Silent Disco on NCL

The advantage is fun, perhaps a laugh, and something different.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

Ok, thanks. I don't dance, but my friends do. When we go to the disco, I just sit and watch while sipping a cocktail and listening to the music. I guess in a silent disco, I would be sitting in a room with no music to be heard (not willing to wear headphones). Thanks for the explanation.

Ok, thanks. I don't dance, but my friends do. When we go to the disco, I just sit and watch while sipping a cocktail and listening to the music. I guess in a silent disco, I would be sitting in a room with no music to be heard (not willing to wear headphones). Thanks for the explanation.

You won't hear music but you will hear a bunch of drunk folks singing.:D

• Haha 1

You won't hear music but you will hear a bunch of drunk folks singing.:D

And that begs the question. Which is worse, Disco Music or a bunch of drunk folks singing disco music. The latter could be funny, it could also sound like bunch of dying cats:eek:

• Haha 1

Never having heard of the term "silent disco", I had to Google it. Now that I know what it is, please tell me what the advantage of this is? Doesn't seem to make sense to me.

Plenty of it on Celebrity. It's fun for a one time thing but then gets boring after.

So now imagine you are enjoying a beverage and your friends may each be dancing to different music....sounds amusing to me.

I've seen it done in various outdoor parks around my area....its hilarious to watch

So now imagine you are enjoying a beverage and your friends may each be dancing to different music....sounds amusing to me.

I've seen it done in various outdoor parks around my area....its hilarious to watch

This is exactly why, in an earlier post in this thread, I said that this concept makes no sense to me. I guess like GA Dave said, "I'm a child of the seventies".

We enjoyed it on the Bliss. It is not just disco music. You have 4 music channels to chose from including hip hop, techno, country, pop, oldies and disco. The music changes upon completion of each song. The channlels rotate and there are always 4 different choices. It was funny and entertaining. I would do it again on a heartbeat.

Sounds stupid. Now get off my lawn!!

It does sound really stupid but it's actually a lot of fun. It's really nice to be in a club and have the option to change the music. No more "this song sucks".

Too loud, just adjust the volume. Need to talk to someone, take off the headphones. It's awesome!

We did this on Celebrity. Omg best fun I’ve had with my clothes on in a long time. Different music channels. You then see other singing the same songs. It was lots of fun and great people watching. I wish NCL did this fleet wide. Great fun for all ages!

We did this on Celebrity. Omg best fun I’ve had with my clothes on in a long time. Different music channels. You then see other singing the same songs. It was lots of fun and great people watching. I wish NCL did this fleet wide. Great fun for all ages!

Please tell me they don't do this on the Sun?!? Haha.

• 1 year later...

This is the best dancing, to me.  In a large venue like 270 on the Anthem, there is room for different factions to find each other and start a line dance.  This dancing creates a lot of eye contact and exaggerated gestures, as dancers try to communicate which song they have, or find each other, or persuade their neighbors that they have the best channel.  Great way to get strangers interacting.  Sort of like a game of charades.  I also agree that the chance to remove headphones and talk is a big plus over a real disco.  With a choice of music, I didn't sit out as much.  Good cardio.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nonnyd said:

This is the best dancing, to me.  In a large venue like 270 on the Anthem, there is room for different factions to find each other and start a line dance.  This dancing creates a lot of eye contact and exaggerated gestures, as dancers try to communicate which song they have, or find each other, or persuade their neighbors that they have the best channel.  Great way to get strangers interacting.  Sort of like a game of charades.  I also agree that the chance to remove headphones and talk is a big plus over a real disco.  With a choice of music, I didn't sit out as much.  Good cardio.

I learned a dance in church where you have a line on one side with say 10 people and the other side would have 9.  You would walk or dance between the lines with your dance partner, a different person each time.

I a child of the 70's and thought the silent disco on Anthem was one of the most fun parties I've attended.  My dh doesn't dance but really enjoyed it.  There are different stations and it was a blast watching everyone having fun, singing and dancing.  Try it if your ship has it.

On 8/9/2018 at 1:27 PM, welove2cruise2014 said:

Which ships currently offer this event? Looks like a lot of fun!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

It’s fun first time. They repeatedly have it on Celebrity and it’s a cheap way out of saying that they provide a party. Give me a live band and a theme party.

It’s actually a lot of fun! We recently came off a Celebrity ship and tried it for the first time!  We actually wished it was offered more than just a couple of nights as we love to dance! I suppose it could be better or worse, depending on the DJs choices of songs on the 3 channels, but our particular DJs were great and we really enjoyed it! Glad to hear it’s on NCL as we’ll be on the Jade in May. 

Edited by hun