Getaway - kiddy slides

HabsFan23

The slides have been out of service for weeks. I do not think it is so much to expect the amenities of the ship to be in good repair.

This is especially important regarding amenities for tots since there is little for them do. People deserve to get the product they paid for.

Highly doubt it is a maintenance is the issue. Last August (2014) we were talking to one of the guys who watched over the pools in the evening (actually got to know him pretty well as the week went on). He told us there had been repeated injuries in the Spongebob pool and play area. The slides in the pool, both on the side and the little island were both pretty steep, and both slide right into hard objects. Pretty much a design fail from the get go. It was off to the side were the bigger kids were sliding in to things (week before a kid a supposedly face planted in to the wall losing a couple of teeth). Didn't see a lot of parental supervision, but hey we are on vacation and that gives parents a free pass right? :D

Given what we saw over the course of the week we weren't surprised when we saw the slide and island roped off the year (got home yesterday). We weren't there every night this year, but still saw some of the larger kids doing some really stupid things. Would bet anything the liability issues were starting to pile up.

Question:

This might be a little off topic...I have never been on a NCL cruise before and I have heard that the Getaway and the Breakaway are designed the same. Does that mean that the Breakaway is going to have the same issue? I am booked on the breakaway and I think my almost 4 year old can do the bigger slides (since he is really tall) but my almost 2 year old would have to stay in the little section. Just wondering...

Question:

This might be a little off topic...I have never been on a NCL cruise before and I have heard that the Getaway and the Breakaway are designed the same. Does that mean that the Breakaway is going to have the same issue? I am booked on the breakaway and I think my almost 4 year old can do the bigger slides (since he is really tall) but my almost 2 year old would have to stay in the little section. Just wondering...

The Breakaway slides were roped off last Sept when I was on board. I'm boarding again Sunday and will take note and post here.