Labadee and snorkeling

mrssixty

We are a family of 7 booked on the Harmony in June. It is our first time at Labadee and I was wondering about the snorkeling there. We visited Coco Cay a few years ago and we were able to swim out to snorkel and were really pleased. I have read through these posts on Labadee and have not seen any mention of snorkeling. We were hoping to have the same kind of day here. Any one have any experience or input on the snorkeling at Labadee?

Thanks!

No other way to put it...snorkeling sucks at Labadee. I've snorkeled all around the Caribbean and Labadee is the only place I'll never snorkel again. I swam way away from the beach thinking it would get better (which it does in many places). All I ran into that far out was trash floating in the water.

It's a great beach day for sunning and swimming. Just not for snorkeling.

The locals have over fished the waters surrounding the beach as there primary source of food.

You may see a rare eel, or small fish, but nothing big.

If on Barefoot beach and you swim out to the red marker buoy you will see a sunken prop plane used to form a man made reef for some sea life.

Over the years the rope has been moved in to the beach and you are not able to get a close look at it.

The area past the rope is used for paddle boarders and kayaks.

Enjoy Labadee

We do.

Thanks for the heads up for snorkeling on Labadee. It is really disappointing. I guess we check out excursions on Cozumel that offer snorkeling. Any suggestions?

I'm sure my toes in the sand and a drink in my hand will be just fine!

Thanks for the heads up for snorkeling on Labadee. It is really disappointing. I guess we check out excursions on Cozumel that offer snorkeling. Any suggestions?

I'm sure my toes in the sand and a drink in my hand will be just fine!

No excursion needed. We take a taxi to the Money Bar in Cozumel. Steps lead into the water and plenty of fish. If you're a good swimmer you can swim out a little ways to where the snorkel boats go.

Here's their menu:

http://www.debsdays.com/2017/12/money-bar-cozumel.html

We took a ship’s snorkeling excursion and it did indeed “suck”. We saw a giant anchor that someone probably planted there and that’s it. The boat ride was fun though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
No excursion needed. We take a taxi to the Money Bar in Cozumel. Steps lead into the water and plenty of fish. If you're a good swimmer you can swim out a little ways to where the snorkel boats go.

Here's their menu:

http://www.debsdays.com/2017/12/money-bar-cozumel.html

I second Money Bar in Cozumel for an easy snorkeling day. You can also do a boat excursion there with Tiger, if you want.

I had a lounge chair in the shade and also an umbrella table for eating lunch -- no charge other than the cost of the meal/drinks.

Great food, too -- nachos were HUGE!