Post-booking questionnaire

eddie11

Has anyone else received a post-booking questionnaire recently?

I’ve just completed one, which had some interesting elements. It didn’t duplicate one I’d done previously, which seemed to focus on holiday types and prices. This one was much more cruise-specific and asked, eg, Would you like to see

[*] on board?

where the list of * included

Theatre

Opera

Modern circus(?)

Stand up

Various genres and decades of music

Would you like to learn a language or instrument?

Would you like to cook for your friends/family?

I’m sure there was lots more which I’ve forgotten. There was Do you want to go on excursions from the ports or do you prefer to spend your time in the locality?

I found it easier to answer the majority of the questions honestly, rather than re-read them wondering what sneaky changes and cutbacks they might be planning under the guise of ‘customer feedback’ if I chose the wrong answer. It felt more like they were seeking information than setting a trap. Perhaps I’m being naive.

Anyone remember any more questions?

I've received several of these post-booking questionnaires over the last year or so. One question I distinctly remember appeared on only one of them. I forget the exact wording, but the question was something along the lines of, "In one word, how would you like to feel at the end of your cruise? Please select one." There were several alternatives such as Refreshed, Revitalized, Reinvented, Relaxed, Rejuvenated, etc. The one that stood out for me was Hungover. Not saying which I selected...

Just done ours and it was a normal one.

Not sure what I think about the one you have received - I do hope that they are not going to turn P&O in to a cheap and cheerful holiday camp at sea .

Re the hung over ----- if this is right then that worries me --- we like a drink but a cruise is more than just a lot of alcohol. To be honest, they have limited the booze cruises with the new alcohol policy so not sure what they are thinking about

Has anyone else received a post-booking questionnaire recently?

I’ve just completed one, which had some interesting elements. It didn’t duplicate one I’d done previously, which seemed to focus on holiday types and prices. This one was much more cruise-specific and asked, eg, Would you like to see

[*] on board?

where the list of * included

Theatre

Opera

Modern circus(?)

Stand up

Various genres and decades of music

Would you like to learn a language or instrument?

Would you like to cook for your friends/family?

I’m sure there was lots more which I’ve forgotten. There was Do you want to go on excursions from the ports or do you prefer to spend your time in the locality?

I found it easier to answer the majority of the questions honestly, rather than re-read them wondering what sneaky changes and cutbacks they might be planning under the guise of ‘customer feedback’ if I chose the wrong answer. It felt more like they were seeking information than setting a trap. Perhaps I’m being naive.

Anyone remember any more questions?

Just reread this -- made me smile. I always look at the reason for the questions now as I am sure that they are there for a reason. They keep asking about the formal thing so that is the next to go ..... sadly

Just done ours and it was a normal one.

Not sure what I think about the one you have received - I do hope that they are not going to turn P&O in to a cheap and cheerful holiday camp at sea .

Re the hung over ----- if this is right then that worries me --- we like a drink but a cruise is more than just a lot of alcohol. To be honest, they have limited the booze cruises with the new alcohol policy so not sure what they are thinking about

I may have been reading it in the light of what I’d like, but I thought it sounded quite hopeful and a push against ‘Butlins at sea’. They didn’t ask me about hangovers but did ask about daytime activities, entertainment etc. I thought it might have been seeking support for more paid activities to ‘upgrade’ on board - cooking for your friends and family etc (!)

When did you last receive a query about opera from P&O???

I may have been reading it in the light of what I’d like, but I thought it sounded quite hopeful and a push against ‘Butlins at sea’. They didn’t ask me about hangovers but did ask about daytime activities, entertainment etc. I thought it might have been seeking support for more paid activities to ‘upgrade’ on board - cooking for your friends and family etc (!)

When did you last receive a query about opera from P&O???

We've just come off Oceana and Electra were on there --- Britains Got Talent --- 2 ladies playing the violin ..... didn't watch it but it was the last night and am sure that it would be good if the stuff they did on the TV was anything to go by.

Glad it sounded hopeful re the questionnaire and hope that we get one soon now :-)

Sounds great, where do I sign up (and I am being serious).

First night on Ocean Village 2 in 2009 we had acrobats --- modern circus.

Seems like what comes around goes around --------

We've just had the new one following our booking the Canada/USA cruise next year. It was certainly very different from any we've receive before. One question which asked why we'd booked the new cruise didn't give the obvious option - because that's where we wanted to go. It offered several other answers - special anniversary, to be near to family members, friends etc. but not the obvious reason.

The entertainment question was much more detailed. On our Aurora cruise we saw the best act we've ever seen on a P&O trip - Graffiti Classics. They were amazing. Two men and two women playing string instruments, dancing, even with a cello, so funny. They had an amazing reception, well worth seeing. We saw both their performances and they were just as funny the second time - very talented.