Technical Issue Causes Carnival Paradise Cruise Changes Through June

LauraS

• 5 months later...
My son just got off the Paradise today and they missed Grand Caymen because of this. They weren't told until the first sea day. Carnival still doesn't have it fixed!

If it's true that they missed it for technical problems, I don't think it's the same thing that the original article was for. I know people who sailed last month on the Paradise and they didn't have their itinerary changed.

My son just got off the Paradise today and they missed Grand Caymen because of this. They weren't told until the first sea day. Carnival still doesn't have it fixed!

I doubt that is the case. If it were the same issue (as in it has continued the entire time)they would have informed them before the cruise, not until the first sea day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Do you actually type this each time, or copy and paste? Asking for a friend.

He/she won't answer you most likely. I haven't seen too many threads where he/she has ever posted twice in the same thread.

I call this poster Henny Youngman, king of the one liners. (showing my age):)

Bill

Five months is a long time for having a technical issue.

Sensation went a very long time with a technical issue back when she cruised from Tampa on 7 day cruises.

They switched her to the Bahamas run so there wouldn't be a need to fix her right away and she could still make ports with a reduced speed.

While unusual it has happened.:)

Bill

I just off same ship. Reason given was "technical issue that required ship to cruise at a slower speed than necessary to go to GC". Ship has more problems than that. IT is old and tired. For example, chaise cushions in the Serenity are are old, frayed and badly stained. I could go on but why bother. I will say the ships singers and dancers were good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I wonder if this is similar to the issue that is affecting Carnival Liberty...an engineering issue that limits the ship's cruising speed and isn't easily fixed? Hopefully, user ChEngKP might chime in here as our resident expert.

He/she won't answer you most likely. I haven't seen too many threads where he/she has ever posted twice in the same thread.

--Except that Henny Youngman was actually funny...and knew when to retire a joke.

I just off same ship. Reason given was "technical issue that required ship to cruise at a slower speed than necessary to go to GC". Ship has more problems than that. IT is old and tired. For example, chaise cushions in the Serenity are are old, frayed and badly stained. I could go on but why bother. I will say the ships singers and dancers were good.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Those cushions sure slow you down...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It sounds like the take-away from this is that Carnival has some older ships showing age, and customers should research, plan, and book accordingly. Paradise is the ship discussed in the OP, and it is one of Carnival's older ships that likely needs updating or retiring (i.e., sold). I love Carnival's smaller ships for various reasons such as easy to navigate decks, but nobody wants their itinerary to be altered, or their cruise to be affected, for aging ship reasons.

I wonder if this is similar to the issue that is affecting Carnival Liberty...an engineering issue that limits the ship's cruising speed and isn't easily fixed? Hopefully, user ChEngKP might chime in here as our resident expert.

Hard to say, without further details. It could be any of a thousand different things in the propulsion or power generation systems that tend to get lumped into "propulsion problems" or "technical problems", and not even the CSR's or PR people really know what they are talking about.

As ships age, the equipment gets into the part of the life cycle where there isn't a lot of empirical data for predicting planned maintenance or replacement schedules, so things tend to break down more often. The problem is that cruise ships have so much redundancy that most failures are never noticed by the cruising public, so when something does break that cannot go unnoticed, the claims of age and "worn out" tend to come up. These ships are not that old, there are merchant ships out there, running every day that are twice or three times as old as the Paradise.

Bill

riclop and cb at sea are professional drive by posters :)

Hey everybody, I leave on the 19th.....before booking THIS cruise, I had been on the Sensation back in April. Because of a medical emergency we missed Ocho Rios. This was is supposed to be my "make-up" cruise since I have never been to Mahogany Bay.

When I booked in June, I knew they were having problems and sent an email to Carnival expressing my concerns about missing a port once again. I was stunned to receive a call back!! I was assured that barring weather, or a "new" problem arises, we would be making all the ports on the scheduled itinerary.

I am really hoping they were not able to tender due to weather, as the Yucatan did just get pounded by a tropical storm. This can cause some rough seas for quite awhile.

If anybody has some new news??? I am currently on hold with Carnival.......

Hey everybody, I leave on the 19th.....before booking THIS cruise, I had been on the Sensation back in April. Because of a medical emergency we missed Ocho Rios. This was is supposed to be my "make-up" cruise since I have never been to Mahogany Bay.

When I booked in June, I knew they were having problems and sent an email to Carnival expressing my concerns about missing a port once again. I was stunned to receive a call back!! I was assured that barring weather, or a "new" problem arises, we would be making all the ports on the scheduled itinerary.

I am really hoping they were not able to tender due to weather, as the Yucatan did just get pounded by a tropical storm. This can cause some rough seas for quite awhile.

If anybody has some new news??? I am currently on hold with Carnival.......

I just returned from the 5 day cruise to Mahogany Bay and Cozumel on the Paradise. Despite Tropical Storm Franklin we made it to BOTH ports. If you are leaving on the 19th, unless there's a new tropical disturbance, it should be an alright ride down there.

I just returned from the 5 day cruise to Mahogany Bay and Cozumel on the Paradise. Despite Tropical Storm Franklin we made it to BOTH ports. If you are leaving on the 19th, unless there's a new tropical disturbance, it should be an alright ride down there.

Thank-you soooo much! :')