Long Beach port = new territory... Hotel and transportation options

imakemistaeks

So I've been on a few cruises before (Florida and Texas ports) but we have just booked a cruise on the Carnival Imagination out of Los Angeles (Long Beach port).

We need a hotel for the night we arrive and then some sort of transportation from the airport to the hotel and then transportation from the hotel to the port itself.

Our flight arrives around 10:30 the night before so hotel features and such aren't a big deal, we just need a safe place to sleep. I was wondering if any veterans of this port had any hotel recommendations. Preferably a hotel that offers free transportation from the airport to the hotel. But I guess my questions will be:

1. Is it a better option to stay at an airport area hotel and then get a shuttle in the morning?

2. Is it a better option to stay close to the port for less of a commute the next day? If so, what's the most cost efficient method of getting there for 2 people?

3. For shuttles from the port to the airport, what have you used and what would be recommended? Our flight isn't until after 5pm that day so we won't be rushed.

Thank you

So I've been on a few cruises before (Florida and Texas ports) but we have just booked a cruise on the Carnival Imagination out of Los Angeles (Long Beach port).

We need a hotel for the night we arrive and then some sort of transportation from the airport to the hotel and then transportation from the hotel to the port itself.

Our flight arrives around 10:30 the night before so hotel features and such aren't a big deal, we just need a safe place to sleep. I was wondering if any veterans of this port had any hotel recommendations. Preferably a hotel that offers free transportation from the airport to the hotel. But I guess my questions will be:

1. Is it a better option to stay at an airport area hotel and then get a shuttle in the morning?

2. Is it a better option to stay close to the port for less of a commute the next day? If so, what's the most cost efficient method of getting there for 2 people?

3. For shuttles from the port to the airport, what have you used and what would be recommended? Our flight isn't until after 5pm that day so we won't be rushed.

Thank you

1 - It will depend on which airport your going to use Long Beach or LAX and time of arrival

2 -If early get a shuttle to a Long Beach or San Pedro hotel. I would use super-shuttle or similiar

I suggest you post your question on the West Coast Departures forum.

Also, you might want to ask your question in your Roll Call.

1 - It will depend on which airport your going to use Long Beach or LAX and time of arrival

2 -If early get a shuttle to a Long Beach or San Pedro hotel. I would use super-shuttle or similiar

- I wasn't sure which forum to post it in. I figured the "First Time Cruisers" forum would be appropriate.

- Thanks, Kamloops

No one yet mentioned the Queen Mary ?

We stayed there prior to a cruise from San Pedro .

Quite a pre cruise treat for a history buff .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Didn't mention it because there are rumours online that the company is having money issues and have everything slip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you are arriving at 10:30 PM I would just stay near the airport. There are several hotels. One we have stayed at is the Marriott right outside the airport. They have a shuttle from airport to hotel.

Next morning you have many options. I would recommend either a private car service such as execucar and their web site is: http://www.execucar.com or Uber or Lyft.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

I live in Los angeles and I would encourage you to use UBER or Lyft from the airport your long beach hotel. With traffic a taxi would be a nightmare, and believe me there is ALWAYS traffic even at night. You can also book a shuttle service from the airport. As far as a hotel all of your big brands are in Long Beach, its a nice city. There is a pier with several restaurants such as P.F. Changs, Famous Daves, Islands, Woko Woko (something like that). It is well light, sometimes there is life music and it is very safe. There also a mall across the street from the pier.