Mediterranean Cruise only bookings

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
SPECIAL NOTICE: There is an issue with the main login on the forums on many browsers. Go to our homepage: HOMEPAGE and use the login located at the main top nav.. Then, choose BOARDS on the nav. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:24 AM.
Vale of Glamorgan
3,575 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
After last week's reports of hideous flight delays, Scrapnana (I think) asked about a discount for booking your own flights. I have just booked for next year, sailing from Southampton and returning from Barcelona and had £150 discount per person for booking Cruise only.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
Gower Peninsula, Wales
2,984 Posts
Joined Jan 2006
After the hideous charter flights we had this year, we will NEVER booking one again, so that's good to read. Thank you Hattie.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Gill

QV - December 2017
QE - March 2018
QM2 - April 2018
QM2 - January 2019
South Lincolnshire
1,346 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
And you can come back by train these days, great for non flyers! We have met several people cruising from Southampton who cannot fly, either from a fear of flying, or medical reasons like us. A charter train to med based cruise would be great!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Valentine Jewell

40 cruises since 1991

To come, number 41
QUEEN ELIZABETH, November 2017
Honiton, Devon, England
208 Posts
Joined Aug 2015
There is a TA that has a Cunard med cruise package to Venice returning on the Orient Express. Great value when you look at the separate price of a OE booking. We are thinking of doing this next year.
Vale of Glamorgan
3,575 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
We did an Orient Express trip after a QV cruise finishing in Venice. We got the train to Vienna, had a couple of nights there and then got back on the train.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
Vale of Glamorgan
3,575 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Yes, it was a great experience.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Honiton, Devon, England
208 Posts
Joined Aug 2015
That's good to know, thanks. On a general note we no longer fly as a rule so it's good to learn of a possible discount for those that might want to make alternative arrangements I can also see cruise only becoming more popular.
Vale of Glamorgan
3,575 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
I originally did it so we could fly back to our local airport but I do like a good train journey so it's definitely something to consider.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature