Bon Voyage Dawn Princess World Cruise 2014

Lucky me :eek:I get to work on the debark on Sunday at White Bay , reckon there could be a "fair bit" of luggage, should be an interesting morning but I will a touch envious of all those lucky cruisers.

As well as a "fair bit" of luggage , I would imagine their will be a fair quantity of provisions to load . Her larders will probably be running on empty after the World Cruise.

I think you both will be right, :D

gbenjo, I thought you only worked at the OPT, is this a special occasion or are you branching out?

Kiwi Kruzer, I am sure they will need to restock the cellars and bars, they probably were starting to run out of things for sure.:eek:

Looking forward to boarding on Sunday for our 20 night cruise to PNG, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu and Noumea. Only 3 more sleeps.:)

My brother in law and sister in law are also on board.

Enjoy !

The world cruisers might have a rocky last 3 nights on board, 6 metre seas in the Tasman.

Edited by NSWP

I think you both will be right, :D

gbenjo, I thought you only worked at the OPT, is this a special occasion or are you branching out?

Kiwi Kruzer, I am sure they will need to restock the cellars and bars, they probably were starting to run out of things for sure.:eek:

No Mic...can I call you Mic?:D.. .... Over the "winter break" I have also been working with the company that does the P&O ,Carnival & Princess turnarounds so go to whatever terminal the ship is at. Can't stay away from the ships ( and the wonderful passengers:rolleyes:) for too long I would suffer withdrawal.

No Mic...can I call you Mic?:D.. .... Over the "winter break" I have also been working with the company that does the P&O ,Carnival & Princess turnarounds so go to whatever terminal the ship is at. Can't stay away from the ships ( and the wonderful passengers:rolleyes:) for too long I would suffer withdrawal.

gbenjo, if I may say so, you sound like a nice fella, hope to meet you one day down the wharf. Sunday you might run into my brother in law and sister in law, embarking Dawn Princess, he is blind with a white cane and she is real short.

Taking care of the pax luggage is an important job, don't break the vino !!!!

Edited by NSWP

Yes, Graham IS a nice fella.:)

We just looked for some-one with Graham on his name badge, then realised we have cruised with him.:eek:

Would like to cruise with you too, Mic.

Have we? Which cruise was that?? ......and what's with the :eek:Eek emoticon?:D

You're just foolin with me again, aren't ya, Graham?

Rhapsody-Sydney to Hawaii, April/May 2011.

OMG. Was that you???? :D:D

When is your next cruise...I presume it will be on the Rhapsody.... Again:)

we need to chat. See you then.

Yes you can call me Mic.

It makes sense that you work for the cruise company rather than the OPT.

It must be both sweet and sour feeling, checking in and then seeing so many people heading off on their cruises and you staying behind for all but a few of them.:D

Yes you can call me Mic.

It makes sense that you work for the cruise company rather than the OPT.

It must be both sweet and sour feeling, checking in and then seeing so many people heading off on their cruises and you staying behind for all but a few of them.:D

Mic, We are not actually employed by the cruise lines , I work for what is called a portside services company( s) who provide all the check in,embark/ debark staff for their turnarounds. The OPT and White Bay just happen to be where the ships berth.

It is a bit frustrating watching everybody getting on board to sail away while I catch the bus home every day and I can guarantee there will be at least one person per turnaround who will ask...So do you come on the ship with us? NO :eek: But that's OK, I get to see another side of the industry not a lot of people see.:D very interesting and oh boy...some of those guests:D

Edited by gbenjo

Looking forward to boarding on Sunday for our 20 night cruise to PNG, Solomon Islands, Vanuatu and Noumea. Only 3 more sleeps.:)

Just wondering any problems with your cruise because of the Volcano eruption in Rabaul?

Just wondering any problems with your cruise because of the Volcano eruption in Rabaul?

That could be an incentive to go there.:confused:

(Dependant entirely of course on the intensity of the eruption.)

I have read that visiting ships have seen eruptions before and it is common for the ship to be hosed down after a visit , to wash the ash off the decks.

I would imagine the Captain and Princess will monitor the situation closely.

The volcano erupts quite often.

We are scheduled to arrive on the 9th September. No word from Princess at this stage. I guess they will make a call closer to arriving.

The ABC has a article with photo's of the eruption, see: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-29/papua-new-guineas-mount-tavurvur-volcano-erupts-back-to-life/5705032

We have booked a tour which includes visiting Mount Tavurvur. Interesting to see what might eventuate.:rolleyes:

We are scheduled to arrive on the 9th September. No word from Princess at this stage. I guess they will make a call closer to arriving.

The ABC has a article with photo's of the eruption, see: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-08-29/papua-new-guineas-mount-tavurvur-volcano-erupts-back-to-life/5705032

We have booked a tour which includes visiting Mount Tavurvur. Interesting to see what might eventuate.:rolleyes:

They might add a toasting marshmallows tour:D