Aft facing cabins on Celebrity Reflection

coscab

We are planning on booking a cruise on the Reflection, it looks like the bed is near the balcony in the SV category and that the bed is near the bath in the concierge category, anyone know if that is correct, I am looking at cabin 8346 but would like a higher floor if the bed is near the balcony in the concierge category, we are only interested in aft facing.

Thanks in advance for any help, this is our first experience with Celebrity.:D

I think I might have answered one of my own question, I found some pictures of an SV and it looks like the bed is not near the balcony,:confused: does anyone know if any of the aft facing cabins (besides the suites) have the bed next to the balcony.

We are planning on booking a cruise on the Reflection, it looks like the bed is near the balcony in the SV category and that the bed is near the bath in the concierge category, anyone know if that is correct, I am looking at cabin 8346 but would like a higher floor if the bed is near the balcony in the concierge category, we are only interested in aft facing.

Sorry but your speculation is incorrect... All veranda cabins on Celebrity's Solstice Class ships--standard, Concierge Class, and AquaClass [including those on the aft and regardless of deck; Celebrity Solstice is the only Solstice Class ship to offer a handful of aft AquaClass balconies]--feature alternating bed positions... That is to say that a stateroom known to have the bed by the veranda will be flanked on both sides--if also non-suite veranda cabins--by staterooms that feature the bed by the bath [ie; count up or down by two to to determine the next most proximate stateroom with the same bed position]...

Though not every cabin is covered for every ship, the following link to a "sticky" thread on this forum should be helpful in your search... Go to the first post on the first page and click on the link to to the attached "Google Spreadsheet" to facilitate your search...

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=911018

I enjoy aft views but be aware that it can be a long walk on Solstice Class ships from the aft staterooms to the nearest [midships] elevator bank... I can certainly use the exercise but I found them inconvenient if I found that I forgot something like a tour ticket or my sunglasses when pressed for time...

Welcome to Celebrity... All of the Solstice Class ships--including Reflection--are terrific!

X port- thanks so much for your help, I tried using that spreadsheet before posting my question but I was unable to find an answer, I am going to try again. I know it is usually a hike on the larger ships from the aft to most venues, but usually worth it, we love the sound of the wake.

We haven’t been in an aft cabin in over 20 years. I was wondering if you felt the motors like you used to in 1987? I went on a ship and was in an inside cabin but towards the aft of the ship...I really felt the motors and haven’t booked anything like that again. We know ships have really evolved since then so I figured I’d ask. Thank you for your comments

We haven’t been in an aft cabin in over 20 years. I was wondering if you felt the motors like you used to in 1987? I went on a ship and was in an inside cabin but towards the aft of the ship...I really felt the motors and haven’t booked anything like that again. We know ships have really evolved since then so I figured I’d ask. Thank you for your comments

The Azapods make all the difference in the world when thrusting away from the dock.

The Azapods make all the difference in the world when thrusting away from the dock.

That is great to hear! I’m assuming that you don’t feel them while you’re sailing to your destination either, right? Are there any other downfalls to the aft cabins? I noticed on a cruise I was recently on that if you stood on the level of the buffet, you could look down into some of the balconies. Is that on every ship?

We have never stayed in the aft rooms but the view must be really nice. I keep hearing problems with diesel smells or soot is that a real issue or should we ignore the talk.

We always stay in aft facing cabins unless we get a good deal on a forward facing suite, we have never encountered any smells or soot but it sounds like we will on the Reflection but I am sure it will be worth it.

I am getting desperate to somehow find out which aft facing (SV) cabins on deck 8 on Reflection have the bed by the balcony, if anyone reading this has stayed in any SV on deck 8 please post if bed was by the bath or the balcony, if cabins next to each other have the reverse set up I will be able to figure it out, I have been trying everything for 2 days, have found actual pictures but they don't say what cabin #:(

We are aft lovers and rarely book anything else.

We loved our SV on the Reflection (8348)! Be aware that not all solstice class cabins are numbered the same, so when you are looking at photos the numbering may not correspond. (The photo of Eclipse above does not)

For instance - as you look at the aft, 8348 on the Refelction is the fourth cabin from the right. The balconies differ in size noticeably. Those fourth from the right are quite a bit wider, as you can see in the Eclipse above (8344).

But to answer your question - our bed was next to the balcony (which we love)! I can recall having a bit of soot, but nothing bothersome. We keep a couple of pool towels in the room for the chairs and swap them out as needed.

We are aft lovers and rarely book anything else.

We loved our SV on the Reflection (8348)! Be aware that not all solstice class cabins are numbered the same, so when you are looking at photos the numbering may not correspond. (The photo of Eclipse above does not)

For instance - as you look at the aft, 8348 on the Refelction is the fourth cabin from the right. The balconies differ in size noticeably. Those fourth from the right are quite a bit wider, as you can see in the Eclipse above (8344).

But to answer your question - our bed was next to the balcony (which we love)! I can recall having a bit of soot, but nothing bothersome. We keep a couple of pool towels in the room for the chairs and swap them out as needed.

Thanks so much, that really helps, if I understand correctly the cabins on either side of 8348 would have the bed by the bath and the ones next to those would have the bed by the balcony, I wish 8348 was available so I could be sure, but it isn't:(

We are considering 2 different dates, one date has 8344, 49, 51 and 53 available, the other only has 8346 and 8349 available.

Looks like 8344,49,and 53 might have bed by balcony, it also looks like the cabins with the sofa bed have bed by the bath, seems like I am making a big deal over something trivial but I am a light sleeper and leave the balcony door open so I only hear the ocean, I hope I am right with my assumptions as I am getting ready to make a decision and pay the deposit.

Thanks so much, that really helps, if I understand correctly the cabins on either side of 8348 would have the bed by the bath and the ones next to those would have the bed by the balcony, I wish 8348 was available so I could be sure, but it isn't:(

We are considering 2 different dates, one date has 8344, 49, 51 and 53 available, the other only has 8346 and 8349 available.

Looks like 8344,49,and 53 might have bed by balcony, it also looks like the cabins with the sofa bed have bed by the bath, seems like I am making a big deal over something trivial but I am a light sleeper and leave the balcony door open so I only hear the ocean, I hope I am right with my assumptions as I am getting ready to make a decision and pay the deposit.

I understand - I am so fussy about cabin/bed placement/balcony size.....

If you have not made use of this thread yet, it may be helpful (just make sure the cabin number corresponds to the correct ship).

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=117207629

I understand - I am so fussy about cabin/bed placement/balcony size.....

If you have not made use of this thread yet, it may be helpful (just make sure the cabin number corresponds to the correct ship).

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=117207629

Thanks, I booked 8349, I hope I chose the right one.:eek:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks in advance for any help, this is our first experience with Celebrity.:D

I just got off the Equinox and had a concierge class aft cabin on deck 10 Library deck (always book this deck) it is a quiet deck......we had cabin 1409 aft it was a great balcony but unlike other balconies there is no over head cover....it is sun , sun , sun all the time..it was actually to hot to use during the day.. it was nice at sunset though. All the decks are staggered so everyone above sees your hole deck....(no hanky panky..) just sayin

• 4 years later...
  • 7 months later...
On 11/3/2017 at 9:36 PM, ChucktownSteve said:

We were in an SV aft on the Eclipse this past January. The cabin was 6312. The bed was next to the balcony and the couch was near the closet.

It had a wider balcony than the other aft balconies.

Hi.  So that cabin is open on the cruise we're looking at. . . why was the balcony wider. . . is this ADA cabin?  I notice ones above are also wider.  Just wondering why before we book!   

Thanks in advance. 

Not sure why but there does appear to be wider cabins right down the middle in the aft section.

We're booked on Reflection next year and in 8348 which when I researched and then checked drone footage etc. looks wider. I'm sure it won't make a huge difference but nice to have a little extra balcony space.

On 5/23/2023 at 4:16 PM, lizinindy said:

Only the balcony is wider, not the cabin. It's because there is a cabin steward closet that ends before the balcony.

Oh does that mean we'll be hearing the door open and close while the steward is in that closet early in the morning? 

Also, these are all connecting cabins; hopefully it's quiet.  We had connecting cabin on Beyond in Feb and heard nothing from next door.   

On 11/3/2017 at 9:36 PM, ChucktownSteve said:

We were in an SV aft on the Eclipse this past January. The cabin was 6312. The bed was next to the balcony and the couch was near the closet.

It had a wider balcony than the other aft balconies.

enhance

We were in 9376 on the Reflection in July 2022.  Concierge class.  As I recall, the bed was next to the balcony.