Real Milk and where to find it.

erniebernie

During our last voyage on QV we could only find Long Life milk to put in our Tea/Coffee and to be honest we dont like it! We are on QM2 next year and would like to find some real milk, does anyone know where we can find it.? If all else fails we can take some on board and leave in our fridge.Thanx Allison

During our last voyage on QV we could only find Long Life milk to put in our Tea/Coffee and to be honest we dont like it! We are on QM2 next year and would like to find some real milk, does anyone know where we can find it.? If all else fails we can take some on board and leave in our fridge.Thanx Allison

Sadly, that's the only milk they stock on board. I too dislike long life milk. Ruins coffee and you can't make a decent milkshake with it.

Sadly, that's the only milk they stock on board. I too dislike long life milk. Ruins coffee and you can't make a decent milkshake with it.

So true, I think we will grab a couple of bottles before we get on board and take a hip flack to use K.C.:)

Full Fat and Skimmed Fresh milk used to be in Glass Containers in the Lido and Kings Court, These were changed regularly at specific times over the day.

Additionally Half and half which was similar to cream was available in a metal jug which was usually nearby.

Down by Connextions on Deck 2 QM2 The Drinks vending area offered similar but all in metal jugs.

On Queen Victoria last month you could get small cartons of either skimmed or whole milk from the Lido at breakfast. We took a carton from breakfast and kept it in our fridge to put in our coffee, lasted a few days in the fridge too. Didn’t need to use the long life sachets.

We would get extra milk from room service & keep in fridge. Hubby uses skim milk & I use almond milk. I was happy to be able to get almond milk anywhere I went on qm2. Dining & coffee place remember our preferences within a couple of days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What is long life milk? We sail on our first Cunard cruise this Friday but have sailed on many cruises and have always seen fresh milk, and not just on 7 nt cruises. There are usually containers at breakfast buffet as well as small pitchers at the tables. I usually ask milk not cream for my tea. Dh drinks his coffee black but wants milk in his cereal.

I think their talking about in room. In your tea tray they have the milk packets that do not need to be refrigerated & have a long life. You can get fresh milk from restaurants including soy/almond as well. Just ask [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What is long life milk? We sail on our first Cunard cruise this Friday but have sailed on many cruises and have always seen fresh milk, and not just on 7 nt cruises. There are usually containers at breakfast buffet as well as small pitchers at the tables. I usually ask milk not cream for my tea. Dh drinks his coffee black but wants milk in his cereal.

It's also known as UHT - Ultra High Temperature pasteurized milk. An unopened UHT container is shelf stable for months - but it does taste different.

We just ordered cream [half & half] with a room service breakfast, and kept the leftover cream in the refrigerator for later use.

The Glass milk containers on a Drinks station in Kings Court QM2. Full or Semi skimmed. These are not electrically chilled so the contents have to be changed at regular intervals noted by time label attached to them.

IMG_9560.jpg.bea13e1b4f31c9fe995ef108ad584405.jpg

The Glass milk containers on a Drinks station in Kings Court QM2. Full or Semi skimmed. These are not electrically chilled so the contents have to be changed at regular intervals noted by time label attached to them.

Brilliant Thanks.Allison