Snail speed internet

morman11

Speed depends on where the ship is in relation to the satellites. They are not going to be consistently fast or slow. Weather, position, etc. affect it.

Try cracking open the door to your cabin. The cabin doors are metal and can block the WiFi signal. Avoid going to websites that are graphic-heavy. Avoid using the Internet during high peak periods.

I’ve found that using Chrome on my iPhone is much faster and more stable than Safari. Have no idea why.

Using the Internet on the Ruby recently brought back to my mind memories of the pre-DSL days, I think we were using 1200 baud in those days?

Incredibly slow! And I was using the Internet Center, hoping that that had the best speed.

I was on board Regal Jan 7-14 2018. Internet speed was very fast and supported HD video streaming every time I tried. Speed tests were 30-50 mbps (both down and up) with 200 ms latency. That's quite impressive. Similar results on Princess Cays.

There are a lot of things that could make the service seem slow to an individual user. For example, I noticed that using the tapatalk app to read forums was unreasonably slow for some reason. Overall, though, I was quite impressed.

We loved the unlimited internet for Platinum and Elite. When unlimited, there are no worries about logging out. And it's easy to keep in touch with fellow cruisers using your familiar email accounts. Reminds me of the good old days of unlimited internet as a platinum perk. I feared that was gone forever.

Really? I did not know the internet allocation had changed.
I don't know if it's changed on any ship other than Regal. But it was definitely unlimited last week on Regal. Unfortunately, I haven't seen any written promises that it will continue to be so.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I had blistering fast internet on the Regal 1/7 - 1/14 last week. You may have a bad router in your room or something not right with the local setup. They are still working on the system and it is not fully complete from what my understanding is.

My cabin had a new router behind the TV on the wall. I had full bars showing on my laptop for receiving signal strength.

framer

Speed depends on where the ship is in relation to the satellites. They are not going to be consistently fast or slow. Weather, position, etc. affect it.

Try cracking open the door to your cabin. The cabin doors are metal and can block the WiFi signal. Avoid going to websites that are graphic-heavy. Avoid using the Internet during high peak periods.

I’ve found that using Chrome on my iPhone is much faster and more stable than Safari. Have no idea why.

Same here.....:):):)

Bob