Rhodes Greece

jzad

Our cruise on Jewel of the Seas in May of next year has just added Rhodes on as a port stop, taking out Euphesus.

Can anyone provide some information on this port, what there is to do and if it is just walkable from the port to tour around on our own.

Thanks for any information you all have :D

janine

You can walk from the port to the old city. There are lots of shops and the Palace of the Grand Master.

We did a Segway tour, which we LOVED! It was one of our favorite excursions. It was through Greece Segway Tours.

Hopefully, my two attachments will show up. The one with the wall shows about how close you are to the city. The second one shows your view as you walk to the city.

1-220-DSC02487.JPG.9ab8a048ddea397881377bf9febe0d46.JPG

1-067-20161008_085614.jpg.aa023a366225686c38b2f238f73cd2e6.jpg

You can walk from the port to the old city. There are lots of shops and the Palace of the Grand Master.

We did a Segway tour, which we LOVED! It was one of our favorite excursions. It was through Greece Segway Tours.

Hopefully, my two attachments will show up. The one with the wall shows about how close you are to the city. The second one shows your view as you walk to the city.

Oh that's great! thank you for the pics, that gives me a better look.

We did a private tour (4 of us) with Rhodes Private Tours. We toured all over the island and fell in love with it. So many beautiful places and beaches to see that you miss if you just stay in town.

Another great suggestion, I’ll look them up. Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Another vote for Rhodes Private Tours. We toured with them this past May and had a great time. They took us all over the island and out to Lindos. We had plenty of time to walk around town on our way back to the ship.

You can definitely fill a day just walking from your ship into the Old Town and exploring if that feels good to you for that day. Lots to see and do.

If you feel like getting out into the island some, then I recommend a trip to Lindos using some form of provided transportation and possibly a guide. It's a nice place to visit and climb up to the Acropolis for great views. Depending on your time in port, a trip to Lindos and a little time exploring some of Old Town is probably likely.

Our ship was in port until 11:00 pm, so we had a full day and evening to explore.

We rented a car and spent much of the day circumnavigating around the island at our leisure. We visited some wineries, beaches, and Lindos. We dropped the car off around 5:00 pm, and went back onboard to shower and change. We left a while later to have dinner in the old town and walk around, which is pretty spectacular at night.