Panama Canal shore excursions

Gosapphire

i will be on the celebrity infinity cruise Oct 9 with full transit San Diego to Ft Launderdale . Any suggestions on best tour for Panama Canal ??? Celebrity offers a 5 or 8 hour tour. I want to have the one that gives the best tour of the locks????? Any suggestions for this shore excursion or any others

Edited by Gosapphire
Misspelled words

i will be on the celebrity infinity cruise Oct 9 with full transit San Diego to Ft Launderdale . Any suggestions on best tour for Panama Canal ??? Celebrity offers a 5 or 8 hour tour. I want to have the one that gives the best tour of the locks????? Any suggestions for this shore excursion or any others

Since you're on a FULL transit, you'll be going through all of the locks without an excursion.

I see that your itinerary has a day in Colon AFTER your full transit, in which case I would not do a tour through the canal, but something else. Maybe a tour that includes the observation center at the new Agua Clara locks. EM

While it has been many years since I have been in Colon, it wasn't a safe place to walk around. It was recommended we did not go ashore in groups less than 1/2 dozen. Might have improved over the years.

Regardless, I would not look for a local tour, I would look at Panama City (beautiful city) or a visitor centre for the new locks.

If you are looking for a tour that includes the locks, Celebrity has one, CO72. This tour takes you to Miraflores Locks (original locks) on the Pacific side and then to the new expansion locks of Agua Clara on the Atlantic side. Don't know in which order. The link takes you to X's other tours in Colon.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/pcp-excursions/search-results