Check your booking again!

Cruise'nMaMa

Just experienced what everyone is talking about in regards to MSC. I booked on Seaside for Jan 2018 back in Feb 2017. Booked one of the infamous Aurea Grand Suites 14001. Has been on my booking every time I checked. Not today however! My travel agent is not in so I called direct. Come to find out MSC decided to change me to a Guarantee this past Friday. I am not happy and if they don’t get my cabin back I will cancel. My final payment was due soon. Glad I haven’t paid. They escalated it to the Management Team.

So mostly I’m posting to tell everyone to check their bookings in case Friday was a day they did many.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just experienced what everyone is talking about in regards to MSC. I booked on Seaside for Jan 2018 back in Feb 2017. Booked one of the infamous Aurea Grand Suites 14001. Has been on my booking every time I checked. Not today however! My travel agent is not in so I called direct. Come to find out MSC decided to change me to a Guarantee this past Friday. I am not happy and if they don’t get my cabin back I will cancel. My final payment was due soon. Glad I haven’t paid. They escalated it to the Management Team.

So mostly I’m posting to tell everyone to check their bookings in case Friday was a day they did many changes.

Adding some more info from my TA who talked to them too. Apparently they were “updating” itineraries in the system and it made my booking revert to Guaranteed and released my cabin.

I was checking our booking last night to see if I could print documents for our upcoming cruise only to find that passenger details had changed.

I then checked another future booking, only to find out that it shows a different ship and dates of travel despite my confirmation showing the correct details!

So you can imagine, telephone calls to Customer Service today!!!!

Their website is a nightmare,even their own people admit that.

The upcoming cruise on 11th November will be our first, at the moment it’s not installing the confidence that everything will be ok!

So the OP is right, always keep checking your booking!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for this information so we can all check. My two bookings look okay but I do appreciate your coming here and letting us know to check.

Hope it all works out. How upsetting!

MSC lured us over with the status match. So far I'm not impressed with the website or their knowledge of their own ship, to say the least. I hope the onboard experience is smoother.

Could the cabin trouble be due to your getting an actual 2-bedroom Grand Suite and they feel they undercharged for those? Not that that excuses what has happened, but maybe they're trying to pull a fast one. I booked what I hoped was a 2-bedroom for our cruise next June, but it's a one-bedroom. By the time I booked I had assumed that would be the case, but I wonder if we'd snagged a 2 bedroom if we'd have the same trouble...

Good luck getting your cabin back!

Could the cabin trouble be due to your getting an actual 2-bedroom Grand Suite and they feel they undercharged for those? Not that that excuses what has happened, but maybe they're trying to pull a fast one.

I'm thinking along those same lines. Someone probably complained loud enough to the right person and went from a 1br/1ba Grand Suite to the OP's 14001.

How many people were booked in the OP's Grand Suite? If less than 5, MSC might have "moved" the OP to another GS because someone else "needed" it. :rolleyes:

OP: I'll echo my thanks for posting this. Of course, we immediately checked our 2 upcoming res and they're OK ... for now.

But, really ... is this not over the top unacceptable by MSC? It's one thing for them to tell someone that they can't book a certain cabin for whatever reason, at the time of booking. But to start changing cabin selections, after they've been allotted, seems way out of bounds. And to change someone's booking from a specific cabin choice to a Gty???? I don't get why people are letting them get away with it, or why this hasn't turned folks off from booking with them.

I haven't been on the MSC forum for all that long, but ... does this happen a lot????

OP: be sure to let us know how this is resolved. Good luck.

I'm thinking along those same lines. Someone probably complained loud enough to the right person and went from a 1br/1ba Grand Suite to the OP's 14001.

How many people were booked in the OP's Grand Suite? If less than 5, MSC might have "moved" the OP to another GS because someone else "needed" it. :rolleyes:

I have 3 people booked, us and our teenage son so a 2 bedroom was attractive for privacy.

I am still waiting to hear back from my TA. Needless to say, I was looking forward to trying MSC but this does not leave me with a great impression. I am selective in my cabin choice and it’s important to me. Have been on many cruises in my life so I know what I like.

I will post an update when I hear and am keeping my fingers crossed!

I wish you the best of luck. (y)

The Grand Suite problem was bad enough when people who thought that they were getting what MSC was selling (2br/2ba) found out that most of the suites were 1br/1ba. it's even worse that people who actually got what they deserved (2br/2ba) are "accidentally" being moved out.

I didn't book a GS but I still worry about losing my exact suite at the last minute.

I wish you the best of luck. (y)

The Grand Suite problem was bad enough when people who thought that they were getting what MSC was selling (2br/2ba) found out that most of the suites were 1br/1ba. it's even worse that people who actually got what they deserved (2br/2ba) are "accidentally" being moved out.

I didn't book a GS but I still worry about losing my exact suite at the last minute.

Well everyone I am apparently not getting my room back and I am so disappointed. They offered a “upgrade” to one of the Whirlpool Suites... half the room size and personally I don’t like the locations. They won’t tell my TA which cabin either unless I agree to the upgrade. What’s to say it won’t happen to me again before January?? I feel like I am not being treated well and this was their screw up. My dad’s theory is that since pricing has gone up, they took the room and resold it for more $$. Oh well. We are likely going to cancel and choose something else because this experience just didn’t sit well with me.

My dad’s theory is that since pricing has gone up, they took the room and resold it for more $$.

I would go with him on that, sorry to hear they messed you about, certainly not going to win friends and influence people if they continue with this kind of nonsense.

My dad’s theory is that since pricing has gone up, they took the room and resold it for more $$.

I would go with him on that, sorry to hear they messed you about, certainly not going to win friends and influence people if they continue with this kind of nonsense.

Update - I told my TA I was canceling the cruise and not taking the “upgrade” they offered. Today She sent me an email and said I got my cabin 14001 back and I checked my booking. It is back. She is out of the office and will call me when she gets back in. I am completely surprised and will be interested to hear what she has to say about it.

Update - I told my TA I was canceling the cruise and not taking the “upgrade” they offered. Today She sent me an email and said I got my cabin 14001 back and I checked my booking. It is back. She is out of the office and will call me when she gets back in. I am completely surprised and will be interested to hear what she has to say about it.

I'm glad that you got it back.

It seems to me that they are seeing whom they can coax out of the actual 2br/2ba so that those staterooms can go to those who complain the loudest. Not cool, MSC.

Glad to hear you got your cabin back. I was worried they would try that with my booking, cabin 12001, Thanksgiving 2018, three people. We've had the one bedroom Aurea before, and while it was great for two, it isn't configured to share with another adult. Hope you will be writing a review with pictures.

Glad to hear you got your cabin back. I was worried they would try that with my booking, cabin 12001, Thanksgiving 2018, three people. We've had the one bedroom Aurea before, and while it was great for two, it isn't configured to share with another adult. Hope you will be writing a review with pictures.

Thanks! I definitely will with pictures since they haven’t come out with many!

Say whaaaa? I've wanted to try MSC for a while now, but if they steal cabins back after booking, that gives me great pause.

I've read about it a bit here but with recent booking TA said MSC is worst she deals with as far as them moving rooms after booking. She even had connecting rooms moved.

Also not happy about not letting us book room for 4 in room for 5 so kids can have separate beds.

While all cruise lines reserve the right to move your reservation, I totally agree with Dexddd in that it happens on MSC with much greater frequency. I’ve drawn this conclusion from reading these boards and hearing directly from my TA. MSC is so difficult to work with that several US travel agencies refuse to sell the MSC product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have been cruising for a very long time and with many lines. Moving my cabin has never happened to me until this. It seems like MSC cares more about maximum capacity than happy customers. You would think happy customers would be more important since they are trying to break into and gain in the North American market. It’s not about that first time customer as much as it is about getting that customer to repeat and sail again. I also get the right to move someone but they didn’t even move me to an actual cabin, just a Guarantee. We didn’t cancel since we got it back and are going to try the cruise with MSC but if I can’t pick and retain my cabin in the future then it might be my only one. I am nervous they will take the room from me again in the next few months until we go!