Cancelled Cruised

bama57

My wife has been very busy finishing her Nurse Practitioner degree and working full time as ER RN. Trying to also plan wedding and honeymoon as well as putting up with me. She has been stressed to the max. She passed her boards.:) Carnival has us on the cancel notification list and we have the Conquest booked as a backup. I think it was just an oversight and a lesson learned. My son and future daughter law are not as disappointed as I thought but sure feel bad for the hiccup in the honeymoon.

Best wishes for a great outcome. It sounds like your family has a full plate.

hate anything auto pay

Yes me too. I will never do auto pay. I worked in a bank for 38 years and heard a lot of stories about auto pay. I will make my own payments on my own time. Online banking!

Laura

I do agree. Final payment for my upcoming cruise was recently due. About 3-4 weeks before I started receiving (very annoying) emails from carnival. Also my PVP called to remind me about a week before (benefit of having a PVP).

Hope it works out too...sounds like it will.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My cruise is next year, final payment is not due until like March 2019 yet i still get emails to make payments every few weeks.

I had a CSR tell me the same thing and even when I insisted I needed to put full deposit down, she got a little testy and said no I didn’t. I hung up, checked it online and it said I had to put the rest down before midnight. That was the last time I booked not using a PVP.

I had something similar when I did a price adjustment that changed my booking from partial deposit to full. CSR said nothing else due, but I knew to check my booking after we hung up and made the extra payment myself.

The customer should be their strongest advocate and always double check. I do understand that we all get overwhelmed sometimes and stuff falls through the cracks;)

Yes me too. I will never do auto pay. I worked in a bank for 38 years and heard a lot of stories about auto pay. I will make my own payments on my own time. Online banking!

Laura

I do everything I can with credit card auto pay and then online banking auto pay to pay the credit cards. The only reason I involve the credit cards is for the points. I love it. Different strokes...

I do agree. Final payment for my upcoming cruise was recently due. About 3-4 weeks before I started receiving (very annoying) emails from carnival. Also my PVP called to remind me about a week before (benefit of having a PVP).

Hope it works out too...sounds like it will.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Sounds like you have a good PVP.....but they not all good....we have tried 4 different one and NONE have been even remotely worth our while. Seriously and honestly, the ONLY times we have had issues is when we used a PVP.....arrgghh! Now we do it on our own, we know what we want, and there is NO benefit for us to use a PVP!!