Direct Transfer of Luggage to FLL on Debarkation?

sharks48

I did a search for this, but since I can't remember the name HAL gives to this I didn't have much luck.

In the past we have paid to have direct check-thru of luggage to our airline from the ship, so we left it outside the stateroom and didn't see it again until we arrived at the home airport. I can't remember whether we did this in FLL, but I'd guess we did.

Does anyone know whether HAL still does this and, if so, what it's called?

Thanks so much.

I did a search for this, but since I can't remember the name HAL gives to this I didn't have much luck.

In the past we have paid to have direct check-thru of luggage to our airline from the ship, so we left it outside the stateroom and didn't see it again until we arrived at the home airport. I can't remember whether we did this in FLL, but I'd guess we did.

Does anyone know whether HAL still does this and, if so, what it's called?

Thanks so much.

It's available for most airlines from FLL and the best $20 you'll ever spend. Name escapes me at the moment but someone will chime in with it.

We used the Luggage Direct service in FLL a few weeks ago and it worked fine, just as it has in the past when our flights qualified for this service. Our luggage arrived at our home airport when we did, without any problems.

However, the boarding passes that were printed by the office on the Maasdam could not be scanned by the scanning equipment at the airport for some reason, so to be safe I would stop at your airline's check in counter and ask them to reprint your boarding pass for you before you proceed through security. It will save you from being turned back either at security or at your gate when boarding your flight.

We used this service for the first time on January 4th and it was great.

We were flying FFL to Seattle then connecting thru to Victoria. When I originally booked our flights the Seattle/Victoria flight was already overbooked so I knew there was a good chance that we might not make that flight. When we received our boarding passes we only received the FFL/Seattle pass. We checked at the airline service desk and confirmed we had seat assignment for the last leg and received our additional boarding passes. When we were boarding that flight there were at least 10 people on stand by. Yikes.

Without luggage direct we would not have gotten on that flight.

Rockfan2

On our cruise last month out of FLL I noted that Luggage Direct added something to their form - it asked if you had a priority card or credit card that provided for free bags! I thought that this was a great question for them to ask, as I always wondered how they handled transactions like my free bag with an AA gold card. Smart move!

For those who have used w/ Southwest, does it work if you have Early Bird check in and TSA precheck? I'd rather get my own boarding pass on my phone - of course I guess you can always still do that even w/ the boarding pass luggage direct gives you.