The Dawn 2016

ESCARGO

Probably - on my recent Dawn repo cruise it was announced that the Dawn would be in dry dock sometime in 2016 at which time Moderno would be moved to where the Star Bar is currently and that the space of Moderno and the Blue lagoon would have a new restaurant.

Hope this helps

Cheers!

Dennis

Good to know about the dry dock schedule. It will in there during the week I have been booking the last couple years. A early Sept. 2016 cruise may take its place.

That is if that is what will going on.

Edited by NH Cruisers

The Dawn could use a good sprucing up. Dry Dock will be a good thing for her.

Yes, she wasn't in tip top shape when I was on her in November. Missing elevator buttons, shower doors off their tracks, and stained and worn carpeting. I was thinking about another repo for 2016, but NCL pricing is outrageous with their current promo!

Was thinking about Dawn drydock this a.m. If those dates are correct that seems like a fairly long one.

No, not really. The closest place for a dry dock would be the Bahamas. So you have a day or two from New Orleans to Freeport, then 3 weeks for repairs, updates, the new Moderno, and complete hull painting. Then a couple of days up to Boston.

No, not really. The closest place for a dry dock would be the Bahamas. So you have a day or two from New Orleans to Freeport, then 3 weeks for repairs, updates, the new Moderno, and complete hull painting. Then a couple of days up to Boston.

Boston has a dry dock too !

I have seen both NCL Gem and NCL Dream in it .

I thought about them doing the dry dock in Boston, but there was no repo from Nola to Boston. I doubt NCL would send the ship up to Boston empty for a dry dock.

The Dawn 2016 fall repo.... Boston to NOLA is 10/28/16 to 11/11/16. Our PCC had the information but it is not yet listed on the NCL website. Pricing was a little high but with the added amenities not too bad. A refreshed Dawn after dry dock would be an added incentive.

The Dawn 2016 fall repo.... Boston to NOLA is 10/28/16 to 11/11/16. Our PCC had the information but it is not yet listed on the NCL website. Pricing was a little high but with the added amenities not too bad. A refreshed Dawn after dry dock would be an added incentive.

Hi Pat & Mike! The pricing on the 2016 repo is higher than what we paid for last month's cruise. The price for an OV for 2016 is what I paid for a balcony last cruise. Yes, a refurbished Dawn would be an incentive to consider it again. I also asked "our PCC" about pricing for the Gem out of NY in Oct.'16.....WOW! That was a shocker! Over $4200 for an OV for that B2B. Happy Holidays from a chilly NYC! Ted.

Hi Ted,

We love the repos starting or ending in NOLA. Often small price breaks show up closer to sail date. We has so much fun in November it would be nice to do a repeat.

Stay warm, sunny and 70's in SO CA....Pat

I booked the repo last week, and when you think of it as 14 days, it's not a bad price. I may shift my booking to a TA when it's posted everywhere. Just made it on the NCL site the other day, so hopefully it will be posted elsewhere too. I just never know how to.find a TA. Please PM me if you know a good one. As for the restock, I heard this too, and I hope they put the Irish Pub in. Blue Lagoon is not fabulous.

I booked the repo last week, and when you think of it as 14 days, it's not a bad price. I may shift my booking to a TA when it's posted everywhere. Just made it on the NCL site the other day, so hopefully it will be posted elsewhere too. I just never know how to.find a TA. Please PM me if you know a good one. As for the drydock, I heard this too, and I hope they put the Irish Pub in. Blue Lagoon is not fabulous.

You may be right on target. Them dates from may into june drydock posted earlier in the thread, the DAWN will be here in Boston to start its Bermuda run anyway. I saw the Dream in drydock in Boston from the Explorer of the Seas in Nov. 2007.

Hi Ted,

We love the repos starting or ending in NOLA. Often small price breaks show up closer to sail date. We has so much fun in November it would be nice to do a repeat.

Stay warm, sunny and 70's in SO CA....Pat

Hi Pat! I also love having a mini vacation in NOLA after a cruise! After last month's cruise, I stayed in the French Quarter for 4 days and had my fill of oysters. I think I'm going to wait for another promo for the 2016 repo. Do you think any other "cuzins" will be interested in doing this one again?

I'm not sure they would undertake such a large modification to the ship in Boston. After the last time NCL sent two ships to Boston back-to-back and the crane collapse stalling the first causing a cascade to the second dry-dock. So many people were delayed on both sailings I doubt NCL would consider the Boston dry dock again. The Jewel came in first and just at the end of her dry dock, a crane tipped over while taking a load from the pool deck. It didn't hit the ship but caused an investigation and delayed the ship. She arrived late to NYC and the Gem was late going in causing her to run late as well. :(

Boston's dry dock primarily specializes in repairing and taking care of military ships and very small cargo vessels.

I thought about them doing the dry dock in Boston, but there was no repo from Nola to Boston. I doubt NCL would send the ship up to Boston empty for a dry dock.

I agree with you. There would be a repo cruise up to Boston if she was dry docking here. Chances are she's going to Freeport or to Mobile, Alabama. They have a dry dock in Mobile which NCL has used before as well. If they were going to use Mobile I would think they would have offered a repo cruise from Tampa up to Boston with a stop in a few foreign ports rather than having her dead head up to Boston.

It is a great itinerary, they added Bonaire. We are always ready for a group cruise or any cruise for that matter. NCL does a good job with the entertainment schedule on longer cruises.

I also checked prices for the fall 2016 Panama Canal repo on the Pearl and it is almost twice the cost of the Dawn repo.

Maybe after the holidays the cuzins will start planning for 2016. Now that the 2016/2017 itineraries have been released everyone can check their schedules. Always exciting going cruise shopping and more fun than Christmas shopping, especially on the Saturday before Christmas.

Maybe after the holidays the cuzins will start planning for 2016. Now that the 2016/2017 itineraries have been released everyone can check their schedules. Always exciting going cruise shopping and more fun than Christmas shopping, especially on the Saturday before Christmas.

If you can't wait for 2016, some of the cuzins are going on the Jewel to Alaska in September. Come and join us!

When I was on the Dawn in July the CD said that 2015 was the Dawns last run in Boston , but not to worry that there would be a new ship there. So it looks like some ship is coming here soon. I was thinking maybe the Gem

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When I was on the Dawn in July the CD said that 2015 was the Dawns last run in Boston , but not to worry that there would be a new ship there. So it looks like some ship is coming here soon. I was thinking maybe the Gem

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It will be the Dawn until October 2016. The Gem is moving to Puerto Rico. They may be leaving NYC with just The Breakaway with the huge RCCL ship in Jersey. Anyway, no Gem for Boston until AFTER 2017 at least.

• 1 month later...