***WARNING*** If Thinking of Booking the Monaco Grand Prix Cruise

ScotBrit17

If you are planning on sailing on Azamara to take in the Monaco Grand Prix don't book the "10 NIGHT CLASSIC GRAND PRIX & MED VOYAGE" cruise.

It leaves on 5th May and is in Monte Carlo on 12th and 13th May, unfortunately the Grand Prix in on the 27th. They do have a Grand Prix cruise on the correct date so make sure you book for the correct date.

This could a pretty major error is cruisers book the earlier cruise specifically to attend the Grand Prix, this was my reason for looking and almost booked, the only reason I didn't was I saw the other cruise then checked the dates.

It is not as though they are trying to mislead people and then say that they only referred to the Grand Prix as you can see the track because the itinerary states "since the world-famous Monaco Classic Grand Prix is a staple stop on this voyage" so it really is an error.

I have emailed Azamara to advise them.

If you are planning on sailing on Azamara to take in the Monaco Grand Prix don't book the "10 NIGHT CLASSIC GRAND PRIX & MED VOYAGE" cruise.

It leaves on 5th May and is in Monte Carlo on 12th and 13th May, unfortunately the Grand Prix in on the 27th. They do have a Grand Prix cruise on the correct date so make sure you book for the correct date.

This could a pretty major error is cruisers book the earlier cruise specifically to attend the Grand Prix, this was my reason for looking and almost booked, the only reason I didn't was I saw the other cruise then checked the dates.

It is not as though they are trying to mislead people and then say that they only referred to the Grand Prix as you can see the track because the itinerary states "since the world-famous Monaco Classic Grand Prix is a staple stop on this voyage" so it really is an error.

I have emailed Azamara to advise them.

Hi Scotbrit

I honestly can't see how this can be confused with the Grand Prix cruise, as an F1 officianado I've been on the Azamara GP cruise twice and am now booked on the Classic GP cruise for a different experience. The Classic Grand Prix features classic GP cars from pre war through to the 1970's in short races over a couple of days on the 'classic' GP circuit a couple of weeks prior to the current F1 GP. The 2018 Classic GP is in its 11th incarnation.

Having reviewed the description of the Classic GP cruise on Azamara I do concede the it does make reference to Formula One, but these are Classic cars, not the current breed which may cause some people confusion, however, it should be clear that the cruise dates are wrong for the F1 GP

Azamara might want to consider changing the name in the cruise description to Historic Grand Prix as this would create less confusion, especially to those that enjoy racing but are not diehard Formula 1 fans and know the difference. The Monaco Historic Grand Prix runs every 2 years on the F1 circuit and occurs 2 weeks prior to the running of the F1 Monaco Grand Prix. We attended the Historic race in 2014 while visiting on Quest and it was fabulous. Azamara did a wonderful job in securing us great seats!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
We are going to be on the F1 Grand Prix Cruise in May starting May 24 on the Quest (also the 9 day cruise before that from Barcelona to Nice). I am wondering what would be the best way to procure tickets for the race?

Go through the official F1 website, much cheaper than Azamara

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I wouldn't have thought so, its not exactly a cheap cruise, and it certainly didn't happen on the last two occasions that i've done the Monaco GP Cruise with Azamara. I like to think GP aficionados are not in the same type of mix that you are alluding to. Additionally, I have yet to encounter these types on an AZ cruise. But who knows?