1st time out of Tampa. Easiest hotel and transportation advice please!

crazyboutdisney

I am taking my 14 yr old daughter on her first cruise next March and its my first time sailing out of Tampa. It will just be the two of us so I am looking for the best place to stay that will offer us the easiest/safest way to travel from airport to hotel to port. We will be arriving the day prior to the cruise, hoping to fly in early enough to maybe explore a bit and get dinner. We usually stay at Hilton properties when we travel but I am open to other options.

Thank you!!!

There is also a Hampton Inn in the Rocky Point area since you are chasing Hilton points - free airport shuttles, nearby dining options, bay views, and they offer port shuttles or you can taxi to the port for about $25 or Uber for about $18

Or there is an Embassy Suites near the port - about a $25 cab from TPA or about $17-18 in an Uber. Short ride or 10 minute walk to the port in the morning.

I am taking my 14 yr old daughter on her first cruise next March and its my first time sailing out of Tampa. It will just be the two of us so I am looking for the best place to stay that will offer us the easiest/safest way to travel from airport to hotel to port. We will be arriving the day prior to the cruise, hoping to fly in early enough to maybe explore a bit and get dinner. We usually stay at Hilton properties when we travel but I am open to other options.

Thank you!!!

We booked Hyatt Place by the airport. Free shuttle from airport and $25 for 2 to the pier ($40 roundtrip). It is also close to a LARGE mall and they provide free shuttle to/from it. Several good dining options within a 1-2 block walk also.

There is also a Hampton Inn in the Rocky Point area since you are chasing Hilton points - free airport shuttles, nearby dining options, bay views, and they offer port shuttles or you can taxi to the port for about $25 or Uber for about $18

Or there is an Embassy Suites near the port - about a $25 cab from TPA or about $17-18 in an Uber. Short ride or 10 minute walk to the port in the morning.

Is the Embassy Suites the one downtown?

Is the Embassy Suites the one downtown?

The Embassy Suites Downtown and the Marriott Waterside across the street are only about a mile from the port....both are very nice.

The are in a great area and right on the trolley line.

• 3 weeks later...