Best Snorkeling Excursion

KnoxRunner

Hello everyone, my DW and our two daughters (12 &14) will be in Cozumel on the MSC Seaside next month and I would like to get some ideas about the best snorkeling place/company. I have read that El Cielo is a good place to go but I am not sure if there are others.

Please let me know any advice you have on places and companies. Thanks in advance for any help!!

Will

For beach/shore snorkeling try the Money Bar or Sky Reef or Corona Beach. All are a taxi ride away from ship piers. But all are smaller beaches.

For offshore snorkeling there are several good companies. Fury Catamaran, Eagle Ray Divers and CozH2O are all good vendors who book smaller groups or carry fewer snorkelers than ship excursions.

We've stopped at Money Bar for an hour or two of snorkeling from the shore, followed by drinks/snacks and a taxi to Nachi or Paradise Beach for the rest of the day. Several years ago we used Eagle Ray and were happy.

Mitsugirly has a photo intensive review of the Money Bar linked in her signature. ABQ Robin has also posted several good photos from her visits to Money Bar - use the search function (upper right side of the board). Good luck! ;)

We've stopped at Money Bar for an hour or two of snorkeling from the shore, followed by drinks/snacks and a taxi to Nachi or Paradise Beach for the rest of the day. Several years ago we used Eagle Ray and were happy.

Mitsugirly has a photo intensive review of the Money Bar linked in her signature. ABQ Robin has also posted several good photos from her visits to Money Bar - use the search function (upper right side of the board). Good luck! ;)

And I've got menu pics here: http://www.debsdays.com/2017/12/money-bar-cozumel.html

It totally depends on how serious you are about snorkeling. If you are an avid snorkeler, and want to see coral reefs, you need to do it by boat at Cozumel. The coral is not growing close to shore due to the wave action, hurricanes, etc. The incredible reefs are farther off shore, and deeper than at many destinations (Belize and Roatan have coral right up to surface of water).

But if you are just a casual snorkeler, you can do it from shore at Money Bar or at Chankanaab park. Both places have some objects placed in the water to encourage fish to hang out, a little coral and sponge growth.

There are also a couple of excursions that take you snorkeling...

Cozumel is one of the top scuba diving destinations in the world because of the incredible reefs and fishlife. Snorkeling - not so much.

robin