Ricky Ricardo Tours

lakeguy

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a Panama Canal Cruise, and used Ricky Ricardo Tour in Puntarenas--and were delighted to have Ricky as our guide. The tour was fantastic! There were 9 of us with 6 wanting to zipline. We were able to ride to the tour together with the larger group stopping for ziplining and the smaller group doing an eco-jungle crocodile tour. The zipliners loved it--and those of us on the jugle cruise were very impressed! We saw numerous crocodiles, monkeys, and scarlet macaws. After we all got back together, Ricky made several stops for us; we purchased Costa Rican coffee at an incredible price and walked through an arts and crafts area. We stopped at a small restaurant and had a yummy lunch. The tour was excellent at an incredible price. Very enjoyable. If we ever return, we will certainly book with Ricky again!

• 1 year later...
We just returned from a Panama Canal Cruise, and used Ricky Ricardo Tour in Puntarenas--and were delighted to have Ricky as our guide. The tour was fantastic! There were 9 of us with 6 wanting to zipline. We were able to ride to the tour together with the larger group stopping for ziplining and the smaller group doing an eco-jungle crocodile tour. The zipliners loved it--and those of us on the jugle cruise were very impressed! We saw numerous crocodiles, monkeys, and scarlet macaws. After we all got back together, Ricky made several stops for us; we purchased Costa Rican coffee at an incredible price and walked through an arts and crafts area. We stopped at a small restaurant and had a yummy lunch. The tour was excellent at an incredible price. Very enjoyable. If we ever return, we will certainly book with Ricky again!

Hi

I have just returned from a Celebrity Panama Canal cruise and have been posting a review. The Ricky Ricardo portion can be seen in Part 2. We recommend Ricky.

See http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1787067

Tom:)

Edited by Tom47
typo, info

• 1 month later...

We have just returned from two cruises, where we used Ricky Ricardo Tours each time whilst we were in Costa Rica. Fantastic tour guide. We had amazing tours each time. I can highly recommend Ricky to anyone who needs a guide in this port. He speaks very fluent English, has a terrific personality, & puts together a great day of touring, taking in heaps of interesting places & activities. Very well done, Ricky!!!:):)

We have just returned from two cruises, where we used Ricky Ricardo Tours each time whilst we were in Costa Rica. Fantastic tour guide. We had amazing tours each time. I can highly recommend Ricky to anyone who needs a guide in this port. He speaks very fluent English, has a terrific personality, & puts together a great day of touring, taking in heaps of interesting places & activities. Very well done, Ricky!!!:):)

Sorry Ricky!! The wrong icon came up on the heading??? Should have been :)

• 1 month later...

After seeing people are looking for dependable Tour Operators...we want to totally recommend Ricky Ricardo rickyricardotours@yahoo.com for a great day. Our ship came into Puntarenas where we found our happy guide, and driver. Did and saw so much...croc tour, native plant exhibit, fish lunch at ocean restaurant, shopping, all w appropriate restroom breaks. Had a great day.

• 1 year later...

We also had a great tour with Ricky. We saw the capuchin monks up close as Ricky whistled them out of the tree and fed them bananas. Also went on an aerial tram tour and a delicious fresh sea bass lunch. His last top was to take us to grocery store for the best price on Costa rica. We highly recommend him

• 4 weeks later...

Our experience seems to be totally different from others!

Our group of 12 (a full van) had previously arranged with Ricky for our Nov. 2014 visit to do:

The Seven on One Tour

We also bring you the exclusive 7 on 1 Tour, which includes seven different attractions in one single package. A single tour to attractions distributed in various places:

• The Monkey Tour.

• Picture Viewpoints - NOT done!

• Natural Herbal de Plants Tour - could hardly call this a tour!

• River Cruise Tour.

• Tour to see the local Wood workers do craftworks - NOT done!

• Visit to the Caletas Viewpoint - NOT done!

• Short city Tour in Puntarenas - NOT done!

- On this tour you can see macaw birds, monkeys, parrots - price is negotiable - only if you do, you get half + the whole tram ride removed from your tour!

Pacific Aerial Tram Tours

Pacific Aerial tram tour offers the visitor various travel through farms, this areas are homes for a large selection of Diurnal insects, typically known as butterfly, beautiful color plants of the orchid family and large herbivorous tropical American arboreal lizards or Iguanas.

The open-air rain forest tram with canvas awnings seat 8 passengers plus a naturalist guide. The place is home to an enormous amount of flora and fauna. Eager to find light and space, many plants have colonized the treetops, turning them into small, independently functioning ecosystems. In the forest you can see the thick vegetation of the Cloud Forest and wild life of monkeys, parrots, macaws and others species, price is negotiable - NOT!

So this was to be the second part of our "Day with Ricky". When we arrived at TURU BA RI for Zip lining, something we had told him more than once that our group of 12 were NOT interested in doing, there were aerial closed in buckets like at ski lifts - nothing at all like the open air tram that we had signed up for. First he told us the tram was broken and so THEY had substituted this. THEN he told us because we had negotiated our price, this was all we could afford. THEN he told us because the 2 girls in one of the vans wanted to zip line, all 3 vans had to go here. Since we had previously spent time in Costa Rica, had 30 "typical meals" and done most of the other things being offered, including the crocodile boat trip, the aerial tram was really all we were interested in. He asked for our money at the first stop - something we never should have done because when the tram was cancelled he refused to give most back! Then he never did half of the other 7 things because he said we spent too much time at the zip line (like 2 hours of doing NOTHING!). So I for one can truthfully say Ricky ruined my day in Costa Rica and I personally would never believe another word out of his mouth or recommend him to anyone!

Edited by Missie6

We returned from the Equinox on Friday. A large group... at least 3 van-fulls would agree that Ricky Ricardo's tours on the Caribbean coast from Puerto Limon were terrific. Great guides and promises fulfilled........a much longer thread will develop this week I'm sure, with a huge warning about imposters picking up Ricky's pre-booked tours. Unbelievable hoaxes and quite a story so be VERY aware...follow Ricky's directions in his confirmation email and make sure you are shown a list with YOUR NAME ON IT to prove the van is actually part of the tour you booked.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

We were a group of 6 people off the cruiseship. Our pickup was prompt and Ricky held a sign at the exit. The van was very comfortable and AC worked well. We had a private driver plus Ricky and water was available for us during the tour. Ricky gets a lot accomplished in a short amount of time and at no time did we feel rushed. He is very organized and very personable. He has great English skills but his English writing skills are not so great but he answered all my emails promptly. He delivered all our special requests and our expectations were more than met! This is why I gave him 5 stars as there was nothing we could criticize him for.

Our tour was the 7 in 1 tour which we highly recommend. We added a few extra requests which he met and chose not to do the Puntarenas tour. We started with his favorite places to see monkeys in the wild. He has a special way of calling the Monkeys to come out to him which I will not give out his secret! He had bananas so the monkeys would come to us for pictures. I was the only one that let the monkey climb on me and that was too cool!. Our experience attracted many other tours so we did not stay long. We then went to find some Macaws in the wild to a place Ricky knew there may be. Sure enough we found many there in the trees and also enjoyed the little village with children abound. I brought some Reese's peanut butter cups to share with the children which they really enjoyed!. Then we went to a medicine farm and learned about a few natural plants used for various medical problems. The owner was especially nice and accommodating. Then we went to the Crocodile Man River trip which was about 2 hours. We saw many different birds, monkeys at a distance, many crocs and the unbelievable crazy boat driver entertaining us by feeding the crocs in the water. This was a large motor boat with shade and many people aboard. I would've preferred a smaller more personal boat but still this was great. We had a fabulous fish lunch at a local roadside restaurant . Then we went to a beautiful resort on a hill overlooking the bay. The picture taking experience was perfect along with the beauty of the resort. Ricky even found a poison frog for me to photo. Then we went to a fruit stand which only had a few fruits, it would of been nice to taste the different fruits but we did not. We then went to a woodworkers place but it was Sunday and he was not there so we only saw his samples which were outside on display. Ricky was able to explain a little to us about what he did. We then stopped at a real nice shopping store to buy a few souvenirs which had a great selection. Our last stop was in Puntarenas supermarket to buy a few things like coffee much cheaper than at the tourist places. Thanks Ricky for making our time in Puntarenas a time to remember.:)

• 2 months later...

We were a group of 10 from the Celebrity Equinox docked at Puerto Limon.

We contacted Ricky and made a tour that suited us and Ricky was excellent to deal with and tailored the tour as we wanted it.

He was at the designated meeting point with a sign with our name so he was easy to find. He had a large passenger van that was very roomy, comfortable and air conditioned. His driver - El Gato - was excellent as well.

Our tour was of The Veragua Rainforest with an Aerial tram ride and a walk in the rainforest to see the waterfall, then a 60 minute Boat tour of the Tortuguero Canals to see sloths, exotic birds, monkeys and crocodiles, a short city tour and then to Playa Bonita beach for lunch and afternoon relaxation and swimming before returning to the ship.

You will not be disappointed using Ricky Ricardo as your tour guide.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We just booked Celebrity Equinox for next April and the rainforest tour sounds great! How much walking is involved, and how strenuous is it? My husband is a bit creaky, and I don't know if he could manage a long hike over rough terrain.

I checked out his website, but didn't see any prices. Can you give an idea of how much it is per person, or do you need a minimum number of people to book?

Thanks so much!

• 1 year later...
We were a group of 6 people off the cruiseship. Our pickup was prompt and Ricky held a sign at the exit. The van was very comfortable and AC worked well. We had a private driver plus Ricky and water was available for us during the tour. Ricky gets a lot accomplished in a short amount of time and at no time did we feel rushed. He is very organized and very personable. He has great English skills but his English writing skills are not so great but he answered all my emails promptly. He delivered all our special requests and our expectations were more than met! This is why I gave him 5 stars as there was nothing we could criticize him for.

Our tour was the 7 in 1 tour which we highly recommend. We added a few extra requests which he met and chose not to do the Puntarenas tour. We started with his favorite places to see monkeys in the wild. He has a special way of calling the Monkeys to come out to him which I will not give out his secret! He had bananas so the monkeys would come to us for pictures. I was the only one that let the monkey climb on me and that was too cool!. Our experience attracted many other tours so we did not stay long. We then went to find some Macaws in the wild to a place Ricky knew there may be. Sure enough we found many there in the trees and also enjoyed the little village with children abound. I brought some Reese's peanut butter cups to share with the children which they really enjoyed!. Then we went to a medicine farm and learned about a few natural plants used for various medical problems. The owner was especially nice and accommodating. Then we went to the Crocodile Man River trip which was about 2 hours. We saw many different birds, monkeys at a distance, many crocs and the unbelievable crazy boat driver entertaining us by feeding the crocs in the water. This was a large motor boat with shade and many people aboard. I would've preferred a smaller more personal boat but still this was great. We had a fabulous fish lunch at a local roadside restaurant . Then we went to a beautiful resort on a hill overlooking the bay. The picture taking experience was perfect along with the beauty of the resort. Ricky even found a poison frog for me to photo. Then we went to a fruit stand which only had a few fruits, it would of been nice to taste the different fruits but we did not. We then went to a woodworkers place but it was Sunday and he was not there so we only saw his samples which were outside on display. Ricky was able to explain a little to us about what he did. We then stopped at a real nice shopping store to buy a few souvenirs which had a great selection. Our last stop was in Puntarenas supermarket to buy a few things like coffee much cheaper than at the tourist places. Thanks Ricky for making our time in Puntarenas a time to remember.:)

We also did two tours with Ricky and he was the best. We did all the things you mentioned. Our meal was at a little place by the water and was a nice site with good food. Those guys feeding the alligators could loose a piece of finger if not careful.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Ricky does a great tour. We used him twice --Once in 2014 for transportation from hotel in Alajuela to Caldera and the next day to do a day tour in Puntarenas. He is well organized . We saw the alligators being fed in the wild, many birds pointed out using key cards, a tram ride in the jungle, pressing sugar cane, information about certain flowers, stops to look at Macaws in the wild. He just knew where to look. Saw monkeys come down to his head to steal bananas. A beautiful view on the water for an included lunch.

Thank you that’s good to hear I did just book today with him for the 7 In 1 tour in April 2018 . He has been corresponding and getting back to me very quickly it will be just my husband and I on our own tour . I will write something later about the experience

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you that’s good to hear I did just book today with him for the 7 In 1 tour in April 2018 . He has been corresponding and getting back to me very quickly it will be just my husband and I on our own tour . I will write something later about the experience

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Well he was corresponding back to me very quickly when I asked for confirmation on cost and the fact we wanted to add on the aerial tram it is now been almost a week so I’m not sure if I’m confirmed with him or not.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...