What not to miss in Bermuda?

AdventurousCat

For night life, I assume your best bet will be Hamilton. It's the most "metropolitan" part of the island. As far as stuff to do, the caves are pretty cool. Going to St. George might be interesting if you're into that kind of thing. Personally, I love the beaches in Bermuda.

Overall, the best advice I can give about Bermuda is do NOT bother with any of the cruise line excursions. You pay about a third of the cost by doing it yourself. The dockyards have lots of vendors who will be more than happy to take your money for a snorkeling adventure or ride jet-skis. Also, there's public transportation and the taxis are regulated. The Bermudian currency is tied to the US Dollar, so no foreign transaction fees on your credit cards.

Something that I found interesting and unexpected... we were simply taking our own self-tour and came across St Peters, a 400+ year old church. Decided to go in and have a look. There are numerous plaques on the walls from people who attended the church over decades and centuries,, it provides a nice perspective and historical background of Bermuda, Also, the graveyards next door were interesting.

Something that I found interesting and unexpected... we were simply taking our own self-tour and came across St Peters, a 400+ year old church. Decided to go in and have a look. There are numerous plaques on the walls from people who attended the church over decades and centuries,, it provides a nice perspective and historical background of Bermuda, Also, the graveyards next door were interesting.

For those who don’t know Bermuda, St. Peter’s is in St. George’s. Something else that may be of interest about St. Peter’s is that if you walk out the back entrance of the graveyard, across the narrow street is the Bermuda Perfumery.

Overall, the best advice I can give about Bermuda is do NOT bother with any of the cruise line excursions. You pay about a third of the cost by doing it yourself. The dockyards have lots of vendors who will be more than happy to take your money for a snorkeling adventure or ride jet-skis. Also, there's public transportation and the taxis are regulated. The Bermudian currency is tied to the US Dollar, so no foreign transaction fees on your credit cards.

This may or may not be true. I looked at scuba and SNUBA offerings, and for Royal Carib, the ship's excursions were about $4-5 cheaper than booking direct.

Going to Horseshe Bay is MUCH cheaper just taking the mini buses. About half the price as the ship excursion.

As always, shop around.