Queen Mary 2 Ocean Liner Sets Sail on Annual Transatlantic Fashion Week Voyage

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:23 AM.
Vale of Glamorgan
3,575 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
I know a few of our members are sailing on this crossing, Bon Voyage.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
Vale of Glamorgan
3,575 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
There is a report on the crossing from Hello magazine

http://www.hellomagazine.com/travel/...?sf111182302=1
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
Magnolia, Texas
1,389 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Thinner skinned Cunard travelers might object to the Queen Mary 2 being called a 'cruise' ship. She is an Ocean Liner! But no matter.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Vale of Glamorgan
3,575 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Originally posted by Bigmike911
Thinner skinned Cunard travelers might object to the Queen Mary 2 being called a 'cruise' ship. She is an Ocean Liner! But no matter.
Fixed it !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Iowa
1,331 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
FYI, I see from the just-released 2019 Cunard schedules that the 2019 Transatlantic Fashion Week voyage will be on an eastbound crossing from 28 July to 4 August, 2019 -- just in case anyone wants to start planning that far ahead!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"There’s nothing―absolutely nothing―half so much worth doing as messing about in boats." ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind In The Willows

CroisiEurope Douce France, Rhine River (2004) ... Queen Mary 2, Transatlantic (2005, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016) ... Queen Elizabeth 2, Norwegian Wonders (2008) ... Island Princess, Panama Canal (2008) ... Queen Victoria, Gallic Getaway (2009) ... Norwegian Epic, Eastern Caribbean (2010) ... Brilliance of the Seas, Suez Canal (2011) ... Queen Elizabeth, Eastern Mediterranean (2012) ... Maasdam, Canada and New England (2013) ... Queen Mary 2, Caribbean Fiesta (2013) ... Serenade of the Seas, Baltic (2017)

Magnolia, Texas
1,389 Posts
Joined Jul 2009
Originally posted by Host Hattie
Fixed it !
Thank you Hattie. You're a "Princess". We will reserve Queen for H.M., so "Princess" is next best.

Mike
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Alaska
242 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
As many of you know (due to the number of pre-cruise posts I made in breathless anticipation), I was on this cruise. My daughter and I will post a review in a week or so, but I couldn't wait to share a few essentials.

First, the fashion week offerings were, for the most part, delightful and merited the hype.

Second, our friend and frequent poster, Bell Boy, was on the cruise so we got to meet him in person. He is a delightful man and I am so pleased to have become acquainted with him.

A full review will follow in about a week, no doubt with pictures.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming Cruises:
Cunard QM2 8/17 - Fashion week!

Past Cruises:
NCL Dawn 7/16 Bermuda
Cunard QM2 9/15 Transatlantic
NCL Jewel Caribbean 1/14
NCL Jade, Italy and Adriatic, 10/12
Viking River Cruise, China, 7/12
Celebrity Solstice W. Carib. 11/10
NCL Pearl Panama Canal 4/10
Lindblad Panorama Greece & Adriatic 9/09
NCL Sun Mex. Riviera 9/08
Celebrity Millenium E. Carib. 1/07
Lindblad Egypt 3/06
Celebrity Summit Mex. Riviera 10/05
Lindblad Polaris Galapagos 5/04
NCL Norway E. Carib 2/97
Oakland, CA USA
1,786 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
These theme crossings are a great idea. We were on the Blue Note Jazz crossing last fall and had a great time enjoying the wonderful music and other events. Truly special.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cunard: 109 Days
Seabourn: 68 Days
Azamara: 64 Days
HAL: 34 Days
Crystal: 31 Days
Celebrity: 14 Days
Princess: 14 Days
RCL: 7 Days
Commodore: 7 Days
Carnival: 3 Days
Goodtime II: 1 Day
Vale of Glamorgan
3,575 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Nice to hear back from you Whirled Peas, I look forward to seeing your full review.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Hampshire, England
1,565 Posts
Joined Mar 2008
Originally posted by Whirled Peas
As many of you know (due to the number of pre-cruise posts I made in breathless anticipation), I was on this cruise. My daughter and I will post a review in a week or so, but I couldn't wait to share a few essentials.

First, the fashion week offerings were, for the most part, delightful and merited the hype.

Second, our friend and frequent poster, Bell Boy, was on the cruise so we got to meet him in person. He is a delightful man and I am so pleased to have become acquainted with him.

A full review will follow in about a week, no doubt with pictures.

Excellent news Whirled Peas.

I have been following Bell Boy's full 'back to back' crossings over on Facebook with numerous superb photographs.

Well done you meeting up.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Dancing above the Waves.

Diving below them.