Stumped - Phone number to Eclipse

lovey1103

It's buried in the section about internet and phone packages. Pretty asinine, right?

In-Stateroom Phone

Friends and family can contact the ship by calling 877-266-1020. From outside the U.S., they can call 321-953-9002. The cost is $7.95 USD a minute. This can be charged to their MasterCard® or Visa®. From outside the U.S. additional long distance charges will also apply. You can make ship-to-shore calls from your stateroom 24 hours a day. The cost is $7.95 USD per minute and will be automatically charged to your SeaPass account.

It's buried in the section about internet and phone packages. Pretty asinine, right?

In-Stateroom Phone

Friends and family can contact the ship by calling 877-266-1020. From outside the U.S., they can call 321-953-9002. The cost is $7.95 USD a minute. This can be charged to their MasterCard® or Visa®. From outside the U.S. additional long distance charges will also apply. You can make ship-to-shore calls from your stateroom 24 hours a day. The cost is $7.95 USD per minute and will be automatically charged to your SeaPass account.

b - While, I personally, have not gone to the website to view the information you provided, yet, do you mean that it is in very 'fine print' so it is barely readable OR do you mean that it is included with phone information that it is asinine, right or wrong?

Where would you recommend it be placed and how large of a text? Maybe the title within the FAQ's require updating to read 'In Stateroom Phone and Ship Contact'? Or?

After all it is a FAQ and the website can be only so long before passengers would stop reading it altogether, which I doubt many who frequent CC read it and use CC as the FAQ for all things about X in lieu of going there, first that is.

As well, CML provided an alternative way to get the number as well... which would have been my first go to if not readily found on X's website.

bon voyage

I find it asinine because it's not where anyone would expect it to be like as a FAQ or on the Contact Us page.

To find it, you have to go to "Onboard Experience," then "Packages," and then find the tab for "Internet and Phone Packages" where you will find the contact info under the section about having an in-room phone. Someone actively seeking that info is going to have a hard time finding it without basically clicking on every page of the website to find it.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/internet-and-phone-packages

I find it asinine because it's not where anyone would expect it to be like as a FAQ or on the Contact Us page.

To find it, you have to go to "Onboard Experience," then "Packages," and then find the tab for "Internet and Phone Packages" where you will find the contact info under the section about having an in-room phone. Someone actively seeking that info is going to have a hard time finding it without basically clicking on every page of the website to find it.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/internet-and-phone-packages

I now understand your position on this fully.

bon voyage

I agree with bEwAbG that this is a ridiculous place to put this information. I'm normally very good at finding info on Celebrity's web site but this question had me stumped. If I remember correctly there used to be a FAQ about how someone can contact a guest on board, it also used to be in the cruise docs (I looked at my saved doc from August and did not see it). I actually found the # from a hard copy of a CC posting from 2011.

I guess in this day and age if there was an emergency at home most people would contact the guest via email or text but there are probably still those who disconnect when on a cruise.