Seaside reviews

abby1257

I take all of those reviews with a grain of salt. So many of them are so poorly written and make it sound as if nothing good at all came from this cruise. If you go into it with the right mindset and expectation you will not be disappointed. If you expect High end cruise line service levels for a fraction of the cost, you will be disappointed. If there is a long wait at a bar, walk 30 steps to the next one. There are at least 20 bars on the ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I had a great cruise and will be back on Seaside with over a dozen family members (on my recommendation). If I didn't enjoy Seaside the way that I did, I would have chosen a different line/ship for the occasion.

Some complaints may be valid but most are "...we usually sail xxxxx and MSC was different so we didn't like it...". I ignore those kind of complaints.

Other complaints such as "...how come those people get and we don't...?" when someone chooses a lower Experience should also be ignored. I've seen that type of complaint from people who couldn't access parts of the ship that Aurea and Yacht Club guests could access.

Complaints about rude guests usually aren't the fault of the cruise-line and can vary from week to week. Ignore those complaints, too.

No deck chairs? Not true. There are dozens of empty loungers along the ship. If people want to crowd on top of each other in one area, they shouldn't complain when there is plenty of space and sun elsewhere. They aren't huddled in the pool (because of depth) so if all that they want is a lounger, there are plenty of them that are available.

Is MSC perfect? No.

Is Seaside perfect? No.

No cruise-line is perfect and no cruise ship is perfect. If people expect perfect but get "different", they will complain.

• Like 1

I had a great cruise and will be back on Seaside with over a dozen family members (on my recommendation). If I didn't enjoy Seaside the way that I did, I would have chosen a different line/ship for the occasion.

Some complaints may be valid but most are "...we usually sail xxxxx and MSC was different so we didn't like it...". I ignore those kind of complaints.

Other complaints such as "...how come those people get and we don't...?" when someone chooses a lower Experience should also be ignored. I've seen that type of complaint from people who couldn't access parts of the ship that Aurea and Yacht Club guests could access.

Complaints about rude guests usually aren't the fault of the cruise-line and can vary from week to week. Ignore those complaints, too.

No deck chairs? Not true. There are dozens of empty loungers along the ship. If people want to crowd on top of each other in one area, they shouldn't complain when there is plenty of space and sun elsewhere. They aren't huddled in the pool (because of depth) so if all that they want is a lounger, there are plenty of them that are available.

Is MSC perfect? No.

Is Seaside perfect? No.

No cruise-line is perfect and no cruise ship is perfect. If people expect perfect but get "different", they will complain.

Love this

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Forums mobile app

WEI sailed on Seaside in April when all that was written here was negative. we had the BEST time. The kinks were being worked out and most of the complaints I heard were based on a personal preference. WE will be sailing next week with 3 other couples and expect to have a great time. we just got of Proncess Royal and had a great time and people complained there . I am not sure what people expect when there are so many variables ... Just go with the flow

My wife and I were just on the MSC Seaside last week for a Western Caribbean cruise in a regular cabin and not the yacht club. We have also been the RCCL Oasis of the Seas and the Norwegian Epic. The biggest issue that we noticed was that the MSC Seaside had few free dining options with over 5,000 guests. For example, at dinner time, you could have the sit down option (anytime if you were in the category or scheduled) or the 8th floor buffet was open which was very busy most of the time. The 16th floor buffet was only open for breakfast and lunch. It would be great if MSC could convert a couple of the bars to food places where light lunches or dinners could be served. On the Oasis of the Seas, you could find pizza from a separate restaurant. Also, I believe the Oasis had breakfast and lunch in the Solarium. The Seaside is a beautiful ship but the food service needs to improve.

Edited by markpghpa
corrected grammer

we also just returned from the seaside (9/22/18-9/29/18) and already booked the identical cruise for spring break march 2019 . . . a few minor issues but nothing that impacted our cruise

the only real issue we had was that the hot water was off for an hour or so one evening (~10PM) due to a broken pipe . . . we called to inquire about it (i was in the shower when it happened) and they said they were aware and would call me to let me know when fixed . . . i told them not to call as i had kids sleeping, so they sent someone up who knocked ever so quietly (barely audible - good for the kids) and told me it was fixed . . . the next day we had "apology" prosecco and chocolate-dipped strawberries sent to our room (without us asking or complaining)

Is MSC perfect? No.

Is Seaside perfect? No.

Right on!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think the Seaside has been built as a 4 star ship. The finishes and the details are actually 5 star and quite a bit of expense went into them (marble, glass, mirrors, furniture, crystal, etc.). Now, you can argue that the service/food (outside of YC) is 3 star which might be valid. But to compare the MSC Seaside with the Carnival Vista (or any other Carnival ship), I do not think is an equal comparison. I was just on the brand new Carnival Horizon, and compared to the Seaside, the Horizon looks like a nice Holiday Inn. The decor is basic, the finishes are cheap, and it in no way exudes the elegance of MSC's Italian design.

Please... can any one help.... am wondering... what is the "earliest" time one can board the Seaside? The paperwork says 2 PM... is that strictly enforced? thanks

We haven't sailed with MSC yet, but from what I've read here, it sounds like they're the same as other cruise lines, and boarding will begin around 11:00am. (Unless there's a problem with the ship clearing.)

Does anyone know if religious services are available aboard? I think we’re at sea on Sunday and I’d like to attend Mass somewhere. I’ll also see if a priest will be available during our cruise. Thanks! Just 13 days away, yay!! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WEI sailed on Seaside in April when all that was written here was negative. we had the BEST time. The kinks were being worked out and most of the complaints I heard were based on a personal preference. WE will be sailing next week with 3 other couples and expect to have a great time. we just got of Proncess Royal and had a great time and people complained there . I am not sure what people expect when there are so many variables ... Just go with the flow

Looking forward to meeting you and your friends next week!

Is MSC perfect? No.

Is Seaside perfect? No.

I totally agree with every single one of your points. Also, I was coming from Carnival and switched over because of loyalty match. I was just on this ship in April of this year (2018) and I am now booked for May of 2019. Fantastica experience is fine for us with room selection and getting to eat in the MDR. I think my only 2 negatives (but they did NOT define my cruise) the entire front of the ship is Yacht Club. There really should be at least an area for peons to view like most other cruise lines. And as far as the RUDE.... yes they are on every cruise ship but for me this was the 2nd worse but again you just go with the flow. Carnival used to be a good bang for your buck but now with MSC offering cheaper prices (because its owned by 1 family and not a corp.) fares are cheaper, drinks, gifts, & excursions are a lot cheaper than other lines. Carnival's food has went down hill along with selection and even service. I found MSC to have far better food and selection. The Seaside is opulent and is one of the most beautiful ships I have sailed on. We booked this ship again because of the liquor package they are offering at the moment.