Eclipse Passport bar deck 3

Aussie One

No sign of the Gastrobar this cruise. The staff tell me to check again on the Southampton cruises and it MIGHT return for those sailings.

They said that’s why it still shows on the Eclipse deck plans. I think it’s more likely, however, that it’s still on the website’s deck plans because nobody in the IT DEPARTMENT can figure out how to edit the website

Gastropub and Workd Class Bar are two entirely different venues. The World Class Bar was formerly the Mocular Bar. They have a limited drink menu drinks are at the price point of the Premium Beverage package and up. They only serve drinks from their menu, no beer, wine, soda, etc.

The drink menu for Gastropub on the Equinox, which is where we saw it, was geared to craft beers, some wines, and maybe liquor. It was in the space thst was formerly Cellar Masters on Deck 4. We liked it for a glass of wine before dinner or to watch sports.

I can only speak for the Solstice which beside the art gallery on Deck 5

We were on Solstice a week ago and the passport bar was definitely on deck 3 opposite guest relations... the one you are referring to is the 'world class bar' on deck 5 - which we never visited

They said that’s why it still shows on the Eclipse deck plans. I think it’s more likely, however, that it’s still on the website’s deck plans because nobody in the IT DEPARTMENT can figure out how to edit the website��

:')

On most ships, we noticed that the signage onboard (little pictures of ships on each floors) still states Bistro on 5 and not Sushi on 5 - wondered if it was another cost cutting measure i.e. no point changing as no doubt the venue will be changed to something else shortly, especially after being ‘Edgesized’ :evilsmile: :D.

We were on Solstice a week ago and the passport bar was definitely on deck 3 opposite guest relations... the one you are referring to is the 'world class bar' on deck 5 - which we never visited

My point of discussion was with the World Class bar and Gastrobar not the Passport bar. I was confused with the world class bar and what was previously the old Molecular bar. There is no Gastrobar yet on the Solstice and the Passport hasn't changed

Not to confuse the discussion but I thought at one point the Gastro menu would be offered during certain hrs on S class ships that did not have the dedicated space, which is only on Equinox ..????

We wont be back on S class for awhile..

Hcat, I think that’s my point. They tried to do just that on the S-class Eclipse, offering the Gastropub menu in Passport Bar on occasion. It failed and they stopped doing it.

Yep.

Exactly what happened on the Eclipse. The beer cooler remains. Even when they had the menu at certain time in 2017 at the Passport bar, I never observed anyone eating.

The Passport Bar is still on the 3rd deck on the Eclipse. When it is or ever acting as the Gastro Bar (never seen it as that on the Mar 18, 2018 cruise ) it still operates as the Pasport Bar with the exception of having the food menu available.

It is the same on all ships that list the Gastro Bar. Nothing changes except for having food available for purchase.

Drink up 🍻🍹🍸🥂🍾

Hcat, I think that’s my point. They tried to do just that on the S-class Eclipse, offering the Gastropub menu in Passport Bar on occasion. It failed and they stopped doing it.

Thanks..guess we'll have to wait for our next cruise on EQ to try it,.

Last time it was often closed...we arrived too early....or sports on TV with many fans present...too loud