Spirits Onboard?

Calliope

No not those spirits, but good old Commonwealth of Kentucky spirits is what I am wondering about. The most recent thread about alcohol seemed to cover Cunard's wine and champagne policy, but not that of Scotch, Irish, Tennessee and the king of spirits, Bourbon. Four years ago for a crossing in a Queens Grill room I brought on a 750 ml bottle of my preferred drink and not an eyebrow was raised, but now I hear that Cunard is not so liberal. Have any of you gentle readers a recent experience of being allowed to bring a bottle of whisky onboard or not?

No not those spirits, but good old Commonwealth of Kentucky spirits is what I am wondering about. The most recent thread about alcohol seemed to cover Cunard's wine and champagne policy, but not that of Scotch, Irish, Tennessee and the king of spirits, Bourbon. Four years ago for a crossing in a Queens Grill room I brought on a 750 ml bottle of my preferred drink and not an eyebrow was raised, but now I hear that Cunard is not so liberal. Have any of you gentle readers a recent experience of being allowed to bring a bottle of whisky onboard or not?

Cunard are very good, they will let you bring on your own drink.:halo:

P&O have recently announced a change in their liberal drink policy and will only allow one bottle on embarkation and any bought in ports during the cruise will be confiscated at security and returned prior to disembarkation very much like Princess already do. Cunard being a part of Carnival like P&O I think it will only be a matter of time before they are more strict with their bring onboard alcohol policy.