Has anyone heard from Jimsgirl?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:52 PM.
Magnolia, Texas
1,389 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
A very pleasant lady named Lynn (Jims Girl) has been on several of my Cunard voyages, and I know she had a stroke several years ago on a voyage and had a very positive review of Cunard Care.

I have seen her post from time to time since, but not in a while. I sent her an email but had no answer.

Does anyone know how she is?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

UK
312 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
I spoke to Lynn about 10 days ago and she's fine - much improved on how she was but still unable to cruise on her own. I will make a point of calling her again later and ask her to email you - or she may see your post and respond here.
Vale of Glamorgan
3,560 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
She was having some problems with her account. I'm hoping it was sorted out but if not ask her to email [email protected]
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
Brooklyn, NY, USA
726 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Originally posted by Bigmike911
A very pleasant lady named Lynn (Jims Girl) has been on several of my Cunard voyages, and I know she had a stroke several years ago on a voyage and had a very positive review of Cunard Care.
I have seen her post from time to time since, but not in a while. I sent her an email but had no answer.
Does anyone know how she is?
Dear Big Mike,
Yes Lynn is a very pleasant lady and we had the opportunity to sail with her on a Panama Canal/Caribbean 13day QM2 cruise in 2008.

What a wonderful time we had just talking together in the Grand Lobby and CC Gatherings thru out the cruise. What wonderful stories she told us of Jim her husband and her experiences.

We did keep in touch for several years by email and know she liked to do 21day cruises so she would just remain on board.

We did eventually lose touch by email but read about her health issues first with her eyes and then stroke. She didn't know how long she would be able to cruise in the future.

I would appreciate her email address in case she changed it since she gave to us at our first meeting.

If anyone has her email address, if you would kindly share it with me so I can remake contact with Lynn.
[email protected],

I remember how she would share her packing ideas with my wife. How she did take too much clothes but used Bing to accessorize her look.

Thank you for bring her name up again.. What a Elegant Lady on the Queen...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Luv Cruising,
BklynBoy8 "Eddie"
Cunard WC - Diamond Member
Recent Sailing....QM2 - 6 Day Canada/NE Jul 1st - Jul 6th, 2017 (Independence Day Sailing)
Magnolia, Texas
1,389 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by Happyboating
I spoke to Lynn about 10 days ago and she's fine - much improved on how she was but still unable to cruise on her own. I will make a point of calling her again later and ask her to email you - or she may see your post and respond here.
It is good to hear she is doing well. She is a lovely lady. I enjoyed spending time with her, and remember our glasses of La Grande Dame in the Champagne bar on the QM2, or was it the QV? Thank you for contacting her, and saying Well Done to her for me.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

UK
312 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
I did give Lynn a quick call last night (UK time) and she was going to see if her new password worked - as Host Hattie said, she's had problems with her CC login. As I've just woken up and see that she still hasn't posted I guess she's still having problems! I'm sure she will post as soon as her login has been sorted out.
Magnolia, Texas
1,389 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by BklynBoy8
Dear Big Mike,
Yes Lynn is a very pleasant lady and we had the opportunity to sail with her on a Panama Canal/Caribbean 13day QM2 cruise in 2008.

What a wonderful time we had just talking together in the Grand Lobby and CC Gatherings thru out the cruise. What wonderful stories she told us of Jim her husband and her experiences.

We did keep in touch for several years by email and know she liked to do 21day cruises so she would just remain on board.

We did eventually lose touch by email but read about her health issues first with her eyes and then stroke. She didn't know how long she would be able to cruise in the future.

I would appreciate her email address in case she changed it since she gave to us at our first meeting.

If anyone has her email address, if you would kindly share it with me so I can remake contact with Lynn.
[email protected],

I remember how she would share her packing ideas with my wife. How she did take too much clothes but used Bing to accessorize her look.

Thank you for bring her name up again.. What a Elegant Lady on the Queen...

Brooklyn Boy, I sent your email address to the two emails I have for Lynn. One bounced and hopefully She will contact us both on the other one.

Cheers Mike.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Brooklyn, NY, USA
726 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Originally posted by Bigmike911
Brooklyn Boy, I sent your email address to the two emails I have for Lynn. One bounced and hopefully She will contact us both on the other one.
Cheers Mike.
Mike,
Thank you for that contact. Would like make contact again after all this time. I did try to connect once on one of her last postings but no go.

Also we don't get down to Florida which we would love to see her in person.

We use to love to hear her British Humor and tales of the past.....I am glad I can still remember what she looked like.

Thanks
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Luv Cruising,
BklynBoy8 "Eddie"
Recent Sailing....QM2 - 6 Day Canada/NE Jul 1st - Jul 6th, 2017 (Independence Day Sailing)
Washington State
1,839 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Originally posted by Jimsgirl
I am here, will answer more next week, getting ready to evacuate in advance of hurricane IRMA, as per my daughter who is my transport.

Lynn aka jimsgirl
Yay! It is so good to hear from you . Good luck with Irma, we will be thinking of you all in Florida.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
www.whereissafarigal.wordpress.com
www.youtube.com/user/samuels5731

"Flying is but a fad. There will always be passengers for ships like the Queens"

Queen Victoria 2017; Queen Mary 2 July 2016; Queen Mary 2 2015; Viking Sun July 2014; Queen Mary 2 October 2012; Veendam September 2012; Queen Elizabeth June 2012 X 2; Queen Victoria 2012; Queen Elizabeth 2011; Queen Mary 2 2010; Queen Mary 2 2009; QE2 2008; Queen Victoria 2008; Carnival Glory 2006; Paul Gauguin 2006; Sun Princess 2003; Sea Princess 2002; Rotterdam 2001; Majesty of the Seas 2000; Rotterdam 1999; Independence 1998; Dreamward 1997; Nordic Empress 1996; Atlantic 1995; Dawn Princess 1994; Majestic 1989; Vistafjord 1992; Maasdam 1992; Cunard Countess 1985; BI Dunera 1968; BI Devonia 1967; BI Kampala 1963; Hoogkerk 1963; Queen Elizabeth 1962; P&O Iberia 1962; P&O Cathay 1962; BI Uganda 1961; Rotterdam 1961; City of Durban 1959; Europa 1959; Africa 1958; Dunottar Castle 1958; Warwick Castle 1958; BI Karanja 1957; Pretoria Castle 1956; BI Uganda 1956
Honolulu, Hawaii
1,983 Posts
Joined Aug 2006
Wonderful to see your message, Lynn. Will be following Irma and hoping for the very best for everyone in Florida. Looking forward to an update on your life next week.
Washington, DC
651 Posts
Joined Feb 2011
I am here, will answer more next week, getting ready to evacuate in advance of hurricane IRMA, as per my daughter who is my transport.

Lynn aka jimsgirl

It's wonderful hearing from you again. Do stay safe. Like all your friends, we are looking forward to your next post.

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums
RESIST USA
9,482 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Hi Mrs. Jimsgirl. Happy to "see" you again
Yikes! yet another evacuation - you sure do lead an adventurous life!
Best wishes to you and all those in the path of the storm.

Regards,
Salacia
Magnolia, Texas
1,389 Posts
Joined Jul 2009

Lynn aka jimsgirl
Good Luck Lynn, It is great to hear from you. We have survived Harvey, so I am hopeful that Irma will be kind to you. I will look forward to hearing from you when you return home. Mike.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Brooklyn, NY, USA
726 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Hi Lynn,
WOW so happy to see you back on the boards.

Miss our talks on board the QM2....Still In Touch with many of our CC'ers from our Panama Canal Cruise.

Ian & Jayne are now in Seattle and in touch with them.

Happy to see your daughter relocating you for the storm. Praying it won't be too bad.

Will talk to on your return. Beverly sends her regards to you and remembers our Tea Times in the Qx Room with the real Clotted Cream.

So happy you're back..
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Luv Cruising,
BklynBoy8 "Eddie"
Brooklyn, NY, USA
726 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Lynn aka jimsgirl
Welcome back Lynn..... with all our Love, Ed & Bev........
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Luv Cruising,
BklynBoy8 "Eddie"
Brooklyn, NY, USA
726 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Lynn, hope you are doing fine and find your home safe and dry.

Watching the coverage and seeing it was best your daughter took you instead of the last minute local shelters that filled up so fast the last minute.

Will welcome you home when appropriate.

Ed & Bev...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Luv Cruising,
BklynBoy8 "Eddie"