Packing question.

Scorpio41

I've misplaced my go to packing list. :confused:

Can someone point me in the direction of a packing list. I'm sure it was from here many moons ago,

Hi Scorpio41

I usually google holiday packing list and find one via from the telegraph online to be quite good as a reminder / tick list if you find that kind of thing useful .

We put out one of those folding plastic crates about 2 weeks beforehand. Every time either of us thinks of something we need to take, say a particular charging cable or plug adapter, we go and put it in the crate. When case packing starts in earnest we sort the crate contents into suitcase or hand luggage as appropriate (or a do we really need this? pile.)

Doesn't entirely remove the last minute panic, but it does help. For clothes, the usual rule applies - lay everything out on the bed then put half of it back.

Taking half of what I took last year as many items were"t worn , the only thing I (we) forgot was the passports/credit cards/travel money/train tickets .

All in the little rucksack that we left on our front steps after a bit of a panic when the booked taxi didn't arrive , only realised our error when we arrived at M/C Piccadilly.

This year I am carrying them on me:)

We put out one of those folding plastic crates about 2 weeks beforehand. Every time either of us thinks of something we need to take, say a particular charging cable or plug adapter, we go and put it in the crate. When case packing starts in earnest we sort the crate contents into suitcase or hand luggage as appropriate (or a do we really need this? pile.)

Doesn't entirely remove the last minute panic, but it does help. For clothes, the usual rule applies - lay everything out on the bed then put half of it back.

I do this as I pack for 4, but usually more like 4 weeks beforehand. I am amazed by what I have put in there when I go to pack, multiple deodorants, hairsprays, toothpaste etc. Anyone would think we were going for months!!

Thank you for all the replies.

I have a list of things that are easily forgotten. This normally lives in the case but has gone walkabout.

These are things that normally are just in a cupboard or draw when I need them but need to be packed for a cruise.

A far better solution is to have permanent "go bag" of items you know you will need that you just take out (and leave packed) when you get home so it is ready to take the next time.

You start with what you think you need and refine it by adding and subtracting as you learn from experience until it contains exactly what you need.

Mine contains all sorts of odd items which I would never remember to pack.

You're being a bit sarcastic here, just because you are obviously perfect and never forget a thing, us mere mortals may need some help in remembering.If you cant be helpful, don't comment.:mad:

No sarcasm intended, just didn't know what you meant. I write a list of stuff for the pet sitter and my hair tongs, makeup etc, but clothes wise, I pack the day before and I don't need a list. If I packed earlier like some folk on here - 2 weeks before!, I probably would forget what I'd put in the case!