Volendam inside and OV TV and DVD player?

bigwally

Volendam inside and OV in-cabin TV:

Old silver 20something-inch LGs from like a decade ago?

If not, brand and size?

Input types? Accessible?

DVD player or interactive movie system?

If still there, DVD player connectivity - HDMI? DVI? Component? Composite?

The old red,white and yellow, no HDMI.

You have to unplug the DVD player to use the ports.

Once the DVD player is unplugged, you can swivel the TV around more for easy access.

Thanks. I was almost certain that would be the case, but it never hurts to make sure.

We had the old 20" LG's on the Zuiderdam before refurb in 2015, and also recently on the Rotterdam. They are strictly analog inputs, no HDMI, just composite video and L-R analog audio. You would have to bring an HDMI to analog converter to use your laptop to feed the TV. We're on the Rotterdam, Lanai cabin next week and we will be bringing our own supply of DVD's. The ship does have a DVD lending library, but my experience with it found that out of 5 titles we wanted, they either had 1 or none. HAL doesn't keep multiple copies of popular DVD's. The conversion to the new, 50" on-demand TV's can't come soon enough for me.

We had the old 20" LG's on the Zuiderdam before refurb in 2015, and also recently on the Rotterdam. They are strictly analog inputs, no HDMI, just composite video and L-R analog audio. You would have to bring an HDMI to analog converter to use your laptop to feed the TV. We're on the Rotterdam, Lanai cabin next week and we will be bringing our own supply of DVD's.

Just ordered a converter, and will bring a DVD selection too. :)

On the Rotterdam a good few years ago I just put the laptop (16" screen) down at the end of the bed on a table.

Better to have than not have. The converter was only $14 on Amazon:

He thinks he has one...somewhere. If he can find the box it's packed in. If not, I will order one. I'm kind of hoping our stateroom was not updated because I was looking forward to the tub. I was disappointed (a not-popular opinion, I guess) when I heard they were taking them out.

~Robin

Finding current and updated information on Volendam post 2017 dry dock seems to be a bit of a challenge for many.

Other than pictures of some new chairs and carpets in the main theatre, a Pinnacle grill with a toned down colour scheme, and the removal of the tiled chairs in the aft pool (...and all these pictures were culled from a public photo Facebook search), I have found very little concrete information on what did, or did not actually occur.

• 1 month later...
Volendam inside and OV in-cabin TV:

Old silver 20something-inch LGs from like a decade ago?

If not, brand and size?

Input types? Accessible?

DVD player or interactive movie system?

If still there, DVD player connectivity - HDMI? DVI? Component? Composite?

NOT widescreen!!!

Connectivity appears to be Composite, Component, and S-Video, and available from the cabin remote, but only the Composite is available via the Video and Audio cables already connected between the TV and the DVD player. There is a cover plate fixed over all the connectors on the back of the TV.