Port of Long Beach - Carnival - Questions

PATRLR

We will be leaving April 30 on the Miracle out of Long Beach. First time in a long time leaving out of this area. I have a few questions:

1. We'll be staying in Anaheim with a rental car prior to departure. I hope to drive to the port and drop the car somewhere nearby. Which rental car companies are nearby, or, will I need to drop at an airport and shuttle from there?
  2. Our check-in time is 2:00PM (ugh). My experience is some ports are strict about check in times and others are not. We could easily be at the port very early. Would we be wasting our time? Are they going to refuse to let us in if we're early?
  3. Post cruise, need to get down to SNA - suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, they will allow you to come in, but you will be assigned a zone # for check in at the dome. There is seating in a shaded area while you wait. You can have your bags checked in by the porters. Now if you are Platinum you will be able to check in anytime in the VIP lounge outside the dome.

• 5 months later...
We will be leaving April 30 on the Miracle out of Long Beach. First time in a long time leaving out of this area. I have a few questions:

1. We'll be staying in Anaheim with a rental car prior to departure. I hope to drive to the port and drop the car somewhere nearby. Which rental car companies are nearby, or, will I need to drop at an airport and shuttle from there?
  2. Our check-in time is 2:00PM (ugh). My experience is some ports are strict about check in times and others are not. We could easily be at the port very early. Would we be wasting our time? Are they going to refuse to let us in if we're early?
  3. Post cruise, need to get down to SNA - suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I'm curious as to what means of transportation you used post cruise back to SNA. I'm looking into doing a cruise out of Long Beach, possibly flying into SNA instead of LAX. I could do LGB the day before cruise, but returning home, LGB doesn't work for me. We usually fly Southwest & LGB has 1 flight (southwest) in the a.m. to MSY. Thanks!

Anyone have any updated info on this? OP, did you show up early and get on? We are in the same boat, just booked a cruise for Nov 4 and booked hotel maya....of course, this last minute type booking meant the early check in times were gone. We can wait until 11am, check out and head over to the pier, but that still gets us there almost 3 hours before our checkin. Anyone have issues with the getting on the ship before your assigned check in time in Long Beach?

Things have been changing at Long Beach. Could check in your bags early and then see if you can check in early.

If not, check out the Queen Mary. They offer free basic admission for those sailing on Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Things have been changing at Long Beach. Could check in your bags early and then see if you can check in early.

If not, check out the Queen Mary. They offer free basic admission for those sailing on Carnival.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks, good advice. I am ok with the scheduled time, really just need to get rid of my luggage then we can kill a few hours if we need to.

Carnival now has staggered check in. So what time slot that is on your boarding pass you will not be allowed into the building until your time slot. They are very strict about it. You can come anytime after but not before. Enterprise rent a car located down the street you can pick up a car in lax and pay a extra drop off fee and drop it off in Long Beach. Hope this helps

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Carnival now has staggered check in. So what time slot that is on your boarding pass you will not be allowed into the building until your time slot. They are very strict about it. You can come anytime after but not before. Enterprise rent a car located down the street you can pick up a car in lax and pay a extra drop off fee and drop it off in Long Beach. Hope this helps

Thanks for the reply. We have a late check in slot due to the last minute booking and I read some threads on the slots since I took a few years off from cruising. We are at the doubletree maya where my car will stay, so a rental is not needed.

However, I am unfamiliar with the long beach port (previously an east coast cruiser), so I am unsure if there are some porters available to take our bags when we arrive, since I need to vacate doubletree earlier than my slot. I am assuming based on a previous reply in this thread that there are available porters to grab our bags, and then we can head over to the queen mary to kill some time, grab a coffee, before our slot.

Keep in mind Carnival has it own port they are located in the same parking lot as the Queen Mary. Once you pull up the porter is going to take your luggage but you have to arrive before 2pm. Any arrivals after that you will be taking your own luggage on board porters only worked until 2pm.