Sapphire refit.

gunn3rs3

Is there any news ref Sapphire having a refit.

The Sapphire Princess is reported to be scheduled for a dockyard maintenance (Sapphire: March 14, to 27, 2018; 14 days) The Princess website shows the ship is scheduled to receive the Luxury Beds during that dockyard maintenance but no other details. We have experienced the new bed on another Princess ship and we really enjoyed it. Glad the new beds will be in place when we cruise on the Sapphire next summer.

We're sailing on the Sapphire in Summer 2018 & have only read about the Luxury Beds but nothing else about what will be done during the 2 week dockyard visit. Hopefully soon Princess will share details about whether changes will be made or it's all routine maintenance.

Based on what I've read about changes recently made to the Caribbean's pizzeria & grill, I'd like to see those changes made on the Sapphire. The changes appear to be a nice improvement but if nothing else it's something new to try.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
we are on this one too - worried re all the poor reviews!

Don't worry - we are just home from 15 nights on the Sapphire. We also read the negative reviews, however they proved, in our view, to be mostly unsubstantiated. Crew were excellent and always keen and happy to help. The food was excellent, portions smaller in the main dining room, but more than adequate, lots of choice in the buffet. Our only negative was the standard of some of the entertainers, rather poor apart from 2 young violinists who were excellent Due to location of the ports felt that time onshore was too short and found we spent a lot of time clock watching.

Don't worry - we are just home from 15 nights on the Sapphire. We also read the negative reviews, however they proved, in our view, to be mostly unsubstantiated. Crew were excellent and always keen and happy to help. The food was excellent, portions smaller in the main dining room, but more than adequate, lots of choice in the buffet. Our only negative was the standard of some of the entertainers, rather poor apart from 2 young violinists who were excellent Due to location of the ports felt that time onshore was too short and found we spent a lot of time clock watching.

Yep, agree completely regarding the negative reviews. We were aboard Sapphire Princess for 21 days over New Year and into January, we too experienced no issues with the ship or the crew at all. We had a great cruise, food was fine, service in the public rooms was fine also, as we the International Café. To be honest I think those that take time to review cruises (and other things) are sometimes those who have either a bad experience or an unrealistic expectation. I think the vast majority of people are satisfied with what they experience but don't take the time to post the review.

Cheers,

we are on this one too - worried re all the poor reviews!

If I allowed negative passenger reviews to influence my cruise choices, I would have missed many wonderful cruises. Like so many online reviews of anything, they’re mostly people who complain & not from happy customers.

I’ve been on the same cruise doing the same things & wonder if the negative review passengers were on the same cruise. And some passengers overreact & allow minor things to ruin their cruise. Things can go wrong but each of us decides how to react. I don’t sweat the small stuff and as long as I’m healthy & on a cruise everything else is small stuff.

We’re eagerly looking forward to sailing on the Sapphire this summer & after the drydock will have the new mattresses & a spiffed up ship. :D

If I allowed negative passenger reviews to influence my cruise choices, I would have missed many wonderful cruises. Like so many online reviews of anything, they’re mostly people who complain & not from happy customers.

I’ve been on the same cruise doing the same things & wonder if the negative review passengers were on the same cruise. And some passengers overreact & allow minor things to ruin their cruise. Things can go wrong but each of us decides how to react. I don’t sweat the small stuff and as long as I’m healthy & on a cruise everything else is small stuff.

We’re eagerly looking forward to sailing on the Sapphire this summer & after the drydock will have the new mattresses & a spiffed up ship. :D

Very true - our bed in balcony cabin C244 was extremely comfortable, didn't seem to be needing replaced in our view