Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:26 PM.
London
25 Posts
Joined Dec 2014
Join Defence Discounts (probably using the forms above to get proof if retired. Cannot remember as did this couple of years ago). I have got 10% from Celebrity & RCI (yes same company but Azamara does not) quoting my card number. And whole host of other discounts beside like 10% off BA, ski trips etc. Website has details for each cruise company. Nought for NCL BTW

https://www.defencediscountservice.co.uk/
Swansea
124 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Looks like blue light card has changed its 5% of discount - Ex armed forces were eligible for it too - to OBC for P&O now
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Grey Funnel Line - 1989 - 1997
HMS Beaver, HMS London, HMS Battleaxe

Oceana West Med Sept 2010,Ventura TA barbados Oct 2011,Orianna - North cape Aug 2013
Ventura Iberia Oct 2015- family trip 9m son to 72 yr old dad....3 generations
Ventura Canaries Apr 2018
Britania TA march 2019
WA state
3,754 Posts
Joined Oct 2014
Originally posted by bluemug
What a load of tosh. British military personnel (whether serving or not and even time spent in Home Guard) qualify for on-board credit on Carnival lines.
I don't believe that is true any more. I researched this for a number of different cruise lines late last year or early this year and thi is what I found. Note that while Carnival does offer discounts on some cruises for military vets, it did not, at least at the time I checked, say anything about on-board credits. This was a direct copy of what I found on the Carnival website.

Tom

Carnival offers military discounts on select sailings to active personnel currently serving in the United States Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Department of Health and Human Services, National Guard, Navy, Marines, or Reserves, as well as Cadets who are currently enrolled in a military academy with a scheduled entry date into one of these divisions. Retired personnel from any of these divisions are also eligible. "Retired" is defined as A) enlisted personnel or officers with a minimum of 20 years of service, B) medically retired, or C) 100% disabled. Veterans with an honorable discharge serving a minimum of 2 years, or who served in an active war zone, in any of the United States service divisions listed above are also eligible. In addition, active, reserve and retired Canadian National Defense personnel are eligible for Carnival's military discounts. Finally, spouses of actively deployed or deceased military personnel are eligible to book one stateroom at the military rate. The spouse of the military member must be booked in the stateroom and others in the same stateroom will also be allowed to cruise at the military rate. Qualifying guests must submit a photocopy of enlistment papers, LES (leave and earning statement) with the social security numbers blacked out, or discharge papers (Form DD214 or DD256) and a passport or driver's license via fax to Carnival and Vacations To Go at the time of booking. The spouse of a deceased veteran must also provide a copy of the death certificate at the time of booking. Carnival will charge guests the standard market rate if they do not receive proper documentation within 48 hours of booking. Click here for Carnival military discounts.
Swansea
124 Posts
Joined Mar 2011
Hi Tom, P&O - part of carnival - for its British customers definitely offer serving and ex with proof of service - OBC - I've had it before an its still advertised now - cruise doing next year i managed a 5% off but it was only marginally cheaper than a TA quoted me - they must have used some of their discount beforehand then removed it hen i provided code to them. This has been changed so thou that avenue its also OBC as well. Princess i believe we can also get the same although it is some time since i checked. Carnival don't sail from UK so you have to book via a TA or direct as as far as I'm aware they don't have a UK sales office.... I'm sure someone will correct me...
https://www.defencediscountservice.c...id=243&lid=190
dont know if that would link
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Grey Funnel Line - 1989 - 1997
HMS Beaver, HMS London, HMS Battleaxe

Oceana West Med Sept 2010,Ventura TA barbados Oct 2011,Orianna - North cape Aug 2013
Ventura Iberia Oct 2015- family trip 9m son to 72 yr old dad....3 generations
Ventura Canaries Apr 2018
Britania TA march 2019
London, England
4,106 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
I have been speaking to Celebrity Cruises UK today. My partner is an officer in RNR and they said there is a 10% discount. Forgot to ask if it is per cabin or per person as we haven’t yet booked. They just want the number on his RN card.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
London, England
4,106 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
We got 10% discount each from Celebrity. Every time we’ve asked P&O and Cunard there has always been an excuse not to pay it. Anyway, the discount was more than the OBC that Carnival offer, so happy with that.

Sent from my iPad using Forums