Saphire Princess, January 30, 2005

levart57

We've put a deposit down, but it's 50/50 as to whether business will prevent us from going, we've been to Australia and New Zealand before, but never Tasmania and the south island of New Zealand. Of course, we hope to go, because we got the past passenger promo for a fabulous balcony guarantee rate. Both Australia and New Zealand are beautiful. We particularly loved the city of Melborne and south of there.

Thanks for asking, Levart. We only have minor damage, thank god! We are trying to get a lot of cruising in, before we start expanding our business within about a year. We leave next month for our 25th wedding anniversary cruise on Oceania's Insignia to the Black Sea and in December, we do the Galapagos on Celebrity's Xpedition. New Zealand and Australia will be the end of our major cruising. After that aquiring another business will put us back on peanut butter and jelly!

Hi, Narob and Levart57

I posted previously in reply to someone else's roll call, but never heard again. We are two couples from the ST. Pete / Clearwater area and are definitely going on the Jan. 30, 2005 Cruise. We are looking forward to it very much. My husband and I got the last balcony and our friends have an unobstructed outside guarantee and are hoping to get a balcony as well.

We used to live in Estero before moving up here. Small world.

Janis

levart57, we are the cruise following yours on the 02/11 sailing. Hope you have a wonderful time!!

Dear Galelynn,

We know you'll have a great time too! Are you spending any time in Sydney before the cruise or Auckland after the cruise?

LEVART57 (MARGIE)

Estebofarr-

I hope we get to meet prior to going on the ship. Are you staying in Auckland before embarking? I can't wait to go. I have always wanted to go to this part of the world.

Levart57 (Margie)

Margie,

Yes we are staying two nights in Auckland and three post in Sydney.

My big fear is that they will not let us check in when we arrive, sweaty, tired and desperately wanting to get out of travel clothes and make us wait.

I don't sleep well on planes and after three flights I will be exhausted. I believe we are staying at the Sheraton. Is it just you and your husband traveling?

Janis

Dear Janis,

We actually live in Monroe Township, Nj now which is about 7 miles West of Manalapan.

Monroe Township is off of exit 8A of the Turnpike. It is in Central NJ. Manalapan is off of Route 9 and is also in Central NJ. Manalapan is probably about 30 or so minutes from Edison.

Do you have any grandchildren? we have two grandsons ages 3 and 5.

We will be In Florida in the winter and will be leaving for the cruise from Ft. Laud.

Margie

Margie,

Are you snowbirds? That's great. We will be flying from Tampa. via Chicago, then LA, then Auckland. Return, Sydney, LA, Denver then Tampa. I am not looking forward to the long flights. My granddaughter age 9 lives in Edison, and my other daughter's two children boy 5 almost 6 and girl 4 live near us. I enjoy picking up little presents for them when we travel. We still haven't gotten hotels in Sydney. Too many to chose from. Any suggestions?

Janis

Dear Janis,

We are snowbirds. Last year was our first year and we only in Florida for less than three months. We were only in our house for 6 weeks. This year we are planning to be in Florida for six months. What type of hotel do you want in Sydney? How much do you want to spend per night? If you answere the questons I can try and get some more infromation.

Margie

Dear Janis,

If you are senior citizens,age 62 or greater, The Marriott Harbour View has a rate of $169.50 per nt. It does not include breakfast but it offers a central location. The hotels which offer free transfers have airport locations. There is a shuttle bus which goes to the Sydney airport. I can check further if this does not suit you. What dates were you thinking of? I hope we can meet on the ship or before we embark.

Margie

Dear Janis and Margie,

Here we are in Naples waiting for Hurricane Frances to arrive. Unless that thing turns on a dime, we should be subject to only Tropical Storm winds and lots of rain. We're still waiting for our cruise docs to the Black Sea. We leave a week from Monday for Athens, arrive Tuesday to get on the ship. We're very excited about a lot of the exotic ports including Yalta, where they had the treaty signing. I've tried to put calls into the T/A and Oceania, but they are closed for the hurricane. I'm not worried, everything is E-Docs these days.

We wish we had time to stop at both ends of the cruise in January, but leaving the business in the height of the season barely allows us to go at all.

I noticed people are planning excursions already. Too early for us. When the final balance is paid, we'll mentally go there.

Dear Narob,

We have a small house on the East Coast of Florida. We had our shutters put up and everything is off the screen in porch. We wish you good luck and our prayers for our house and you and yours will be there.

Hope we meet up on the cruise.

Margie

Hi, Margie and Narob

Happy to report that the power is back on and we are getting ready for IVAN. I don't like the way the map looks today. Sorry, Margie that you missed the birthday party but if you don't have to be in Florida this month, I would suggest staying where you are.

We got a couple of videos from the library on NZ and OZ and they look to be beautiful countries with lots to see. They even showed the glowworm caves! Hope to get more books and videos.

Janis

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived