MSC Bike Tours (La Spezia and Barcelona)

2013cruiser2013

Has anyone taken the Borgo of Framura and Bike ride MSC tour offered in La Spezia? I was wondering what the bikes were like. We were on Meraviglia in April and none of the bike tours we prepaid for went ahead once we were on board. We'll be on Seaview this April. We're also looking at the bike tour while in Barcelona.

Has anyone taken the Borgo of Framura and Bike ride MSC tour offered in La Spezia? I was wondering what the bikes were like. We were on Meraviglia in April and none of the bike tours we prepaid for went ahead once we were on board. We'll be on Seaview this April. We're also looking at the bike tour while in Barcelona.

Haven't been yet but hoping to book this excursion. Several people have posted pics on popular travel sites and they look like the "cruiser" style bike. When you say they "didn't go ahead," was that because not enough people signed up? I hope that is not the case for us as I was looking forward to this excursion.

We had pre-booked for Barcelona and Marseilles on our cruise in April. We were going to be using motorized ebikes for both. The Barcelona option disappeared before we were able to book it and the Marseilles tour was cancelled onboard. When we inquired we were told that Meravigilia was going to carry the bikes on the ship and they had not been delivered yet. The Borgo of Framura Bike ride tour option for Seaview in La Spezia doesn't mention motorized bikes, so I am hopeful that it will run.

• 5 months later...
On 10/8/2018 at 7:48 PM, 2013cruiser2013 said:

We had pre-booked for Barcelona and Marseilles on our cruise in April. We were going to be using motorized ebikes for both. The Barcelona option disappeared before we were able to book it and the Marseilles tour was cancelled onboard. When we inquired we were told that Meravigilia was going to carry the bikes on the ship and they had not been delivered yet. The Borgo of Framura Bike ride tour option for Seaview in La Spezia doesn't mention motorized bikes, so I am hopeful that it will run.

As mentioned we pre-booked the bike tour in La Spezia, and now the option has disappeared from the list of offerings.  I would be grateful if you would let me know if your tour ran as promised.