Room Service Drinks Menu

PRINCESSTHE BEST

Having just returned from QE the prices as Underwatr has suggested are way out of date and not to be relied upon as a current price guide.

The bottles appear to be very small and the prices very high. What was the position regarding bottle size and prices when you were on the QE majortom10? We're booked on a lengthy Cunard cruise so want to be prepared.

The bottles appear to be very small and the prices very high. What was the position regarding bottle size and prices when you were on the QE majortom10? We're booked on a lengthy Cunard cruise so want to be prepared.

We never really took much notice as we were in a Queens suite and you each get a litre bottle of spirit free of charge but the prices for 37.5cl (half standard size bottle of spirits) were very expensive. Prices in the bars, as specified accurately on their website, have just risen considerably and noticed a lot of bars very quiet at night with the exception of Queens Room but not a lot were drinking even those not dancing. Bottles sized at 1.5oz are just your normal minature bottles of spirits and are equivalent to just over 40mls which is American size and normal single measure in UK is 25ml.

A more recent room service drinks menu than the previous link is here: https://ask.cunard.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/CU_Room_Service_Drinks.pdf. It takes a bit of finding as the link is helpfully hidden on the duty free page so nowhere near the information about room service. The file properties indicate it's from May 2014: I'll write myself a note to photo the current menu next month when I'm on board.

A more recent room service drinks menu than the previous link is here: https://ask.cunard.com/resources/carnivaluk/life-on-board/CU_Room_Service_Drinks.pdf. It takes a bit of finding as the link is helpfully hidden on the duty free page so nowhere near the information about room service. The file properties indicate it's from May 2014: I'll write myself a note to photo the current menu next month when I'm on board.

Great, that would be very helpful if you could. Thanks very much.

Prices are much lower in the onboard duty-free shop but in most cases you have to wait until the night before disembarkation to take possession of the purchase. The room service products will be delivered almost immediately and in my experience (a one liter bottle) are accompanied by six cans of your choice of mixer.

Liter prices are in the $70 range. Expensive but convenient and less $ than buying by the drink.

In the "Welcome" sticky there is a link to eroller's album of Daily Programmes & other information.

The last few photographs are of the room service menu from August 2016.

Thanks Hattie, I've just had a look. There's loads of useful information on there. The room service prices seem very expensive but then again i'm not a big drinker and a couple of bottles should last me for the time i'm on board.:)

With Cunard you can carry on your favorite liquor at embarkation or any port of call. There's been some discussion here about whether that will change but for now they're every accommodating, no subterfuge required.

After our cruise last week on QE Cunard will have to do something as the bars in the evening were in general very quiet and they will have to either stop people bringing booze onboard for stateroom consumption or reduce the extortionate prices in the bars. I think if anything it will be the former.

I asked this same question a few weeks back.My replies were not as forthcoming as these,in fact I was given an incorrect price resulting in me posting negative info about Cunard.It is still way above other lines prices though.

I'm terrible at maths/economics, but even I can work out that if Cunard lower the bar prices of drinks more people will buy and their profit margin will go up. I would love to know how much is being spent in the bars now as against what was spent before the price rises. If the money spent is less surely someone somewhere in the Cunard hierarchy has the guts to say this is wrong and we will put the prices back to what they were. Or is it not that simple?