Rome Embarkation-Cannes tender

falkensmaze

As we are getting on the ship in Rome will be at the bottom of the pecking order for booking our Cannes tender as the majority of pax will be already on board from Barcelona. Looking for an early tender on that day.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I’m within the 90 days out (81) and had no problem booking dining and shows. Just hope it’s the same with the tender as it is booked onboard. I’m gold so also wondering if this will get me priority tender as it mentions this on the latitude site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When and where you initially board the ship will not have any influence on getting tender tickets once you arrive in Cannes.

Priority will be given to some, which will include Haven guests, VIP status and higher level Latitude status. Also ship sold shore excursions will also have priority but usually they do not gather in the same area as the general tender line.

In general though there will be a time and place announced for when everyone else can get their tender tickets. This is done on a first come first served basis. As an example you might be docking at 8:00 am and at 6:30 am tender tickets might be available in a particular lounge. Guests go to the lounge and pick up their tender tickets, which will have group numbers. Afterwards, announcements will be made for when it is each groups turn to take their tender turn. This is similar to the embarkation process.

If you want or need to be off the ship as early as possible then you need to be at the location where tender tickets are handed out early.

Hope this helps explain the process a little more.

Have a great cruise.

Rochelle

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When and where you initially board the ship will not have any influence on getting tender tickets once you arrive in Cannes.

Priority will be given to some, which will include Haven guests, VIP status and higher level Latitude status. Also ship sold shore excursions will also have priority but usually they do not gather in the same area as the general tender line.

In general though there will be a time and place announced for when everyone else can get their tender tickets. This is done on a first come first served basis. As an example you might be docking at 8:00 am and at 6:30 am tender tickets might be available in a particular lounge. Guests go to the lounge and pick up their tender tickets, which will have group numbers. Afterwards, announcements will be made for when it is each groups turn to take their tender turn. This is similar to the embarkation process.

If you want or need to be off the ship as early as possible then you need to be at the location where tender tickets are handed out early.

Hope this helps explain the process a little more.

Have a great cruise.

Rochelle

Are you speaking from experience on this particular itinerary?

I ask because this sounds nothing like our previous experience in Cannes, or other more recent reports I have seen on here.

When I did this itinerary tender tickets were distributed a day or two beforehand. More recent reports suggest that this is has been done even earlier in the cruise, which could potentially cause problems for people who embark in Rome. I may have misunderstood though.

Edited by KeithJenner

I’m within the 90 days out (81) and had no problem booking dining and shows. Just hope it’s the same with the tender as it is booked onboard. I’m gold so also wondering if this will get me priority tender as it mentions this on the latitude site.

Yes, gold gets you priority. This means that you don’t need to get a ticket. You don’t jump the queue, so still need to get to the tenders in plenty of time, but don’t need to queue up for a ticket beforehand.

I would check that when onboard though, as these things can change over time.

I ask because this sounds nothing like our previous experience in Cannes, or other more recent reports I have seen on here.

When I did this itinerary tender tickets were distributed a day or two beforehand. More recent reports suggest that this is has been done even earlier in the cruise, which could potentially cause problems for people who embark in Rome. I may have misunderstood though.

I am speaking from experience with this itinerary but not recently. Things often do change and the information I have given could very well be outdated. My apologies if this is the case.

Rochelle

The tenders only hold so many people, and they do require time. The "I have to get off early", is wanted by hundreds of people. Priority is so broad, probably will apply to at least 1/3 the ship, it doesn't mean much either.

IF you want off the ship, earlier- then you need to be ready to go before the posted time. If 7am port time, then 30 minutes prior, if later- more people are up and ready to go, perhaps an hour- IF you have tight times.

Trains are frequent, and an easy walk. I've taken them several times.

We did this itinerary about 2 years ago. As far as I remember tender tickets only became available the evening before and only to Haven guests and higher Latitudes guests. NCL obviously reserve spaces on early tenders for NCL excursions. As we had no excursions booked and we were just going to wander round Cannes we just waited for the early morning rush to die down and we ventured straight down and onto a tender at about 10:30.

The point of my post is that at that time I wasn't aware of tender tickets being available in advance of 24 hours.

I could easily be mistaken.

We did this cruise in September, we embarked in Barcelona but everything was level across the board for both Barcelona and Rome boarding passengers. Tender tickets were not available until the night before (Florence/Pisa) night which was the day after the Rome passengers boarded. Everything was clearly laid out in the freestyle daily.

We did this cruise in September, we embarked in Barcelona but everything was level across the board for both Barcelona and Rome boarding passengers. Tender tickets were not available until the night before (Florence/Pisa) night which was the day after the Rome passengers boarded. Everything was clearly laid out in the freestyle daily.

This helps thank you. Like I said we are gold now and latitude rewards states priority tenders for gold so hopefully this will also be useful. Like everyone else no doubt “we want to be off early” as we are planning to take the train to Monaco and catch nice on the return.

Did this cruise a month ago also boarded in Rome.

Became available the night before and you could book the tickets right through the television.

Thank you. Off topic was howl at the moon packed as always? What about the cavern club?

Thank you. Off topic was howl at the moon packed as always? What about the cavern club?

Howl at the Moon was easy to get into - very disappointed in the show not what I would call dueling pianos (too much emphasis on getting people to drink and borderline begging for tips)

Cavern Club was empty for all acts EXCEPT the Epic Beatles when it was standing room only if you did not get there over 1/2 hour in advance but well worth it even if you have to stand.

Thanks we’ve always enjoyed Howl but your spot on about the tips! But it’s always been standing room only on previous ships! I see the Beatles play most nights so we will try and get in early one time. Thanks for this.

Keith, the three times I have been on the Epic in the Med, the last time being October 2017, we booked the tender tickets through the TV. It was one of my first tasks when we got on board. The first time I booked one of the first tenders and the queuing was a bit of a mess. We had to wait about 30 minutes longer than our booked time. The last time I think we waited until the scrum was over.

This time I want to go to Nice so I will want an early booking. The OP has a point that there may not be as many early places left. It cannot be a huge issue though or there would be another system.

Keith, the three times I have been on the Epic in the Med, the last time being October 2017, we booked the tender tickets through the TV. It was one of my first tasks when we got on board. The first time I booked one of the first tenders and the queuing was a bit of a mess. We had to wait about 30 minutes longer than our booked time. The last time I think we waited until the scrum was over.

This time I want to go to Nice so I will want an early booking. The OP has a point that there may not be as many early places left. It cannot be a huge issue though or there would be another system.

Yes, that sounds very similar to recent reports I’ve heard. It’s different to how it used to be ( I last did this itinerary in 2016, but don’t think I looked at how the tender bookings worked. The time before was 2014).

It cannot be a huge issue though or there would be another system.

Unless the fact that only 300 or so board in Rome vs 4000 in Barcelona and there isn’t enough adversely affected people for them to bother!

Hope it’s not the case, either way you can book everything else online tenders could be done this way also, As the 90 day window opened the same time for everyone.

Unless the fact that only 300 or so board in Rome vs 4000 in Barcelona and there isn’t enough adversely affected people for them to bother!

Hope it’s not the case, either way you can book everything else online tenders could be done this way also, As the 90 day window opened the same time for everyone.

Surely the 90 day window (now 120 days) also opens earlier for Barcelona embarkation.

As I recall you had to wait until you board to book the tender. I don't know if this is the same for NCL tenders on other ships. It really was not important for our last cruise. We were focused on having lazy breakfasts and not rushing off to ports mega-early. In October I want to go to Nice so it will be an issue. I will take note this time.