Shuttle from Albany to Manhattan Port?

popsec

Does anyone know of a shuttle from Albany to the NYC port (Manhattan terminal)? Usually we drive to the port but my son is considering a cruise in May and the Grayhound schedule wouldn't work very well. Any help is appreciated!

My sister and I are taking the Amtrak from Albany to Penn Station in Manhattan for our cruise next November. We are then taking a cab from the train station to the pier. Train tickets cost less than $40 per person each way and the cab ride, I am told, will be about $10. Oh, and the train trip is 2 1/2 hours. Seemed like the best bet for the both of us.

I found a good deal on the Yankee trails website....$80 roundtrip from Rennsaleer (sp?) to the cruise port and back again after the cruise....no parking cost and no cab ride involved. Sounds like a good deal!

I found a good deal on the Yankee trails website....$80 roundtrip from Rennsaleer (sp?) to the cruise port and back again after the cruise....no parking cost and no cab ride involved. Sounds like a good deal!

I was going to suggest you check out Yankee trails.I have not tried them yet but would have it they went to Brooklyn cruise port with Princess.

Laura

Either Yankee Trails or Amtrak. My sister drives in from Syracuse a day early spends the night and takes Yankee Trails to the pier. As for myself when I lived in Albany would take a cab to the train station so I would not have to pay for parking. Now that I live in Buffalo I leave a day early spend the night in Albany catch the 8am train arrive in NYC around 10:30 then a cab to the pier. I do not know about stops with Yankee Trails but there is no coffee food etc on the train (for those trains which start in Albany to NYC) but I do get something before I board. Amtrak is a little more money with the taxi but you can move about the train

Edited by Sam The Cat
price

Either Yankee Trails or Amtrak. My sister drives in from Syracuse a day early spends the night and takes Yankee Trails to the pier. As for myself when I lived in Albany would take a cab to the train station so I would not have to pay for parking. Now that I live in Buffalo I leave a day early spend the night in Albany catch the 8am train arrive in NYC around 10:30 then a cab to the pier. I do not know about stops with Yankee Trails but there is no coffee food etc on the train (for those trains which start in Albany to NYC) but I do get something before I board. Amtrak is a little more money with the taxi but you can move about the train

Normally Amtrak would be the choice.........but they banned the use of e-cigs on their trains so we're boycotting them

An alternative would be to consider driving to Poughkeepsi, parking is $30/week. Metro North train to Grand Central is about $32 round trip, cab to the Manhatten pier less than $15, or the 42 bus and walking a few blocks, $2.25pp I do this several times per year, over many years, and can be a great option for some.

I haven't used the Yankee Trails shuttle but my neighbors have, and they think it's a great way to travel to the pier.
We've choosen Yankee Trails for our NJ Explorer cruise and I suppose its the same experience for the NY side of the river. A couple who are cruising with us Dec 1 this year have taken YT on there last three previous trips from Rensselaer and they have nothing but raves for the company. The latest the've been dropped off is 10:30AM. They even tought if we switched our booking to them, that we would get free fare, and OBC, a gift card for future travel and maybe even a free motel since we're more than 50 miles from Rensselaer. We're going to pay for the bus trip anyway.

• 6 years later...

We have used the Yankee Trails Shuttle to the Manhattan Cruise port in the past....but after this past weekend I'm not sure I'll ever use them again. The bus rattles and shook. No knee room. No Plugs. Some of the seats were broken (wouldn't sit up so they were laying in your lap) No place to sit your bottle of water down.....and it was so ungodly hot with a stuffed full bus and the ac either didn't work or he didn't bother to turn it on for us. We were 21/2 hr late getting off the ship...already hot and tired...Customs and ports fault, not ours...and the driver was upset from waiting and he didn't even speak to anyone to ask if we were comfortable or anything....felt like we were being punished for being late. It was a miserable 31/2 hr trip.

We have used the Yankee Trails Shuttle to the Manhattan Cruise port in the past....but after this past weekend I'm not sure I'll ever use them again. The bus rattles and shook. No knee room. No Plugs. Some of the seats were broken (wouldn't sit up so they were laying in your lap) No place to sit your bottle of water down.....and it was so ungodly hot with a stuffed full bus and the ac either didn't work or he didn't bother to turn it on for us. We were 21/2 hr late getting off the ship...already hot and tired...Customs and ports fault, not ours...and the driver was upset from waiting and he didn't even speak to anyone to ask if we were comfortable or anything....felt like we were being punished for being late. It was a miserable 31/2 hr trip.

Wow,that is too bad. I have used Yankee Trails many times,this past June the most recent,and have been very happy with them. I hope this is just a fluke. Did you send a letter to management complaining about it? I would have.

I'm using this service again in April,hope it is better than your experience.

Laura

We are taking them down to Brooklyn next Thursday, one way.

I will come back and give my thoughts.

Last time it was round trip and we had to wait about 45 minutes for them to show up in NY on return. It was cold.

Wow,that is too bad. I have used Yankee Trails many times,this past June the most recent,and have been very happy with them. I hope this is just a fluke. Did you send a letter to management complaining about it? I would have.

I'm using this service again in April,hope it is better than your experience.

Laura

We too have used Yankee Trails for cruise shuttles. I agree that the busses are a might tight but We’ve never had one that rattled. Some are newer than others. The price is what makes it for me. It costs more to park and shuttle to and from the ship and pay for gas than Yankee charges and I don’t have to drive. Worth every penny, even if it means sitting in a bus seat for 4 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums