Bucket List

cruisinjan

Given the choice of Passions on the Beach at a taxi ride of $10 each way ($20 rt) or

Flying Fishbone at $26 each way ($52 rt), Passions wins hands down.

Even if the food were the equivalent at each restaurant, the tables at Passions are much further apart than they are at the Flying Fishbone.

We just got back from staying at the Radisson in Aruba. Our group had a wonderful dinner on the beach in front of the hotel. We were the only table and were surrounded by torches. The waiters stayed in the shadows so we didn't see them except when they were serving. It was a little pricey at $65 per person but very memorable.

This sounds like a really nice dinner experience. We were looking at doing a sunset cruise while in Aruba, since we will be in port until 10:00, but now are rethinking our evening. I asked on our roll call if there would be interest to do this as a group. DH & I are going to do this for our evening dinner. Will have to check the sunset time, and plan accordingly for our reservations! We have eaten in restaurants along the ocean in an open air atmosphere, but never at a table with fine dining, right in the sand. :D

I asked on our roll call if there would be interest to do this as a group. DH & I are going to do this for our evening dinner. Will have to check the sunset time, and plan accordingly for our reservations!

Why would you want a romantic dining experience with a group :)?

6rugrats: We can go together as a group, and anyone that would like to have separate tables can do so. If we decide to share our dinner experience with fellow roll call members, that would be our business, not yours.

Arubalisa: You listed the taxi fare as $10. each way to Passions. Would this be for up to 4 people in a taxi, or only 2? TIA!

Arubalisa: You listed the taxi fare as $10. each way to Passions. Would this be for up to 4 people in a taxi, or only 2? TIA!
Taxis in Aruba, by law, can carry a maximum of 5 people.

Fares are per trip and NOT per person.

So if you had a group of 10 people it would cost a total of $40 round trip for the two taxis.

FWIW, when you reserve at Passions http://www.passions-restaurant-aruba.com/#inline3

if you have any specifications about table configurations just email foodandbeverage@amsterdammanor.aw

• 4 weeks later...

The Aruba Beach Club is a smaller resort on a nice stretch of beach. It is about 1 1/4 miles from the ABC to Passions at the Amsterdam Manor.

You can get there by bus or taxi.

Assuming you are departing out of ATL, since it is off topic, could you email me. I have a question about the new international terminal at Hartsfield. :o

Archived