YC Drinks....I'm confused

JonoBhoy

Firstly - apologies for the umpteenth post about YC and drinks, however my TA has me confused somewhat.

We are sailing for the first time on MSC on Seaside, Eastern Caribbean in Jan '19 in a inside YC cabin. All the posts on here suggest that the drinks package you have in the "premium" package and you can drink pretty much anything with the exception of "super premium"drinks.

However my TA who we booked via have come back with the following statement, when I asked about what drinks package we will get in the YC "MSC have confirmed that all Yacht Club cabins receive the same benefits including the classic drinks package. You can however upgrade to the deluxe package should you wish to."

Do I get "premium drinks package" (and how if at all does this differ from "Deluxe") ? Do I only get drinks in YC areas? Am I only getting "Classic Drinks" because I am on a YC inside cabin and not a suite?

confused.com

Any clarity would be much appreciated

Jonathan

You don't need a TA or call MSC to find information which are on MSC website:

- Discover MSC

- Our Pricing and Experiences

- scroll down to MSC Yacht Club Privileges

- click on box "MSC Yacht Club Privileges"

--> description... "Unlimited complimentary beverages in all..."

- Discover MSC

- Our Pricing and Experiences

- Add on Packages

- All-inclusive Drink Package

--> "All-inclusive Drink Package Comparison Guide" shows what's included in All-incl DELUXE Yacht Club.

Hi JB,

The beverage package on YC pretty much includes everything. All that you see on the menus outside YC are included, except those with two asterisks (**) . But then again, when you read the menus, it's pretty obvious that such offerings are not included anywhere on the ship.

This being said, on the YC menus, there are no asterisks: so read carefully. In YC you do get top-shelf liquor etc. but if you want super-premium, then you will pay. Read the T&Cs: premium wine, Champagne and most liquors are available at 30% from bar price (but that really premium... Stuff that's really exclusive).

Hi JB,

The beverage package on YC pretty much includes everything. All that you see on the menus outside YC are included, except those with two asterisks (**) . But then again, when you read the menus, it's pretty obvious that such offerings are not included anywhere on the ship.

This being said, on the YC menus, there are no asterisks: so read carefully. In YC you do get top-shelf liquor etc. but if you want super-premium, then you will pay. Read the T&Cs: premium wine, Champagne and most liquors are available at 30% from bar price (but that really premium... Stuff that's really exclusive).

Hi JB,

I heard that the YC drink package no longer includes a 30% discount off the wine list as it was when we were on in February - a "premium drink package" still gets the 30% discount, but not the YC drink ("package" you might want to say"

Thank you all, seems it’s crystal clear now. Appreciate the info

The waters were further muddied when MSC customer service gentleman also told me a couple of weeks back that drinks weren’t included

Looking forward to it immensely now :)

Any top tips for first time MSC-ers (Celebrity up till now)?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Firstly - apologies for the umpteenth post about YC and drinks, however my TA has me confused somewhat.

We are sailing for the first time on MSC on Seaside, Eastern Caribbean in Jan '19 in a inside YC cabin. All the posts on here suggest that the drinks package you have in the "premium" package and you can drink pretty much anything with the exception of "super premium"drinks.

However my TA who we booked via have come back with the following statement, when I asked about what drinks package we will get in the YC "MSC have confirmed that all Yacht Club cabins receive the same benefits including the classic drinks package. You can however upgrade to the deluxe package should you wish to."

Do I get "premium drinks package" (and how if at all does this differ from "Deluxe") ? Do I only get drinks in YC areas? Am I only getting "Classic Drinks" because I am on a YC inside cabin and not a suite?

confused.com

Any clarity would be much appreciated

Jonathan

Your drinks are thru out the ship. YC inside gets the same as deluxe room in the YC.