How to upgrade from Classic to Premium Beverage Package

Luv2Crus40

I upgraded for our 14 night cruise for price of 165.20 over weekend. I had asked the representative if the 20% discount applied to the upgrade and she said yes but I guess not because this is 10 per night plus 18%. So I guess I saved prior to price going up but not because of the sale.

Go to your cruise planner and pick the plan you want. We like to upgrade before so we get the upgraded package on our sea passes instead of a sticker.

Guest relations will print off new sea passes without stickers if you ask, we had an issue on our first cruise where the sticker wore off one of our passes. Ever since then we have asked for new sea passes if we don't upgrade beforehand.

Gosh can you upgrade your husband.. must try that. :D

I wasnt able to upgrade online. So I called in and upgraded my husband.

About two hours later, I went back into the cruise planner and I saw a "Upgrade now" option. Gee, thanks Celebrity.

• Haha 1

Find your favourite bar and bartender onboard. Do it with them, they get the gratuity and might look after you better

That’s what we usually do, but with this recent price increase for the premium package it saved quite a bit of money to do it now.

• 3 months later...

Hi All,

Interested to read all your comments over the upgrade on drinks package to premium.

My question is anyone aware of any current or future discounts off this price.

Ours works out $528 for a 16 night cruise which at current GBP exchange rate is just over £400.

Only reason I ask is I saw a post earlier today showing a 10% discount for such an upgrade but this was in June.

Thanks everyone

:)

Hi All,

Interested to read all your comments over the upgrade on drinks package to premium.

My question is anyone aware of any current or future discounts off this price.

Ours works out $528 for a 16 night cruise which at current GBP exchange rate is just over £400.

Only reason I ask is I saw a post earlier today showing a 10% discount for such an upgrade but this was in June.

Thanks everyone

:)

When do you sail? I was able to snag a 30% discount a couple of months ago. You should wait for a sale if you can.

When do you sail? I was able to snag a 30% discount a couple of months ago. You should wait for a sale if you can.

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply, we don’t sail until Feb 28th on the Solstice.

Are these sales widely broadcast by Celebrity?

• 9 months later...

I was able to upgrade for my last two Celebrity Cruises online.  I waited until there was a sale and got 20% off. I was notified of the sale via email.  My next Celebrity cruise is in November and I will try and wait for a sale.  If not, I will do it a few days before the cruise (I think they lock you out of changes 3 days or so before the cruise).  

Edited by michaeljc70

• 1 month later...
On 6/19/2019 at 5:01 AM, gerelmx said:

Reading a Review from plagmah in the Millennium to Alaska he posted the dailies, this is the page for upgrading the pack, I asked him if this was correct, he posted that the price still is $10 + 20%

image.png.ff72e0d2889ca1ec078227964cf4a644.png

The price says $16.89 right on the flyer. 

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 5:16 AM, bobndee said:

If you upgrade on the ship, the person who does the upgrade will get a bonus from Celebrity. So pick a bar where you expect to spend your time and upgrade with that bartender. You'll get great service from him/her for the duration of the cruise.

This is true, every person you order a drink from on days 1 and 2 will try to upgrade you as they get a commission so as this post says, find the bar you prefer (ours is always the Martini Bar) and chat up one of the bartenders there and then upgrade from him....you will get PREMIUM service from him from then on....ours would even save us seats at the bar if possible or if full when we arrived we would get a table and then he would grab us 2 whenever someone got up to leave without us having to watch or lurk around the bar waiting