Excursion Feedback: Our Game Plan

Lrorogers

Hello!

My husband and I will be travelling to FP and experiencing the PG cruise on July 18 for ten nights for our 10th Anniversary...We are very excited! :)

We love to snorkel and are just finalizing our excursions during the cruise. I welcome your reflections/feedback:

Huahine - Marc’s Motu Picnic (- is this a great excursion? It runs from 8:45 am-3 pm and indicates two stops for snorkeling. OR Should we get somewhere on the island and snorkel from a beach and not be on a long tour?

Bora Bora:

- Day 1: Pure Snorkeling on the first morning we arrive; we signed up with fellow PG guests

- Day 2: Possibly Tohora Bora Bora snorkeling tour or just head to the PG motu on BB and snorkel from/enjoy the beach?

Rangiroa - PG Snorkeling Rangiroa’s Aquarium - PG tour (we have a $700 OBC to use, so will be booking two excursions via the cruise and use the balance on the laundry package and internet access).

Fakarava - the snorkeling tour with Ato Lissant - Fakarava Excursions - Blue Lagoon...signed up with fellow PG guests.

Taha’a - Motu Mahana - just enjoy PG activities and the private motu - no excursions

Moorea:

- Day 1: Moorea Activities Centre - Combo Jet Ski/ATV tour on first day (5.5 hour tour) ..I have read that Moorea is great to see by land and the Jet Ski is a fun way to also see the island from the water while also getting the opportunity to snorkel.

-Day 2: Dr. Poole’s Dolphin/Whale Discovery morning Excursion booked via PG with the OBC we have.

I have read reviews on all of the aforementioned companies/tours except the PG Snorkeling excursion on Rangiroa. In fact, many of the trip reports/threads on this forum (thank you Dana, TBK, and Laura!) have been super helpful in our planning.

This is our first time in this beautiful area....we want to experience the beauty of the islands but at the same time, enjoy the offerings of the cruise as well.

Have we potentially planned too much? Which tours are “musts” and worthwhile? Anything else we should consider/switch/remove?

Thank you in advance for your reflections!

Sincerely,

Lisa :)

p.s. I have also posted on a FB group for French Polynesia to receive as much helpful feedback as possible, so I apologize if you are in that group and see my post on both sites. :)

Hi Lisa~

Well, I will be of zero help to you as I have no input on your shore excursions except to say that my husband and I will be on the same cruise (40th wedding anniversary in August) and I am just beginning to book our shore excursions! So, hello! :-) I am interested in the Pure Snorkeling as well. Did you find the other PG snorklers through roll call? Or some other way? I am just beginning to use Cruise Critic too! See you on board! :-)

Tina

Hi Lisa~

Well, I will be of zero help to you as I have no input on your shore excursions except to say that my husband and I will be on the same cruise (40th wedding anniversary in August) and I am just beginning to book our shore excursions! So, hello! :-) I am interested in the Pure Snorkeling as well. Did you find the other PG snorklers through roll call? Or some other way? I am just beginning to use Cruise Critic too! See you on board! :-)

Tina

Hi Tina!

Wonderful that you and your husband are on the July 18 cruise as well!

There is a roll call for our cruise. I have connected with one other couple (Flight Medic-Eric and his wife) that is joining us on the Pure Snorkeling tour on our first day on Bora Bora (July 20).

If you send me your email, I can forward you the information I have on Pure Snorkeling and you can book on the same morning if you wish....we will then have a group of 6 from the cruise, and ensure that we will have our own smaller group on the same tour boat. Or, you can contact Pure Snorkeling directly yourself via their website, mention us (the two couples from PG that have already signed up), and ask to be in the same group. The fellow that I booked with is named Patrick.

Let me know, and we look forward to meeting you!

:] Lisa

P.s. Tina, here is the link to the roll call for our PG sail on July 18:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2532054

Edited by Lrorogers
Added information.

Hi Lisa!

I contacted Pure Snorkeling and hope to join in on that snorkel on the 20th. That is such a coincidence that you booked that one because I was looking at it last night and wrote it down to explore further! :):):):)

Thanks for the link to the roll call group. I replied there as well!

I will continue to look over what you have booked and begin my research too! My goal is to get everything booked by the end of the month.

:-)

Tina

I can't comment on most of your snorkeling trips because I haven't done them.

But I will say that you might want to think about spending at least a half day or more on land seeing something of the islands and their culture? Because it is an amazing culture.

Just a suggestion, not a criticism. Whatever you do you'll have a wonderful time.

Here's a question....on the second day in Bora Bora, is the Lagoon Excursion with Maohi Nui that PG offers the same as what we will be doing with Pure Snorkeling? I wouldn't want to do the same excursion two days in a row....

I can't comment on most of your snorkeling trips because I haven't done them.

But I will say that you might want to think about spending at least a half day or more on land seeing something of the islands and their culture? Because it is an amazing culture.

Just a suggestion, not a criticism. Whatever you do you'll have a wonderful time.

Hi Wendy,

I do agree about wanting to be introduced to the culture and the topography of the islands.

DH and I will be on the island of Tahiti for 3 days before the cruise and we are planning to rent a car and tour the island. We will also see Moorea on an ATV for half a day. Then there are the Gauguins on board that we look forward to meeting and learning about Polynesian culture and history from as well.

I hope this gives us a good first introduction to an area of the world that we hope to return to.

Thanks for the well wishes!

:) Lisa

Here's a question....on the second day in Bora Bora, is the Lagoon Excursion with Maohi Nui that PG offers the same as what we will be doing with Pure Snorkeling? I wouldn't want to do the same excursion two days in a row....

Hi Tina,

I agree, I think that we are leaning towards going to the PG private Motu on Bora Bora for that second day and enjoying the beach (and potential Snorkeling from the Motu). Nevertheless, we do love to snorkel so may look at other non PG snorkelling tours...not 100% sure.

Also, what time are you doing the Rangiroa's Aquarium? I think that is our choice as well. And we might as well go with you two!

Hi Tina,

Sure! We are doing the 1:00 pm Rangiroa’s Aquarium snorkel tour with PG.

:) Lisa