Community Contest: Pick a Contest!

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Community Contests

Weekly Contest

Have fun with weekly contests.  Win cool Cruise Critic prizes.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 09:06 AM.
Ewing, NJ
2,508 Posts
Joined Jun 2011
Hey Guys and Gals!

I am sure you can tell it is hard to have the creative mind to choose a new contest topic all of the time So for this contest I am requesting your help. Reply with your contest ideas!

There aren't many rules: A weekly contest can be anything really - a question, trivia, request to share pictures of something, whats for dinner, anything you can think up. It can be cruise or travel related but it is never a requirement.

The only true rule is that I like to pick winners randomly so everyone has an equal shot just by participating.

So for this week your contest question is to help me come up with contest ideas. Post as many as you like either in one post or multiple posts - doesn't matter to me I'm easy.

I will choose a few winners randomly to receive a cool Critic Logo prize!

Thank you

Jenn
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Jenn
Senior Community Support
Contact Us

Submit your cruise review with photos for a chance to win Cruise Critic Logo gear. A prize is awarded weekly.
1,474 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Is there a drink/meal that sets a tradition when you cruise. For example; every cruise I have to start with a Pina Colada and lunch in the MDR.
Louisiana
81 Posts
Joined Jun 2017
I like this contest!

Cruise Related
- What is your favorite/least favorite port and why?
- What has been your favorite excursion so far?
- What is your preferred mode of travel to your vacation-- by car, bus, train, or air?
- Describe your one best cruise day.
- Submit your best "elegant" night attire photo. (The photo must include yourself.)
- What is your favorite late night snack and on which cruise line's ship did you enjoy it?
- What souvenir items have you purchased on your cruises?
- What factor(s) determine when you cruise?
- Where is your favorite place to dine while cruising-- on or off ship?
- Your favorite cruise line is introducing a new ship that will sail to Antarctica, and the brand new ship needs a good name. Name it.

Non-Cruise Related
- What book are you reading, and to whom would you recommend it?
- Name something interesting that happened on this date in history. (Include the date.)
- Describe your holiday tradition (based on the approaching holiday).
- What is your favorite healthy breakfast and unhealthy dinner?
- What are your weekend plans?
- Name one television series that you must not miss an episode.
- Cheer for your sports team (depending on which sport is in season).
- What is one quirk that annoys everyone and you know it, but you will never stop because it makes you . . . you?
- Show your KOTD (Kicks of the Day)-- submit a picture of your chosen shoes for the day.
- Everyone gets into trouble once in awhile as a kid. What was one thing you did that makes you shake your head in disbelief and shame today?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Profile Says Everything
Virginia
3,968 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
OK, let me give this one a try. KappaLady...you took a lot of my ideas!!! But I'll list them again and maybe we will see them as questions in the future.

I was thinking about coming up with questions a few months ago and was thinking after a while that could get a little difficult.

Cruise questions:
- Do you choose your cruise for the itinerary/ports or the ship
- Favorite port and why
- Favorite embarkation port and why
- Favorite itinerary and why
- Favorite ship and why
- Favorite cruise line sponsored excursion and why
- Favorite local excursion not offered through the cruise line that you've taken and why
- Favorite month to cruise and why
- Do you collect souvenir drink cups from cruises (don't know about others, but Carnival has these) and if so, which is your favorite and why (pictures would be welcome)

Photo submissions:
- Your favorite photo that you took of a cruise ship
- Your favorite photo you have taken while in a cruise port
- Your favorite photo you have taken of the sea from the ship

That's enough...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

CARNIVAL LIBERTY - September 20 - 27, 2015 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan); LIBERTY 2015 REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2275573
CARNIVAL LIBERTY - April 5 - 12, 2014 (Western Caribbean: Miami, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman...missed port, Miami); LIBERTY 2014 REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2039919
CARNIVAL VALOR - May 5 - 12, 2013 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan); VALOR 2013 REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1917645
CARNIVAL GLORY - May 9 - 16, 2010 (Eastern Caribbean: Miami, HMC Bahamas, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, Miami)
CARNIVAL MIRACLE - March 12 - 19, 2006 (Western Caribbean: Tampa, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya, Tampa)
Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas - January 16 - 23, 2000 (Mexican Riviera: Los Angeles, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Los Angeles)
CARNIVAL FESTIVALE - June 14 - 21, 1992 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Dominica, Barbados, Martinique, San Juan)

Good old NY NY
75 Posts
Joined Oct 2012
Share a picture from a recent cruise that includes an animal (fish, wildlife, birds, farm, etc). The funniest/ coolest picture wins based on votes
Louisiana
81 Posts
Joined Jun 2017
Pghsteelerfan, I had a few more, but eh . . . Someone else may think of them!

~Profile Says Everything~
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Profile Says Everything
Virginia
3,968 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Originally posted by KappaLady
Pghsteelerfan, I had a few more, but eh . . . Someone else may think of them!

~Profile Says Everything~
Lol!!! I did too but decided to stop. Then I came up with even more.

CC Help Jenn...please do not count this post when picking random winners. I was just responding to another poster.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

CARNIVAL LIBERTY - September 20 - 27, 2015 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan); LIBERTY 2015 REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2275573
CARNIVAL LIBERTY - April 5 - 12, 2014 (Western Caribbean: Miami, Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman...missed port, Miami); LIBERTY 2014 REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2039919
CARNIVAL VALOR - May 5 - 12, 2013 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten, San Juan); VALOR 2013 REVIEW: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1917645
CARNIVAL GLORY - May 9 - 16, 2010 (Eastern Caribbean: Miami, HMC Bahamas, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk, Miami)
CARNIVAL MIRACLE - March 12 - 19, 2006 (Western Caribbean: Tampa, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, Costa Maya, Tampa)
Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas - January 16 - 23, 2000 (Mexican Riviera: Los Angeles, Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta, Los Angeles)
CARNIVAL FESTIVALE - June 14 - 21, 1992 (Southern Caribbean: San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, Dominica, Barbados, Martinique, San Juan)

British Columbia Canada
79 Posts
Joined Feb 2010
Tell us why you choose to cruise!...and how you feel about the differences/experiences, especially if you have done other types of vacations as well.
After years of researching cruising and always going with our regular All Inclusive Resort vacation, Las Vegas or Land trip to Maui we finally booked our first cruise!
We are really looking forward to our cruise in September.
160 Posts
Joined Oct 2015
Wow, lots of great options! I can't compete, lol. Mine are not nearly as exciting or fun.... How about:

What made you decide to take your first cruise?
What was your first cruise?
When?
What is your favourite book?
What type of books do you bring on board with you?
Describe your pet(s) with one word.
How long does it take you to pack and get ready to go on your cruise?
When do you start counting down the days until your next vacation?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
New York
335 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
Post a picture of your best meal on board a cruise ship
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCCL Diamond
Home Lines Oceanic 1981 Nassau/Bermuda
Home Lines Oceanic 1983 Nassau/Bermuda
Home Lines Atlantic 1985 Bermuda
Home Lines Homeric 1987 Bermuda
RCCL Allure of the Seas 06/2012 Western Caribbean
RCCL Jewel of the Seas 12/2012 Western Caribbean
RCCL Serenade of the Seas 6/12/2013 Mediteranean
RCCL Liberty of the Seas 05/06/2015 Bermuda/Caribbean
RCCL Radiance of the Seas 07/04/2016 SB Alaska Cruisetour
Next up
RCCL Jewel of the Seas 04/22/2018 Southern Caribbean
RCCL Freedom of the seas 11/25/18 Southern Caribbean
RCCL Symphony of the Seas 04/20/2019 Western Caribbean
NV
8 Posts
Joined Jul 2017
What is your name?
What is your quest?
What is your favorite color?
What is the capital of Assyria?

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

(sorry, couldn't resist)
Watchung, New Jersey
298 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
What did you do to help someone today?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

2-14-1997 Royal Empress of Sea 3 night San Juan
4-25-2008 Royal Explorer of Sea 9 night Bermuda
11-29-2009 Royal Explorer of Sea 12 night Carib
02-08-2010 Princess Ruby 10 nights Carib
09-02-2010 Royal Explorer of Sea 9 night Canada
09-14-2011 Celebrity Silhouette 12 Night Carib
2012 Princess Panama Canal
01-28-2013 Celebrity Solstice 18 N New Zealand
02-15-2013 Celebrity Solstice 17 Night Australia
10-20-2013 Celebrity Equinox 12 nights Italy
06-15-2014 Celebrity Summit Bermuda
01-17-2015 Royal Liberty 5 nights Cayman
04-12-2015 Royal Quantum 12 N Carib
05-29-2015 Celebrity Millennium 7N Alaska
09-06-2015 Celebrity Summit 14N Canada
01-25-2016 Royal Anthem of Sea 12 N Caribbean
05-12-2016 Celebrity Millennium 8N Alaska
05-20-2016 Celebrity Millennium 7N Alaska
11-05-2016 Celebrity Silhouette 15N Trans/Mediter
09-14-2017 Royal Anthem of Sea 9N Canada
09-30-2017 Carnival Sunshine 7N Bermuda

northern ontario canada
208 Posts
Joined Feb 2013
Where is the furthest from home that you have traveled by any mode of transportation?

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

NJ
6,525 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Post a ship pic and name that ship and where on the ship was it taken.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
-Lori

Upcoming cruises: Carnival Victory · NCL Getaway · Carnival Horizon

Past cruises:·

NCL: Gem & Breakaway many times, Jewel 2x, Star, Dawn Carnival: Sunshine, Splendor, Glory 5x, Freedom, Miracle 2x, Legend, Dream, Liberty, Triumph, Fantasy, Imagination, Victory (1st cruise ever!!) Princess: Caribbean 2x, Crown, Emerald, Island Princess through Panama Canal! Royal Caribbean: Allure of the Seas, Anthem of the Seas 4x, Quantum of the Seas, Explorer 2x Celebrity: Equinox and Summit Disney: Magic