South Florida Shuttles

Jevsy

Some advice please.... We are a family of 9 and have, we hope, booked transfers with South Florida Shuttles from car rental at FLL to port Everglades and vice versa. Our issue may be that they asked for full credit card details including the 3-digit verification code by e-mail with no form of security. We haven't supplied this as horrified at the thought of doing this, but do have e-mail confirmation of the booking. Now I'm wondering if they will actually show up or are we gonna be left stranded? Assume some of you may have experience of this company? Nervous as this is the first cruise for the rest of the family and we want it to go well :rolleyes:

I'd find another vendor.

Two mini-van taxis will get 9 plus bags from FLL to Port Everglades for about $15+tip per cab -- how much are you paying to shuttle 9? :confused:

$64 each way

I have no concern about South Florida Shuttles....I booked with them because we needed transportation for the 7 of us one of which is a 3 year old that will need a carseat they will provide...and I have seen several good reviews for this company.

We're using them from our Hyatt Place hotel - Port Everglades and then Port Everglades - FLL $7.00 one way pp. I gave them a credit card and all info required to pre-pay and received my confirmations. I called them to book my reservation as I usually prefer to speak with a live person....but don't see anything wrong with the OP booking via email....OP if you are concerned about giving your credit card info you can pay in cash at pick up or for an additional 5% use a credit card then...your choice.

Yes of course if we didn't need a carseat provided we would have just used taxi's but for us this will work out best for our personal needs on this cruise this weekend on HOTS.

Edited by Ashland

For about half the price taking two cabs would be an easy choice for me. ;) Your call!

Thank you. I think we would need 3 cabs anyway but it's not the cost that's the main issue, it was the unsecure credit card detailing required. As I said I want things to be right for our first cruise as a whole family and want things to go smoothly.

I have no concern about South Florida Shuttles....I booked with them because we needed transportation for the 7 of us one of which is a 3 year old that will need a carseat they will provide...and I have seen several good reviews for this company.

We're using them from our Hyatt Place hotel - Port Everglades and then Port Everglades - FLL $7.00 one way pp. I gave them a credit card and all info required to pre-pay and received my confirmations. I called them to book my reservation as I usually prefer to speak with a live person....but don't see anything wrong with the OP booking via email....OP if you are concerned about giving your credit card info you can pay in cash at pick up or for an additional 5% use a credit card then...your choice.

Yes of course if we didn't need a carseat provided we would have just used taxi's but for us this will work out best for our personal needs on this cruise this weekend on HOTS.

Thank you for 'getting it'! We too need a car seat and flying from the UK it wasn't do-able. We were aware that on the booking it does say can pay the driver yet on the confirmation e-mail it states to send cc info to confirm booking! Anyway, one way or another we WILL be getting to our ship and can't wait to see their faces as we pull up! We went on Harmony last year btw and it was a great ship! Enjoy :D:D

Thank you for 'getting it'! We too need a car seat and flying from the UK it wasn't do-able. We were aware that on the booking it does say can pay the driver yet on the confirmation e-mail it states to send cc info to confirm booking! Anyway, one way or another we WILL be getting to our ship and can't wait to see their faces as we pull up! We went on Harmony last year btw and it was a great ship! Enjoy :D:D

We are going to be using them this Saturday March 18th and then again on Saturday the 25th....If you like I can post of our experience with this transfer company when I return.

We are going to be using them this Saturday March 18th and then again on Saturday the 25th....If you like I can post of our experience with this transfer company when I return.

That would be super thank you! We will be on Allure in 2-ish weeks! :)

• 2 weeks later...
That would be super thank you! We will be on Allure in 2-ish weeks! :)

Just wanted to give you an update so far for our use on March 18th.....amazing on time service (actually was at our hotel Hyatt Place early) called my cell phone and said he was waiting outside to take our time....He had a car seat for our toddler a plenty of room for the 7 of us and all our luggage. Will be using the shuttle again for our departure this Saturday PE-FLL...will update again.

Just wanted to give you an update so far for our use on March 18th.....amazing on time service (actually was at our hotel Hyatt Place early) called my cell phone and said he was waiting outside to take our time....He had a car seat for our toddler a plenty of room for the 7 of us and all our luggage. Will be using the shuttle again for our departure this Saturday PE-FLL...will update again.

Thank you so very much! Settles my lack of confidence in them now.... :*

Thank you so very much! Settles my lack of confidence in them now.... :*

Update...They were on time (called as we left the ship and were there in less than 10 min) for our pickup from PE-FLL in a large Mercedes van again with a car seat...Our group of 7 needed to be dropped off at 3 different FLL terminals...they were so efficient and helpful....Will definitely use them again.

Update...They were on time (called as we left the ship and were there in less than 10 min) for our pickup from PE-FLL in a large Mercedes van again with a car seat...Our group of 7 needed to be dropped off at 3 different FLL terminals...they were so efficient and helpful....Will definitely use them again.

Again thank you so very much! You've given me a lot of reassurance x

• 11 months later...

Thank you all for this information.

We are a family of that all wants to travel together (on same flight too) from FLL-Riverside hotel and then

the next day hotel to Port Everglades.

South Florida Shuttles is $7 per person plus 10% grat. (which is quite low, sure we will give extra) and it will be great we can all travel together. For my family of 7 with luggage, we would need two Ubers anyway so this works out great for us.

I don't sail until August but will come back and update.

Thank you all for taking the time to post.

Thank you all for this information.

We are a family of that all wants to travel together (on same flight too) from FLL-Riverside hotel and then

the next day hotel to Port Everglades.

South Florida Shuttles is $7 per person plus 10% grat. (which is quite low, sure we will give extra) and it will be great we can all travel together. For my family of 7 with luggage, we would need two Ubers anyway so this works out great for us.

I don't sail until August but will come back and update.

Thank you all for taking the time to post.

You're so very welcome. I have no doubt you will have the same great experience we did with South Florida Shuttles...several other's I have given the same recommendation to have replied with their great personal experience also. Enjoy planning your cruise....knowing all your land transportation will be professionally handled with no worries.

You're so very welcome. I have no doubt you will have the same great experience we did with South Florida Shuttles...several other's I have given the same recommendation to have replied with their great personal experience also. Enjoy planning your cruise....knowing all your land transportation will be professionally handled with no worries.

Thank you! There are 19 of us, my family of 7 (that includes my family of 4 and my dd/ds friends and my mom), my sisters family of 5 and my cousins so want to make sure I book something reliable since I'm the one handling it.

Thanks again!

I am mostly a lurker here on these boards but based on your recommendation, Ashland, I booked transportation with South Florida Shuttles for our recent cruise Mar 4-11, 2018 (booked with them last August).

I wish I could say that I had the same great experience that you had, Ashland, but unfortunately I did not. I was travelling with my husband and 2 young daughters (ages 2 and 4) and specifically booked with South Florida Shuttles for use of their provided carseats (my daughters used CARES harnesses while on the plane since we did not want to bring 2 convertible carseats with us onto the cruise).

We had 3 trips booked with them: (a) FLL to Hyatt Place 17th St on Mar 3, (b) Hyatt Place to Port Everglades on Mar 4, and © Port Everglades to FLL after our cruise ended on Mar 11. For all 3 trips, the driver was late and there were issues with the carseats (I had previously requested 2 forward facing carseats when booking the reservations).

On our arrival at FLL on Mar 3 at 6pm, as per their instructions, we phoned the dispatcher, who said to call them again after we picked up our luggage, which we did at 6:25pm. The driver called at 6:45pm saying he was late due to traffic, and asked us to meet him on the departures level instead of arrivals (which we had no problem doing). We did not get picked up until 7pm, and when the driver arrived, he did have 2 carseats with him but they were not installed. Since it was getting late (and my daughters were getting tired after a long travel day) we didn't bother trying to figure out how to install them and just sat them beside me in the middle bench of the van with seatbelts. The driver was very pleasant, though, and he brought us quickly to our hotel (though he was very confusing as he kept on asking which Hyatt Place we were going to, even though I had confirmed it to be the 17th St Convention Centre location when booking the trip).

The next day, our pickup to head to Port Everglades was scheduled for 12pm. We received a phone call at 11:55am saying that the shuttle had a flat tire and so would be late. It did not arrive until 12:30pm, and when it did, there was only 1 booster seat in the van (and no car seats). Since we had no choice, we just buckled our kids into the van's middle row with carseats for the short ride to the port (both my daughters are too small still to use a booster seat).

After our cruise ended, I was very nervous since the first 2 trips with South Florida Shuttles had issues (and I admit that the general craziness at the Port in the pick-up area, the hot sun, and the post-cruise letdown did not help matters!). Our pickup time was 10:30am (chosen by SFS based on our return flight time) and the driver did not arrive until 11:15am (he again said it was due to traffic). When he did arrive, he again did not have the correct carseats - only had 1 booster seat and had a rear facing carseat installed.

I know that traffic can happen, and flat tires can happen, but I would hope that an experienced shuttle service would be able to at least try to anticipate the usual traffic at FLL and Port Everglades when picking up and dropping off cruisers. Perhaps if only 1 trip had issues I could overlook it, but all 3 of our trips with them had difficulties. Also, if they advertise that they will provide proper carseats, I don't think it's too much to expect that they will bring the carseats that they said they would bring (i.e. carseats and not booster seats).

I emailed them today to let them know that I was disappointed in their services and that although we hopefully will be cruising from Fort Lauderdale again in the future, we would likely not use their services due to our experiences. They just replied to my email with a 1 line email stating: "Thank you. We will make all necessary corrections"....

I don't think I would ever use them again, but it still would have been nice to have more of an acknowledgement and apology for the issues that we experienced.

I'm glad that you had a great experience with them, Ashland, but just wish that we could have had the same....:(

Anyone else have recent experiences? We're booked for 5 with them next month for Port Everglades to MIA Airport , and they were the lowest cost by a bit. I just hope it's not a situation where we saved some money and were wishing we had spent more if they aren't on time.

Thanks for the detailed feedback - hope the rest of your cruise was more fun than your transportation experience.

Yes, we had an amazing cruise, thanks!

Totally did not let the hiccups with the shuttle transfers interfere with our enjoyment of the whole vacation. Hoping to book another cruise again soon! :)

• 3 months later...
Anyone else have recent experiences? We're booked for 5 with them next month for Port Everglades to MIA Airport , and they were the lowest cost by a bit. I just hope it's not a situation where we saved some money and were wishing we had spent more if they aren't on time.
I had used them again and they were great.. I called they were prompt car clean and the driver Adrian was a very nice guy.