Newbie question

CEOofVacation

I am hoping you all will be so kind as to educate me regarding Cunard booking. We have been on Celebrity and through experience and time, we have learned the Ins and Outs of group bookings/rates, TA OBC etc. We just booked a cruise with Oceania and recently read about how some TAs can throw in free gratuities (offered by Oceania for group bookings with certain TAs).

I am confused about Cunard as I am seeing discounted pricing with some of the TAs, and I also read about it on this forum that you all in general do not book directly with Cunard. Is Cunard discounted pricing the same as group pricing in the language of Celebrity, or is it something else? What else should I look out for when making a Cunard booking, in terms of saving money, perks and OBC kind of stuff.

I am planning to book a Southampton to NY transatlantic in 2019.

Thank you so much!

You're in the US, as we are. I always book through Cunard. I have the sense that UK passengers often use travel agents. I'm curious to know if there is a reason to use travel agents here in the US...?

I am looking at the April 28, 2019 transatlantic. Travel agents in the US do offer OBC, or as I have seen on some of the websites, reduced pricing.

For this cruise Cunard is offering a somewhat large OBC but pricing also appears to be higher than similar 2018 cruises. I wonder if/when the prices come down after booking (outside of the penalty period), if I request for price adjustment, is it an automatic that Cunard will remove their OBC? Separately, If I book on Cunard and then transfer out to a TA, will I lose the Cunard OBC?

Dear alc13,

Booking with an ASTA agency is the best method of lowest costs as well best services.

Why is that you may ask.

Look at Cruise booking history:

1.) Cruise Lines have gone Belly - Up. Yes Chapter 7.

Leaving cruise passengers in the lurch.

FYI: Did you know as well a few even wrote the Insurance Policies on those cruises too? So yes know the Financial postions of the cruise and insurance firms is vital for you payments.

Travel Agencies/Agents do provide Thousands of JOBS and savings.

Didn't you know before they booked Airline passages/flights? Look what the Airlines have done to them, you, and me. Baggage Fees were over $6,000,000,000 yes over Six Billion in US$ Profits in 2016 a.d. .*YIKES* Before fees and some profits given through to thios booking agencies of travel went back into the communities. Now..back into the profitable airli9ne firms.

Have you noticed a few years ago the largest Nickle and Dime Cruise line thought they did not need those Travel Agencies/Agents? BTW it still has no dividend and is publicly traded on a minor stock exchange.

That ASTA aforementioned is a organization which requires thios Travel Agencies to have a 1/2 Million $USD Bond . Yes so if that Agency and /or Cruise Line goers Belly Up the client cruisers are covered ..

I guess kinda why would you buy football or airline tickets for the NFL teams/airlines in the L. A. area at the gates ?

It is anyones choice to save monies if they know how to do that.

I when traveling always try to use the best travel resources and thjos agents/agencies provide more than just savings..

You're in the US, as we are. I always book through Cunard. I have the sense that UK passengers often use travel agents. I'm curious to know if there is a reason to use travel agents here in the US...?
Edited by AAAAmerican