Upgrade Alaska June 30 Princess Ruby

dkitty

I am hoping for an upgrade for Alaska on the Ruby leaving June 30, anyone receive an upgrade?

Not sure what type of room you have, but chance look slim as the ship is almost sold out. If you have an inside, I think there are only 2 or 3 outsides left.

Not sure what type of room you have, but chance look slim as the ship is almost sold out. If you have an inside, I think there are only 2 or 3 outsides left.

I have an OV booked , Keeping my fingers crossed for an up sell to an balcony ! A girl can always hope ........

LOL , I started the roll call, it is not very active , maybe when it gets closer to sail time

The problem with roll call threads for Alaska is there are usually a lot of first timers on the Alaska cruises so they don't even know that Cruise Critic exists. Our first cruise was 10 days round trip to Alaska from San Francisco. I didn't find out about Cruse Critic until after that cruise. The second time we cruised Alaska there were so many blue cards that they combined the Platinum/Elite get together with the Most Traveled Passenger affair. Probably the only time we will ever be part of that gathering. :p

The problem with roll call threads for Alaska is there are usually a lot of first timers on the Alaska cruises so they don't even know that Cruise Critic exists. . :p

I did Alaska last month and there were 800 elites. They moved the elite/platinum happy hour to club fusion since there were so many elites and Platinum. Hard to know how many of any loyalty tier there will be.

June 16th Ruby thread only has 88 posts and a third might be mine. Can you spell sssloooooooooowwwww!!!

We did Alaska for the second time last year. The roll call was really slow. I think there are some reasons behind it. First, I think there are lots of multigenerational families on Alaskan itineraries and they’re not looking to connect with others. They want to enjoy being together. The second, is that private shore excursions aren’t a lot cheaper than Princess and you can do a lot on your own so nobody organizes them. I saw that people were on the “Port of Call”boards looking for hotels and transportation in Seattle.Third, as you said many first time cruisers who don’t know about CC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

June 16th Ruby thread only has 88 posts and a third might be mine. Can you spell sssloooooooooowwwww!!!

Don’t feel bad...our June 9th Ruby thread has only 58 posts. I just assumed most are families and also it’s American ports so they don’t feel the need of connecting.

Don’t feel bad...our June 9th Ruby thread has only 58 posts. I just assumed most are families and also it’s American ports so they don’t feel the need of connecting.

About 3 or 4 of those are also mine.

You are right about doing it on your own. Experienced cruisers have either seen it or are doing exotics. I tried to find a float plane to go out to Mist Fjord and they were either a lot more, or locked up by the cruise company.

In Skagway we are doing the show and the train on our own. How would you put that together on CC.

I did Alaska last month and there were 800 elites. They moved the elite/platinum happy hour to club fusion since there were so many elites and Platinum. Hard to know how many of any loyalty tier there will be.

Was that the cruise from LA?

On our Ruby RT Seattle May12-19th...there were 63 elite, 2 platinum..I laughed so hard on that one I did not even hear the rest according to gossip over 2/3rds first timers, 3300 aboard. Most cruised pax 1000+ but then 2 & 3 were 3 & 4 hundred. I think the captain's party invited everyone Gold and above as my son received an invite. I was invited to the most traveled + a guest.

The "40" cocktail party was held in Adagio with around 50 attending. Captain Paolo Arrigo was very personable, I had not sailed with him before.

Edited by land lover