Community Contest: Pick a Contest!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Community Contests

Weekly Contest

Have fun with weekly contests.  Win cool Cruise Critic prizes.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 11:39 AM.
41 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
I saw a number of my questions have already been posted but my ideas included
What is your favorite port and why?
What was your favorite excursion ?
What are your favorite onboard activity?
Funniest thing you've seen or experienced on a cruise/
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Tennessee
20 Posts
Joined Jun 2016
What is the funniest thing you have seen on a cruise?
If you could choose your dream Carnival Live performer who would it be?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

12/2016 Carnival Liberty

9/2016 Carnival Magic

9/2015 Carnival Valor
Indiana
2 Posts
Joined Aug 2017
So many questions have already been submitted--but I'd really like to hear some of the funniest moments. I've had some of the biggest giggles w fellow cruisers (that I don't even know) over what someone chose to wear--because it was so outlandish or inappropriate.
Tennessee
20 Posts
Joined Jun 2016
Ours was in Port, maybe this makes me a bad parent, but I'll share anyway. In the Bahamas we bought dri ks in Port, I had a rum and coke, my husband got a beer, my 10 year old daughter got a soda. We are walking along taking in the sights when I wanted to take some pictures. I gave my drink to my daughter to hold for a moment, took the pic and rolled on. Not until a few days later I heard her mention that she hated "Roman Coke"... I said what is a Roman Coke? She said it's that drink you had in the Bahamas, I tasted it when you were taking pictures! Rum and coke, Roman Coke...we still laugh about it.

Originally posted by WIST47
So many questions have already been submitted--but I'd really like to hear some of the funniest moments. I've had some of the biggest giggles w fellow cruisers (that I don't even know) over what someone chose to wear--because it was so outlandish or inappropriate.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

12/2016 Carnival Liberty

9/2016 Carnival Magic

9/2015 Carnival Valor
Raleigh, NC
417 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
Between the devastation from Irma, a end run play by Jose, and the disturbance located near 18'N, 37'W....I find myself feeling guilt and a little trepidation over our forthcoming cruise on Elation, currently in dry dock. We've donated to relief efforts and have heard from family and friends that they are safe. We have been looking forward to this cruise for about a year. Still..... It's in our nature to repair, replace, and move forward to get past the tragedies. We share them, making them somewhat easier to overcome. I'm reminded of a line from the ancient movie, Starman, where Jeff Bridges' character says about humans, "You are at your very best, when things are worst." If only we could sustain our being best.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

SS Capella
USS Boulder
Big Red Boat 1990
Sovereign of the Seas
QE2 -The Novo Nordisk Cruise
Carnival Inspiration X 2
Carnival Valor X 3
Carnival Fantasy X 2
Carnival Liberty

South Carolina
256 Posts
Joined Jun 2009
Post a multi-generation photo taken on a cruise.
What was the celebration?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Lisa & (bobby)

6/00 Sensation
3/02 Fantasy
6/02 Jubilee
6/03 SOS RCCL
3/04 Fantasy
8/06 Sensation
08/07 SOS RCCL
02/09 Monarch of the Sea RCC
5/09 Carnival Glory
5/2010 The Carnival Dream
11/15/10 Carnival Fantasy from Charleston
03/12/2011 The Norwegian Sun
08/21/2011 Carnival Sensation
04/15/2012 Freedom of the Seas RCC
11/11/2013 Carnival Fascination Platinum
5/17/2014 Carnival Sunshine
12/12/2015 Norwegian Spirit cabin 11022

tx
9 Posts
Joined Sep 2017
Originally posted by dreamz1109
Share a picture from a recent cruise that includes an animal (fish, wildlife, birds, farm, etc). The funniest/ coolest picture wins based on votes
Visiting the Turtle Farm in Grand Caymen
196 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Originally posted by CC Help Jenn
Hey Guys and Gals!

I am sure you can tell it is hard to have the creative mind to choose a new contest topic all of the time So for this contest I am requesting your help. Reply with your contest ideas!

There aren't many rules: A weekly contest can be anything really - a question, trivia, request to share pictures of something, whats for dinner, anything you can think up. It can be cruise or travel related but it is never a requirement.

The only true rule is that I like to pick winners randomly so everyone has an equal shot just by participating.

So for this week your contest question is to help me come up with contest ideas. Post as many as you like either in one post or multiple posts - doesn't matter to me I'm easy.

I will choose a few winners randomly to receive a cool Critic Logo prize!

Thank you

Jenn
Q: do you set a budget for vacations?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
2006 Explorer of the Seas Bermuda
2015 Liberty of the Seas Bermuda
2016 Anthem of the Seas Bermuda, San Juan PR, St Martin, Labadee
Riverside, CA
153 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
Would love to know how many times you've sailed on the same ship and why??
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Memories Past:
CCL Inspiration - 1/30/2017
CCL Inspiration - 10/24/2016 CCL Imagination - 10/18/2015 CCL Miracle - 1/10/2015
CCL Miracle - 12/01/2013 CCL Inspiration - 11/12/2012 NCL Pearl - 8/07/2011 CCL Spirit - 1/23/2011
CCL Paradise - 1/11/2010 CCL Splendor - 5/10/2009 CCL Paradise - 1/12/2009 RCL Monarch of the Seas - 5/29/2006
CCL Paradise - 10/31/2005 CCL Paradise - 11/01/2004 CCL Ecstasy - 2/16/2004 CCL Holiday - 1985
HAL Noordam - 1980's RCL Song of America - 1980's
The good Ole USA
129 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
What was the name of the best person who you dealt with from the crew on your last cruise. MOST COMMON answer - all get the prize.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Crazy in LOVE with my wonderful Wife!!

238 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
I would want to hear people's best money saving tips!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Sailing!
The Estills from Hoover, AL

Carnival Elation 2011
Carnival Victory 2012
Norwegian Dawn 2014
Carnival Dream 2016
Carnival Magic 2017
Carnival Sunshine 2018
Nashville, TN
82 Posts
Joined Jul 2012
Photo contest...
Post a photo with you and an outstanding crew member. Lets give all those hard working crew members some love, they are the ones that can really make our cruise's memorable.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Norwegian Epic 01/05/2013
Norwegian Dawn 01/05/2014
Norwegian Epic 02/23/2015
Norwegian Getaway 03/20/2016
Norwegian Escape 01/07/2017
Norwegian Getaway 01/15/2017
Norwegian Pearl 01/25/2017
Texas
13 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
I think a cool travel contest is to name all the ports you have been to on a cruise ship.

The other travel contest- If you could only take one cruise, name your top 7 ports you would like to visit, anywhere in the world.
Texas
13 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
Originally posted by Fishtales6
Between the devastation from Irma, a end run play by Jose, and the disturbance located near 18'N, 37'W....I find myself feeling guilt and a little trepidation over our forthcoming cruise on Elation, currently in dry dock. We've donated to relief efforts and have heard from family and friends that they are safe. We,r, replace, and move forward to get past the tragedies. We share them, making them somewhat easier to overcome. I'm reminded of a line from the ancient movie, Starman, where Jeff Bridges' character says about humans, "You are at your very best, when things are worst." If only we could sustain our being best.
I have the same feelings. However as someone that was in the middle of Hurricane Harvey (south of Houston, TX) you learn whats important to you. I did my time volunteering as a nurse, helping friends with homes, delivering meals and donating cleaning supplies, clothing and food. The devastation will still be here when I return, so will the continuation of my helping friends and neighbors in need. But I need time for myself and my husband. Life is precious, enjoy what you can now, because you never know what tomorrow will bring.
Florida
344 Posts
Joined Nov 2009
Originally posted by mibrneydgrl
What is your least favorite portrait background on formal night?
I can tell you my worse formal night photo! The photographer had placed our twins in front of us and we each put our hand on one of their shoulders. It came out with me looking like I had a freakishly large man hand.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

NCL Epic 1/18/2014 Boy's B-day & Best cruise to date!
CCL Fascination 5/23/2013
RCCL Monarch 12/28/2012
NCL Sky 12/2009
NCL Sky 12/2008
Costa Atlantica 12/2002
Costa Victoria 12/1997 Honeymoon
There were other cruises but my memory isn't as good as it once was. Mom-nesia
Niagara region, Canada
1,529 Posts
Joined May 2012
What is the best show you have seen on board by a guest performer? (or group). It was so good you still remember it..👏👏👏
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1998-Maasdam, PC full transit. 2002-Veendam. 2003-Zuiderdam. 2004-Costa Fortuna, Canaries & Morocco. 2005-NCL Spirit. 2006-Noordam. 2007-Celebrity Constellation. 2008-CCL Miracle. 2009-Eurodam. 2011-Noordam. 2012-CCL Breeze, West Med. 2013-NCL Sun, Southern Carib. Nov 2014-NCL Jade, West Med. Sept 2015-NCL Star, Baltic. Dec 2016- NCL Pearl, Panama/W.Carib. Oct 2017-Jewel of the Seas, W.Med. Feb 2018-Getaway, W.Carib. Nov 2018- Spirit, W.Med.

Review: Food, Wine & Fun on the Sun http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1965351
Photo Review: West Med on the Jadehttp://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2178866

Ft Myers, Florida
35 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
I am going on the MSC Divina in December and created quizzes for each day pertinent to ship or port facts.These are some of the more difficult questions I am asking.
1.Why is there no Deck 17 on MSC ships?
2.Spanish settlers originally named Jamaica Xaymaica or Santiago?
3. Who is George Nowak? (Grand Cayman)
4.Which of these actors is not Mexican? Anthony Quinn, Salma Hayak, Ricardo Montalban or Penelope Cruz.
5. What was the original name of Paradise Island? (Bahamas)
6. What is the coin ceremony ?
7. What is Mal de Debarquement Syndrome?
8.What is the name of the winch like device that is used to launch the lifeboats?
9.Where is the world's busiest cruise port?
10. Customarily the Godmother of a cruise ship is a well known female. One ship, the Norwegian Escape has a Godfather. Who is it?