Scotch offered in Azamara's basic beverage package

vvnh16a

I am ready to take my first Azamara Cruise (we are Elite PLus on Celebrity) and I was going through their beverage package and noticed the only scotch they have in the basic package is Cutty Sark. This is as basic as you can get for supposidly a premium cruise line. IS this all they really have in their basic package....Can you get at least Dewars without an up charge??

I am ready to take my first Azamara Cruise (we are Elite PLus on Celebrity) and I was going through their beverage package and noticed the only scotch they have in the basic package is Cutty Sark. This is as basic as you can get for supposidly a premium cruise line. IS this all they really have in their basic package....Can you get at least Dewars without an up charge??

No it is cutty sark only. Anything else is at an upcharge. DH as a Scotch drinker says it's fine with mixers otherwise it's a pay to upgrade if it's just on the rocks

By the way it makes no difference what Celebrity level you are at it's the same drinks however you would get a 20% discount off the ultimate beverage package - no discount on the premium package

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No it is cutty sark only. Anything else is at an upcharge. DH as a Scotch drinker says it's fine with mixers otherwise it's a pay to upgrade if it's just on the rocks

By the way it makes no difference what Celebrity level you are at it's the same drinks however you would get a 20% discount off the ultimate beverage package - no discount on the premium package

Actually there is also Seagrams Seven Crown Whisky too. My husband is scotch drinker and finds both of these acceptable, even tho’ his favourite blended scotch is Famous Grouse.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Actually there is also Seagrams Seven Crown Whisky too. My husband is scotch drinker and finds both of these acceptable, even tho’ his favourite blended scotch is Famous Grouse.

Sorry as a true Scotch drinker Seagrams would never be DH choice it's a blended American/ Canadian whisky and some would say should not be called Scotch

Again coming from Celebrity, if I ordered something ...say a Dewars Scotch and It was not on he Classic (or basic package) I would only have to pay the price difference which was miminal. How does it work on Azamara if I want to pay by the drink for a Dewars (just as an example) rather than pay an additional $15.95 per day for the Premium Package!

Hard to believe with all the Scotch drinkers out there that they have not made this (having only one scotch selection available ...and a very poor one at that) a critical comment on their end of cruise comment cards.

You rarely see Cutty Sark on sale in the UK.

Probably because no discerning Scotch drinker would buy it.

Its probably the same with Royal Club tonic water, no Gin and tonic fan would touch it with a barge poll.

Whats even more disturbing about Royal Club its made by Heineken, and a good friend who has senior job in Ireland with Heineken had never heard of Royal Club or knew they made.

Sorry for being a bit off thread.

As a reminder - you can bring a bottle of whatever you want on board to enjoy a nightcap (or lunch tot, or whatever - it's vacation, no judgement! ;-) I brought on a little wine and we brought a bottle of bourbon we like - just to keep in our cabin so we wouldn't have to go find a bar if we were enjoying lounging on our balcony.

[but otherwise, we just enjoyed the complimentary options - we knew we wouldn't want the included bourbon, however]

When you first board, there will be a sheet listing the included brands in each package. If you have to ask if this brand or that brand is included, you need to bite the bullet and realise you'll have to upgrade because it won't be included.

Three drinks and you've broken even with something you'll enjoy. Upper loyalty levels get discounts on the packages.

When you first board, there will be a sheet listing the included brands in each package. If you have to ask if this brand or that brand is included, you need to bite the bullet and realise you'll have to upgrade because it won't be included.

Three drinks and you've broken even with something you'll enjoy. Upper loyalty levels get discounts on the packages.

How much discount for Upper loyalty level !!!

How much discount for Upper loyalty level !!!

Noted at the top of this thread:

My husband used to work in whisky warehouses in Glasgow, including Cutty Sark. He remembers that the difference was that Cutty Sark had less added caramel than other blended scotch whiskies because it was the way Americans preferred whisky. The blend itself was no different from other brands. There was a saying that people drink with their eyes.

My husband used to work in whisky warehouses in Glasgow, including Cutty Sark. He remembers that the difference was that Cutty Sark had less added caramel than other blended scotch whiskies because it was the way Americans

preferred whisky. The blend itself was no different from other brands. There was a saying that people drink with their eyes.

Very interesting but judging by the comments on this thread many Americans do not like it eIther