LaGuardia Airport to Secaucus NJ Hotel

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

East Coast Departures

Baltimore, Boston, Cape Liberty, Charleston, Montreal, New York, Norfolk, & Philadelphia l
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:05 AM.
#1
2 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
I have three people for a September Cruise. Would it be better to use Taxi or Car Service to get from LaGuardia Airport to Embassy Suites in Secaucus, NJ?
#2
4,555 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
It would be better to fly into Newark, not La Guardia. You will probably have to arrange a car service, no guarantee a taxi will take you to New Jersey.
#4
Arizona/Missouri
14,848 Posts
Joined Feb 2002
Originally posted by colacruise
I have three people for a September Cruise. Would it be better to use Taxi or Car Service to get from LaGuardia Airport to Embassy Suites in Secaucus, NJ?
Besides the NY car services (Dial 7 and Carmel) give Secaucus Taxi a call. http://www.secaucustaxi.com/ MAKE SURE you mention their website for the best prices and service.

They very often has discounts to/from LaGuardia and they are DEFINITELY the cheapest from EWR to Secaucus and return and also from Secaucus to the port areas in Bayonne (and Elizabeth) from the North Jersey areas.
#6
17,578 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Originally posted by 1025cruise
It would be better to fly into Newark, not La Guardia. You will probably have to arrange a car service, no guarantee a taxi will take you to New Jersey.
Originally posted by skrufy
Fly into Newark, you will save a lot of time.
Please consider any of these possibilities:

(1) The airline the OP is flying doesn't fly to EWR from their home airport

(2) The airline the OP is flying does fly into EWR but its schedule isn't convenient for getting to and from the cruise or would require connecting flights with a long layover making the total travel time much longer than using LGA despite the longer ground transportation time

(3) Airline flights from the OP's home city to EWR are much more expensive than flights to LGA, making the total travel cost much cheaper using LGA despite the higher ground transportation costs from LGA
#7
Long Island, NY
6,537 Posts
Joined Apr 2000
I think we need to hear from the OP exactly why he/she is flying into LaG and staying at a Secaucus, NJ hotel Sometimes folks from out of the area get confused and don't understand the logistics of the area hotels, piers, and airports.
Originally posted by njhorseman
Please consider any of these possibilities:

(1) The airline the OP is flying doesn't fly to EWR from their home airport

(2) The airline the OP is flying does fly into EWR but its schedule isn't convenient for getting to and from the cruise or would require connecting flights with a long layover making the total travel time much longer than using LGA despite the longer ground transportation time

(3) Airline flights from the OP's home city to EWR are much more expensive than flights to LGA, making the total travel cost much cheaper using LGA despite the higher ground transportation costs from LGA
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Got2Cruise
Planning the cruise is half the fun.
#8
17,578 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
Originally posted by Got2Cruise
I think we need to hear from the OP exactly why he/she is flying into LaG and staying at a Secaucus, NJ hotel Sometimes folks from out of the area get confused and don't understand the logistics of the area hotels, piers, and airports.
Given this is the OP's only post in six years of Cruise Critic membership, I'm not overly optimistic about the chances of coming back and filling in the details.

I guess I don't think it's appropriate to just assume the OP doesn't know one area airport from the other and made a mistake without any evidence of that being true.
#9
2 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Sorry for not getting back. Busy time of year. We are cruising from Manhattan Pier. Only staying in NJ Hotels to save $. I thought car service was the right answer but I wanted to check. Flights to Newark are more expensive than LGA and post cruise we can use a cab to get to the airport.
#10
Quebec City, QC Canada
4,033 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by colacruise
Sorry for not getting back. Busy time of year. We are cruising from Manhattan Pier. Only staying in NJ Hotels to save $. I thought car service was the right answer but I wanted to check. Flights to Newark are more expensive than LGA and post cruise we can use a cab to get to the airport.
It really doesn't make sense to go from LGA to Secaucus to Manhattan for the cruise - any savings staying in NJ will be eaten up by transportation costs. You're better to stay either near LGA or find something in Manhattan. What are your dates? Often posters here can help you find something reasonable.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
The plural of "anecdote" is not "data"


Sovereign of the Seas - 27/01/1998
Norwegian Majesty - 10/02/2003
Diamond Princess - 22/01/2005
Noordam - 03/01/2009
Norwegian Gem - 30/10/2011
Celebrity Equinox - 26/10/2012
Queen Mary 2 - 03/01/2015