Secret Sands beach excursion through cruise ship

Harriskc

Has anyone recently done the ‘Secret Sands Beach Excursion and Skyline Tour. It is being offered by Royal Caribbean. We’re sailing on the Allure of the Seas in April and would really appreciate if anyone had information on this excursion.

• 3 weeks later...

We've taken this excursion twice (both pre-Irma and Maria) and it was a very nice time. When you arrive at the park you are greeted by a young man who will act as your caretaker for the day. He had a giant cooler filled with water, soda, beer, and will make you a very tasty rum punch. Unlimited drinks during your stay. He will set you up with a lounger but no umbrellas. If the sun gets a little too much, you can pull back into the trees that line the beach for shade.

The water is very calm and the sand is smooth. The beach seemed to be about a half mile long. This beach was made "famous" in the series of "Hannah and her Horse" commercials for DIRECTV. To get a taste for the beautiful scenery you can check the commercials out on You Tube.

There are restrooms and showers for your use. There isn't a great deal to see if you are looking to snorkel, but there were certainly a few fish in the sea.

On your way back to the ship they will take you to a lookout point where you will get a "million dollar" view of the bay and cruise ships. It's a great place to take a few panorama pictures to remember your fabulous day on St. Thomas. I'm certain you'll have a great time on this excursion.

We've taken this excursion twice (both pre-Irma and Maria) and it was a very nice time. When you arrive at the park you are greeted by a young man who will act as your caretaker for the day. He had a giant cooler filled with water, soda, beer, and will make you a very tasty rum punch. Unlimited drinks during your stay. He will set you up with a lounger but no umbrellas. If the sun gets a little too much, you can pull back into the trees that line the beach for shade.

The water is very calm and the sand is smooth. The beach seemed to be about a half mile long. This beach was made "famous" in the series of "Hannah and her Horse" commercials for DIRECTV. To get a taste for the beautiful scenery you can check the commercials out on You Tube.

There are restrooms and showers for your use. There isn't a great deal to see if you are looking to snorkel, but there were certainly a few fish in the sea.

On your way back to the ship they will take you to a lookout point where you will get a "million dollar" view of the bay and cruise ships. It's a great place to take a few panorama pictures to remember your fabulous day on St. Thomas. I'm certain you'll have a great time on this excursion.

Thanks for your reply. Did you enjoy a local meal while on the island?

Thanks for your reply. Did you enjoy a local meal while on the island?

We’ve never eaten at a local restaurant on St. Thomas but we have eaten at several neat places on St. John. As I recall our Secret Sands excursion was in the morning and we returned to the ship by 1:00.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 2 months later...
We did an excursion to Secret Sands beach and it was amazing with a white sand beach and great swimming. Sorry I can’t can’t comment on Trunk Bay.

Thanks for your commentary, Harriskc;

Any other details you'd care to share? How long was the travel time to get there? On the off-chance that you may know.........did you notice anywhere that you'd be able to purchase a portable umbrella? Another poster spoke of bringing hers on the ship, but since she lives locally, it would not apply to me. The thought of being without shade is not a great one for me.

Scanditaly

Thanks for your commentary, Harriskc;

Any other details you'd care to share? How long was the travel time to get there? On the off-chance that you may know.........did you notice anywhere that you'd be able to purchase a portable umbrella? Another poster spoke of bringing hers on the ship, but since she lives locally, it would not apply to me. The thought of being without shade is not a great one for me.

Scanditaly

I would suggest getting one of those umbrellas at your port of embarkation. I know when I go, I plan on going to CVS or Walgreens and picking one of before we board in San Juan.

I would suggest getting one of those umbrellas at your port of embarkation. I know when I go, I plan on going to CVS or Walgreens and picking one of before we board in San Juan.

OMG! You really helped me get my ducks in a row. PR is our first stop, and we shall be at La Concha Resort for a day, and I've seen on these boards that a Walgreens is very close to there. St. Thomas is our third stop.

Thank you

Spent the day there last March while in port. It was without a doubt the best beach day I've ever had in my entire life. I had snacks in my beach bag and that with the available drinks was all I needed. However, 2 family groups with children needed a little more than snack foods. Our local was amazing and placed orders for pizzas to be delivered. He went far above and beyond the scope of his job to make sure everyone was happy. I didn't need the extra shade that umbrellas may have offered. Our caring local noticed my sister getting a bit red and insisted he move her lounger to the shade of the trees. I've wondered more than once how he and that gorgeous slice of beach faired in the storms. Go enjoy!!!